Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Dunloy are above the standard of most teams in Antrim yet. And as they proved only a couple of Weeks ago are quite capable of beating the so called big two on any given day. They'll at least be in the semi final and I wouldn't be surprised if they make the final.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

CornerBackNo2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2012, 10:34:23 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on August 03, 2012, 09:25:03 PM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 03, 2012, 04:03:21 PM
Well that's where I believe you are wrong, yes a lot of it would be down to the work their own players and management put in on the training field, however, the experience of playing a faster, better style of hurling will naturally improve the players. The same debate is going on at national level as teams such as Limerick for example are still playing their hurling in Div 1B. There are also a lot of others out there that hold the same views.

Any sarsfields contributers care to comment on how your last season in Div1 improved youse? Seemed to have the opposite effect. Div1 promotion suits an up and coming ambitious team with a decent juvenile system.

Correct, you need the talent coming through, St Johns though seem to be the opposite to this point, plenty talent but it never sees the light of day at Corrigan.

Strange comment seeing as throughout the year st johns have regularly had up to 5 minors starting in the senior team as well as having 4 or 5 more regular starters who are u21. And the majority of the panel would be under the age of 25/26

Milltown Row2

Well thats a first in many years. Cornerback ive played against the Jonnies for about 29 years at all levels/ages, this is probably the first time the younger ones have been given a go. I would know a lot about the set up from the past. Just my observation.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

I hear Rossa are are all tucked in bed, sleeping with their rifle, oh I mean hurl.

"This is my hurl. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My hurl is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my hurl is useless. Without my hurl, I am useless. I must strike my hurl true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my hurl and myself are defenders of my club, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen."
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lecale2

aontroim

Na Sairseil/Patrick Sarsfields 1-15 3-11 Ciceam an Creagán - first shock result of the championship!

Last Man

Quote from: aontroim on August 04, 2012, 08:57:13 PM
Na Sairseil/Patrick Sarsfields 1-15 3-11 Ciceam an Creagán - first shock result of the championship!
Some result for Creggan.....shock no.1 of the weekend ;)

btdtgtt

Wow - massively shocked at that sarsfields result fancied them strongly to win that championship.

HS I hope u notice MR2 knocking Rossa when you pulled me up on it!
MR2 you love a wind up as much as full metal jacket!
Think you will get a hiding tomorrow especially given absentees but fully agree league is Rossa priority so hopefully it will work out. Will the absentees be available for the Glenarrife games?

Saffrongael

WIll hurling in Antrim survive if Rossa don't make it to the promised land in Division 1 ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

btdtgtt

Don't think anyone outside Rossa will notice - but don't think anyone on the board was suggesting otherwise. Just a conversation like any other. HS you have me all paranoid pro Rossa now!

Seamroga in exile

Good luck to Rossa, and to hardstation. More so to Rossa. May the best team win.

Full team playing, btw.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

CitySlicker11

Loughgiel would have to be pretty disappointed if they are not able to win by at least 10 points against a weakened Rossa side. Heard from a few over that direction though that most of these will all be back for the league games. Hoping for some for of a competitive game to get the championship up and running anyway.

Hard luck to Sars, massive shock.

maxpower

There is something wrong, seriously wrong, if a team is treating a Championship game as a warm up to a league game! Loughgiel will probably win but Rossa have a decent recent record against them
What happens next????

CitySlicker11

I doubt that they are using it as a warm up to a league game, and fully expect that they will go out and give it a great shot. It's not as if they planned for players to be missing, just the way it has panned out, and that they should be back for matches next month. League should be their priority and championship in a few years time. When is St Johns v Lamh Dhearg down to be played?

Milltown Row2

Should the weather keep going like it is it might be a lot closer than 15 points!!