Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Is the point you're making he got what was coming to him? What do you want me to say? You have your point of view, I have mine. It's getting boring now. What matters is we're in another final with a good chance of 2 in a row. I'm more looking forwards than backwards.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Just want to know do you understand (rather than agree) the point I'm making?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

And why wouldn't I understand?

theskull1

Seamroga in exile

What way do you think the final will go Skull?

theskull1

A bit like yourself I'd rather not comment

oisinog

SIE   I can agree attacking someone when there back is turned is dangerous. Over the years how many times has Skinner done it himself.

Some of the worst "tackles" I have ever seen on a pitch have came from him.

If you are playing Dirty and Dangerous in a match you need to expect that you are going to get a dirty slap.

My personal opinion was he should have been sent off long before this incident.

At the end of the day skinner is okay I think everyone just needs to forget about it

On another note my commiserations to St Galls who really should have beat our Neighbours hopefully this will lift hurling in Belfast to show they can compete with the bigger clubs

Hurler24

Oisin i agree 100% but the way SIE etc were making this out you would think the Ballycastle players in question had assulted the lgiel players with sticks....ie comments like "could have been attending a wake today".It was quite obvious Skinner made a big deal out of something rather fickle.

And yes SIE hurling at tht standard maybe didnt help us come championship time against the likes of yous or Dunloy or Cdall but it has allowed us to blood alot of young players who have definatly improved our team.We now have a squad.I think we will only improve and will definatly stay up next year.

Seamroga in exile

If I get a chance to put up a link to the video of this "fickle" incident I will.

Milltown Row2

Not to row in behind what Skinner has done in the past (fcuk it) but he also finished one of our minors in a Minor Championship match up in Glenravel one year.

Smashed his elbow to bits, the lad was in plaster for months and rehabilitation for over a year. Give the sport up due to the injury as it affected him.

But Skinner will be playing in the final so he'll be grand, that young lad who played for us wont be hurling again. Fair amount of stories for one player
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

SIE will be sure to go offline (crawl away under a rock) after that post.

Seamroga in exile

I'm here skull. If that's true then it should have been dealt with at the time. Sure let's all go back in history and list the respective misdemeanours of players from all clubs. That'll be a worth while excercise. 

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 12, 2011, 02:45:16 PM
I'm here skull. If that's true then it should have been dealt with at the time. Sure let's all go back in history and list the respective misdemeanours of players from all clubs. They'll be a worth while exercises.

no need to go every players record here as there is only one player the subject of debate and you decided to defend one of the most cynical ones on view this year. wouldn't expect you to have a balanced perspective on this subject but as like most of the posters on here this morning i was a neutral at the match. the slapping and dirty play he was at was terrible and he wouldn't have got it in the back if he wasn't purposely holding on to ballycastles ball.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Quote the post where you saw me defending him. I commented on the challenge by hippy which was a disgrace.

Seamroga in exile

Btw NAH you're a Dunloy supporter aeen't you? Neutral at a Loughgiel match? That one made me chuckle.