The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, January 26, 2007, 10:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
63 (87.5%)
?
9 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Nigel White


Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on August 03, 2016, 09:08:55 PM
Ffs 1 each. >:( You know what's going to happen,practically inevitable now >:(

Another penalty??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought.

Clov

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2016, 09:21:20 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 03, 2016, 09:08:55 PM
Ffs 1 each. >:( You know what's going to happen,practically inevitable now >:(

Another penalty??

Hope you backed that  :o
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2016, 09:21:20 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 03, 2016, 09:08:55 PM
Ffs 1 each. >:( You know what's going to happen,practically inevitable now >:(

Another penalty??

Mystic meg. Inspired substitution.

AZOffaly

Unlucky Tony. Oh well, there's always the next round to hope they lose in.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Had a relatively small investment at 9/4 on Celtic to win and Griffiths to score.Almost feel as if I've stolen the money.Two penalties and 92 minutes required to beat a team no one had heard of two years ago.Unconvincing.

bennydorano

Happy days.  Expect Fearon's resignation from the Celtic Board ASAP.  Intolerable stuff from such a big timer.

European football until Christmas at least. Brendy's a bona fide success.

tyroneStatto


Newbridge Exile

Quote from: T Fearon on August 03, 2016, 09:41:22 PM
Had a relatively small investment at 9/4 on Celtic to win and Griffiths to score.Almost feel as if I've stolen the money.Two penalties and 92 minutes required to beat a team no one had heard of two years ago.Unconvincing.
100% right Tony never heard of them until Two years ago when Athletico Madrid , Galatassary and Benefica were unable to beat them in Astana in  group stages of champions league )

Main Street

What Tony doesn't know would fill the Encyclopaedia Britannica.

it's pretty clear that Rodgers has inherited a mini group of players who are not up to it, regardless of how much they are paid.
Armstrong, Brown, Gordon, Forest, Johansen McGregor  and heaven help any manager who has the misfortune to have Ambrose in his squad.
That's half the team, I also have my doubts about Griffiths at this level.

Toure looks a natural leader, a Bobo Balde without the bomb scare factor. nevertheless if Rodgers brings that bunch into the CL group stages,  it will be his greatest managerial achievement.

T Fearon

I could accept your argument if we were up against Real Madrid,Barcelona,Bayern Munich but not smaller clubs like Astana who have neither history, fan base nor a budget to match ours.These teams should be overawed stepping out at Celtic Park but instead they know they have a realistic chance of success.

Qualify or not this season or any season in fact,,neither this nor no other Celtic manager is going to have access to the resources to bring in Kevin De Bruyne or Gareth Bale (at least until they reach their late 30s). He is going to have to make you with what he has largely in addition to young talent or the odd Wanyama.It should be enough for any competent manager to at least take Celtic into the Champions League group stages 9 times out of 10.

illdecide

Tony I have bitten in the past to your wind ups but no more...that's the last time I respond to your shite talk, wise up FFS a man your age...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Am I wrong? Are these clubs bigger than Celtic? Is Rodgers going to stuff the squad with big names over the next twelve months? Please point out where I'm wrong?

ned

Did we win tonight? Are we through to the next round? I'm sure I just listened to us scoring a penalty to win 2-1? Ach well there's always next year.
These teams are nowhere near Celtic in terms of history or stature. In all other ways they are of a similar standing and in the case of Astana they may be richer.