Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingstick

Sorry to hear this. Someone urgently needs to reel that squad in as there is the potential to win a championship. Humpy is a top bloke and should be respected as he was a top player. You would have to imagine this will be yet another year with no championship! If I'm not mistaken Ballycastle have lost good players to work/travel commitments. 

WTF u on about?

Quote from: hurlingstick on June 22, 2015, 09:06:16 PM
Sorry to hear this. Someone urgently needs to reel that squad in as there is the potential to win a championship. Humpy is a top bloke and should be respected as he was a top player. You would have to imagine this will be yet another year with no championship! If I'm not mistaken Ballycastle have lost good players to work/travel commitments. 

Bcastle as a club generally need to wind there neck in! Ideas above their station about winning championships when they don't even compete properly at league level. Plenty of good players but it takes hard work to win championships and from what I hear this is a problem every year with numbers at training/ players going to America. Then of course it's the managements problem. If they all put the effort in that humpy has over the years then they might have their championship by now.

Tony Baloney

Big parish and done nothing in 30 years.

btdtgtt

I asked this a while back but it's becoming clear why ballycastle have won nothing for so long.

CitySlicker11

Sorry to hear that a great hurling man has had to step down. He's not the only one that has struggled to get performances out of this Ballycastle squad. The players should look to try and use this to galvanise them and turn their season around. They owe it to their club.

keep her low this half

There are a lot of hurlers in Ballycastle would need to take a long hard look in the mirror. Humpy managed Armoy about ten to fifteen years ago and was a complete gentleman. Didn't win anything with us either but that's no shame. He was fully committed when he was up the Glen and I am sure he was even more so at his own club.

north_antrim_hound

Ballycastle implodes again

I think the sleeping giant theory is getting a bit long winded at this stage.

with the players that has come through every year and some smashing ones to come you wonder how long can they  keep wasting their  resources

we have been waiting for years now for them to break down the door and flourish

I thought Humpy maybe was the missing link , someone who could inject a bit of steel but now  it seems not

not good for the antrim club scene

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

if a club legend like humpy cant inspire the players to push on for a championship then no one else has a hope. The players have to take the brunt of the blame for their clubs constant short falls. So many talented players yet each year its the same short comings. A new manager comes in and its the same thing.

There seems to be some sort of English soccer mentality crept into the GAA where the media and fans will blame a manager when a team doesn't deliver and get shot of them. Time for the players to take a long look at themselves and see the obvious in front of them that its they who are letting their club and fans down.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

IMO clubs should base everything they do on the love of the game and setting the right standards (skill levels, commitment, values, respect, togetherness etc) rather than focusing on silverware. Everything after that should be taken as a bonus.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

WTF u on about?

Quote from: theskull1 on June 23, 2015, 02:44:14 PM
IMO clubs should base everything they do on the love of the game and setting the right standards (skill levels, commitment, values, respect, togetherness etc) rather than focusing on silverware. Everything after that should be taken as a bonus.

Normally skull if a team with a lot of good players such as Bcastle followed these rules then silverware would surely follow!

Hand up

Two Days since The St Johns player disgraced the u21 championship, his club and Family and still no word from him or his Club!! If he is innocent why isn't he accusing the Dall men of telling lies. I'm told St Johns are a club of a certain class, and I know many of the older lads are, but this new breed led by their mentor Jonty are a disgrace. We could write a book about their antics from playing over age players, unregistered players, snubbing the President Nicky Brennan, their yearly visits to Feile CCC, a complete joke. 

pullhard

New user - check
First post - check
Axe to grind - check

theskull1

Quote from: pullhard on June 23, 2015, 04:55:03 PM
New user - check
First post - check
Axe to grind - check

What I was thinking
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Jesusjones

While I am disgusted by the actions of the St. Johns player and I am no fan of Mr. Johnson I wouldn't agree with the other accusations about St. Johns. Always made feel more than welcome when we go up there and plenty of good hurling people in their club.

getevennotcross

Quote from: pullhard on June 23, 2015, 04:55:03 PM
New user - check
First post - check
Axe to grind - check
+1 - Stinks of an embittered individual who has fallen from grace, written all over it.  Our county appears to have more than most?