Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

One other thing as Colombo might say - what is the feeling for the outlook in Dunloy? I have to see not only a hurling team but a club I admire!

Milltown Row2

I'm only taking the piss lads.  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jesusjones

Minor finals tonight, any predictions? I'll go for Rossa and Cushendall

Sleeping giant

Hard to look past dall in minors.  Going for dall by 8 on sunday Shamrocks by 6
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

JamesH

Mr2 well done in a great result v Dunloy on wed night, i did say even after the minor match that you had some cracking hurlers. I hope we show up with our A game on Sunday night or we'll be in deep trouble, as Galls have a very strong mobile team. With us having quite a few injuries and the bad weather forcast it will be anybodies game, but i expect a 4 point win.
The minor match is a tough call with the johnnies clear favourites, the one thing i will say about our boys is that with the talented squad we have the most important factor is that we have a great will to win which will cause the johnnies problems. I'm very disappointed that Rosa went into div 2 just to win a trophy, its hardly the ambitious attitude for a big club, or fair on genuine div 2 teams. The word is they have only five minors , were we will have a huge 8 minors on tonight, and we will have only 4 next year should we go to div 2? no chance our club wouldn't allow it and rightly so. it would have done them no harm as their u16s are in the County final against who? yep Ruairi Ogs.

Milltown Row2

That assessment was based on the games i refereed them, they didn't have their talented under 16's playing in those games, so based on that then it was a good call. Keep us updated on the games. Johnnies by 8 to make it a horrible weekend for the Dall! lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

auld stock

Johnnies would def start tonights game as fav as they have won everything b4 from u12 up. 2 years ago beat 'dall u16's by 25 pts.having said that it has the makings to be one the best minor finals in years as they are both really cracking teams.past form out the window on this one & although i hope our boys come out the right end i honestly believe that there is nothing between the two teams. so "milltown" on that basis & taking into account my "grasp of the local game" that would put the johnnies out the gate, home & hosed by about 15pts!!!! lol. seriously though i hope this game is a real cracker . good luck to both teams

Minder

McManus injured and not playing on Sunday?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Not true though they havent trained well i hear!

BlackandAmber

Good luck on Sunday MR.  Have youse been hiding all year to ambush the Championship?  ;D  be something to get to both finals. But I can't see it.  I reckon the Dall will be well warned and have too much for youse.
And I can't see anything but a Div 1 final. The Town's defence is good and without Watson Loughgiel will have plenty to do but Loughgiel's defence will have not too many problems with teh Towns attack specielly without Pinky and McGarry. The Town's biggest problem is midfeild and I think Loughgiel will win it there.

Fairhead

Yeah Loughgiel favs too for me. They are the champions after all and have huge experience at the semi final stage. 10 years since we got to the county final and have a long enough unavailable and injured list making the squad very stretched.

In saying that we have put in 2 decent performances in last 2 years when exiting the championship (2 and 3 point defeats to Dunloy and C'dall respectively) so hopeful of a strong performance. Did beat L'giel in the semi in 2001 right enough......

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Fairhead on September 09, 2011, 07:38:11 PM
Yeah Loughgiel favs too for me. They are the champions after all and have huge experience at the semi final stage. 10 years since we got to the county final and have a long enough unavailable and injured list making the squad very stretched.

In saying that we have put in 2 decent performances in last 2 years when exiting the championship (2 and 3 point defeats to Dunloy and C'dall respectively) so hopeful of a strong performance. Did beat L'giel in the semi in 2001 right enough......

10 years is too long never mind how long since we won one but without Pinky's experience and his and McGarry's hurling brains we'll struggle. Cossy can't do it all on his own and our midfeild just not strong enough. Light a candle and hope for bad weather and a low scoring game. We might sneak it.  ;D

Minder

St Johns 1-5 CDall 0-2 19 mins

Minder

Forever Green

Any more updates on the Minor game?

Rossa won the B championship with a 2-18 to 5-8 win over St Pauls