Limerick v Tipperary AI Semi Final 16th August 2009

Started by youbetterbelieveit, August 11, 2009, 02:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Premier Emperor

Tipperary should win this handy if we stay awake for the 70 minutes.
I'm not sure about Curran in the corner, he is not as quick as he used to be.
He'll be fine against Breen of Limerick, but in the final against the Cats, they'll test his legs big time.

We can't allow ourselves to be bullied by Limerick this year. Waterford rattled us from the start last year and it took the team 10 minutes to realise they were in a match.
This last 6 or 7 years, Tipp teams don't seem to play well in the dead atmosphere of Croke Park.
The team seems to respond to electricity of Munster encounters but wilt in Croke Park.

Tipp by 7.

INDIANA

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Wedger

Quote from: Gnevin on August 16, 2009, 06:04:53 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 16, 2009, 06:03:16 PM
How bad are limerick?

How bad is Hurling
On the evidence of this year, Kilkenny and Tipperary are well ahead of the chasing pack.
Tipp gave a Kilkenny a good test in the league final and I hope for hurling's sake they do the same in the All Ireland.
Hurling needs a good quality All Ireland final.

The Wedger

On today's game.
No offence to Limerick, but they had a nice run to the semi final.
Galway or Cork are better hurling teams.

Terrible team from Limerick today. Their backs rained down aimless balls on their forwards, their forwards couldn't catch a cold.
Tipp opened up the Limerick at ease with the sort of pact forward play that may trouble the Cats.

The only laugh of the day was when Marty Morrissey said something like.
"Brendan Cummins playing his 49th consecutive championship game since 1996...Of course he was dropped for two of the games against Limerick in 2007"

slow corner back

A shockingly bad effort by Limerick today which tells us nothing at all about how good or bad Tipp are. I suppose all Tipp could do was beat what was in front of them but dear me it was hard to watch. Fumbling, no tackling, aimles wides, how many points did Kerwick score for Tipp while standing totally unmarked about 50 yds out. Antony Daly must be kicking himself that Dublin lost to Limerick, I genuinly believe the Dubs would have given Tipp a better game ( it could not have been any worse )

bottlethrower7

Tipp have to be red-hot favourites for the final after that pretty awesome demolition job. Tipp were going at half-pelt, yet still racked up a huge 6-19. Imagine if they had enjoyed a spell of that awesome hurling they showed in patches in earlier championship games.

People will talk up Kilkenny, but lets face it, thats on the back of last year's championship. Tipp are the best team in this year's championship. They have clinically demolished anyone that came before them, while on the other hand Kilkenny have struggled against Galway, Waterford (who Tipp destroyed) and Dublin (who were beaten by that Limerick team). Tipp are the form team. Kilkenny aren't. Kilkenny are a tired, jaded outfit on the decline. The years are taking their toll. The miles have built up and fatigue and apathy have set in.

I repeat, Tipp are red-hot favourites for the all-Ireland. I only hope Kilkenny can give them a bit of a game, for the sake of hurling. Stay with them til half-time at least.

EddieMerx

The funny thing about that game is that Tipp really did not play that well, Limerick really were that bad! I still couldn't tell you if Tipp are really good or are lambs to the slaughter against the Cats

INDIANA

Quote from: EddieMerx on August 17, 2009, 09:39:18 AM
The funny thing about that game is that Tipp really did not play that well, Limerick really were that bad! I still couldn't tell you if Tipp are really good or are lambs to the slaughter against the Cats

Agreed didn't thiink tipp scracthed themselves. You wouldn't see some of those goals in an u10 match. Limerick were so bad it wasn't funny. People forget after 10mins tipp still hadn't scored a point.

theskull1

Terrible match for any hurling lover. The gulf in class at this stage of the championship is worrying. The difference between the teams in actual hurling ability told it's tale. Tipp did very well in the aerial exchanges in particular. It's hard to know if they have up'd that side of their game this year or Limerick just didn't compete aggressively enough under the dropping ball. Their team play also looks to have improved. They will definately give the cats a rattle but I think that KK will be ready and fired up in the final and reckon they will win it by 5-6 points
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

INDIANA

Quote from: theskull1 on August 17, 2009, 09:53:43 AM
Terrible match for any hurling lover. The gulf in class at this stage of the championship is worrying. The difference between the teams in actual hurling ability told it's tale. Tipp did very well in the aerial exchanges in particular. It's hard to know if they have up'd that side of their game this year or Limerick just didn't compete aggressively enough under the dropping ball. Their team play also looks to have improved. They will definately give the cats a rattle but I think that KK will be ready and fired up in the final and reckon they will win it by 5-6 points

limerick scored 1-14 from placed balls against Dublin. Once the frees didn't go well yesterday it was curtains. The ould blood and thunder give it a lash Jack style of hurling limerick play is over. Their tactics were a disaster yesterday. I doubt seriously Limerick will be back anytime soon.
Really shows how far wexford and dublin have to go if they couldn't beat that limerick side.

Galwaybhoy

INDIANA

A client of ours is a big limerick GAA man- he said the limerick team were on his train yesterday. Thats hardly good preparation in my view? Might explain a few things.

Kevin

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on August 17, 2009, 09:17:01 AM
Tipp have to be red-hot favourites for the final after that pretty awesome demolition job. Tipp were going at half-pelt, yet still racked up a huge 6-19. Imagine if they had enjoyed a spell of that awesome hurling they showed in patches in earlier championship games.

People will talk up Kilkenny, but lets face it, thats on the back of last year's championship. Tipp are the best team in this year's championship. They have clinically demolished anyone that came before them, while on the other hand Kilkenny have struggled against Galway, Waterford (who Tipp destroyed) and Dublin (who were beaten by that Limerick team). Tipp are the form team. Kilkenny aren't. Kilkenny are a tired, jaded outfit on the decline. The years are taking their toll. The miles have built up and fatigue and apathy have set in.

I repeat, Tipp are red-hot favourites for the all-Ireland. I only hope Kilkenny can give them a bit of a game, for the sake of hurling. Stay with them til half-time at least.

LOL!!! Great one there BT!!!

Sure why would Kilkenny even bother showing up after all they've won, they indeed must be exhausted from walking up the Hogan Stand stairs each September. Beginning to be a bit of a pain in butt...all that ceremonial crap!

Great stuff!!! Hope all is well and best of luck in the final.