Teams you would support outside of your own!!

Started by MadMayo, August 06, 2009, 02:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

From Dublin

In football..... soft spots for Cork (only recently since their CP hidings) and Wicklow. Slowly warming to Kildare.

In Hurling........ Clare and Wexford. As a kid used to like Galway.

heineken_on_tap

From Ros.

I always like to see Leitrim and Sligo doing well. Once outside Connaugh I would roar on Galway and Mayo. I would have alot time for Meath(going back to the 80's) and Donegal. Kildare as well, mainly due to the Dermot Earley connection. In hurling I would mainly watch out for Waterford and Clare.

downredblack

From Down .

Having spent all but the first 5yrs of my life living in Dublin and with 2 little Dubs of my own now  to raise , Dublin would be my second choice team after that I would support all other Ulster Counties . Would also watch for Louth .

Michael Schmeichal

From Dublin

Would support Mayo Footballers mainly because of their excellent support and their eternal optimism. Some year it will really be their yea

Also Offaly Hurlers. Always very skilful and brilliant for getting the most out of what they have.

Used to despise Tyrine for their cynicism though its got to the stage now, where I wish we were a bit more like them
Dislike Kerry because they are probably more cynical than Tyrone but through their media empire they try and portray themselves as the purest of the pure. Also they bet the living shite out of us 4 days ago. :o
Finally Kilkenny hurlers because they win loads but seem to get very little joy out of it.

mackers

From Armagh.........always have had a soft spot for the Dubs, generally found them to be great sports and good to have a bit of banter with. Liked the Meath team in the 90's although I've had a few run-ins with some of their supporters on occasion.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Lazer

From Down:

Would support
Antrim (living in it now)
Derry
Kildare

After that - I would like to see any ulster team (except Tyrone) win against the other provinces
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Rudi

From Ros,

Would like to see any of the 4 other Connacht counties doing well, particularly Leitrim & Mayo.

Outside Connacht have a soft spot for Donegal, Cavan & Louth

Offaly also

Maigheo Abu

Any Connaught team especially Galway. I think they are the real purists despite what Spillane thinks.
Soft spot for Tyrone, class team.
Westmeath
Loved Wicklow's run

The Banner for the small ball.
Where the ocean kisses Ireland and the waves caress it's shores

HowAreYeGettinOn

From Mayo.

Football : any Connaught team, particularly Roscommon. Any county that gives the likes of Naked Pool and Shane 'Cake' Curran to the game deserves to be celebrated. (I forgot to mention them disbanding their own county panel - a moment of quintessential Ros genius. No other county would have the cojones to do it.)

Hurling : Limerick.

Tomorrow is another day

Very proud Down man - proud of our great heritage of beautiful football

Therefore I always enjoy and support teams that play great football. Kerry tops this list. A fantastic place to go and spend time understanding the beautiful game.

Galway playing free flowing fast football have been a joy and Wicklow had and have tremendous individuals playing a lovely style of football.

Strongly dislike Tryone's "anti-football" though this has moderated recently into at times an enjoyable football experience. However too many gravely dislikeable individuals in the team and set up that ruins it for me.

Highlander3

Down man here

Would support most of the weaker counties

Dont like Kerry, Armagh and sometimes Tyrone ( supported both until the won Sam but then the fans came hard to listen to)

Eastern_Pride

From Wicklow

Football: Always liked Meath and Monaghan but i hate Dublin

Hurling: Always liked Clare and Tipperary( a bit strange i know) but I'd support tipp if they were to play each other
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

020304 Tir Eoghain

Galway (missus 020304 from there)
Kerry (always the benchmark)
Down (Few Aunts & Uncles from thataway)

Would usually shout for all the Ulster teams left in the AI series (even Derry & Armagh ;D). Would've like to have seen Antrim to win Ulster this year, even though
they were playing Tyrone ;)
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

Throw ball

From Armagh. Would support any Ulster team when they are outside of Ulster (except Tyrone!) and always enjoyed the Dubs. Would like to see Mayo win this year as their supporters have gone through enough.

Would cheer any team against Tyrone - except Kerry (the experts in ciinical football when Armagh and Tyrone were getting all the blame). Also must admit to having a dislike for Laois since I saw one of their supporters pour water over an eleven year old in 2005 quarter final when he cheered when Stevie scored a goal. That and them telling us dirty British B*****ds to go home. (By the way Pillar was a real gent that day)

In hurling admire Kilkenny but always like to cheer for Tipp.

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: Tomorrow is another day on August 07, 2009, 11:01:46 PM
Very proud Down man - proud of our great heritage of beautiful football

Therefore I always enjoy and support teams that play great football. Kerry tops this list. A fantastic place to go and spend time understanding the beautiful game.

Galway playing free flowing fast football have been a joy and Wicklow had and have tremendous individuals playing a lovely style of football.

Strongly dislike Tryone's "anti-football" though this has moderated recently into at times an enjoyable football experience. However too many gravely dislikeable individuals in the team and set up that ruins it for me.

Dont let Trevor Hill hear ye talking like that ;D
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.