Kerrys 9 subs on monday ........

Started by revsperminute, August 05, 2009, 10:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revsperminute

Below is the Kerry panel, scorers and subs (plus times they came on) that were used on monday in the minor quarter final agaiinst Roscommon. This was printed the same in all the national papers yesterday that reported on the game. It is clear to see that Kerry used 9 subs durning the course of the game and extra time. The rules state that a team may use 5 subs in normal time and 3 subs in extra time. Kerry either used 5 in normal and 4 in extra time or 6 in normal and 3 in extra time.

Whats going to happen with this. With the impact that some of the subs had durning the game and especially in extra time will the GAA push this under the carpet because its a big county like Kerry thats involved?

Kerry - P O'Sullivan; M Galvin, P Galvin, N Fitzgerald; G Gibson (0-1), J Coffey, D Wren; S Carroll (0-1), M Brennan; D Kelly (0-1), J Sherwood, D O'Sullivan (0-2); M Reen (1-1), N O'Shea (1-1, 1pen), E O'Connor (0-4, 2f). Subs - M Griffin for Wren (35), J O'Sullivan (0-1) for Kelly (39), I Galvin (0-1) for Reen (49), K Hurley (1-1) for O'Connor (54), M Thiemann for O'Sullivan (57), P Joy (0-1) for Sherwood (60), J Walsh for Brennan (68), J Sherwood for Griffin (70), E O'Connor for O'Shea (78).

blanketattack

Quote from: revsperminute on August 05, 2009, 10:23:36 AM

Whats going to happen with this. With the impact that some of the subs had durning the game and especially in extra time will the GAA push this under the carpet because its a big county like Kerry thats involved?

You're eating way too many lemons.
Use your brain to come up with a logical explanation.

SLIGONIAN

Ros can feel hard done by, we got points off Kildare in Nfl a few yrs back, I think it kept us up, but not too many of us within the county supported it as the best team won. Id say its up to Ros CB on whether to object and maybe get a replay..i dunno..but a stupid mistake by Kerry all the same with 2mins to go in ET.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Bogball XV

David McKeown

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 05, 2009, 11:00:55 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on August 05, 2009, 10:35:22 AM
blood subs?

That's what I was thinking.

Am i right in thinking that no blood is actually required to introduce a blood sub, just some kind of injury that doesnt need to be proven and the player coming on can continue to be counted as a blood sub for the rest of the match?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

irunthev

I thought a blood sub had to be among the total permitted number of players used in the game. So if what is being said is true and that the total number of subs that can be used in a game that goes into extra time is 8, then if there was a blood sub then that sub has to come from within either that panel of 8 subs or from the original starting 15. That's my understanding of it anyway but I do stand to be corrected. E.g. Johnny the midfielder gets taken off but can be used later as a blood sub, or Jimmy the sub can come as a blood sub and then also come on as a proper sub. However, if the full quota of subs is used and Tommy isn't among them, then Tommy can not come on as a  blood sub. There was a big issue about this in the Championship a few years ago, I think it was Cork who used an extra player. Mind you, with the complexity of the rule book there is probably a sub paragraph somewhere behind the appendix which states that if a player wears one blue lace and one red lace in his boots and has a mother from Doonbeg and a father from Cootehill, then he is actually regarded as a wildcard and can be introduced at any stage of any game

Johnny is a way better footballer than Jimmy by the way and Tommy should just give up and take up knitting or something because he never gets on anyway, even if there was river of blood, they'd stick to the walking wounded rather than put Tommy on, he's the Marty Morrissey of this particular panel.

Rossfan

Isnt it only the Ref who decides that a Blood (or is it a temp) sub is required?
I suspect the cutehoors have been on to him to get his records "right" before he submits his official report.
KCB..." Yerra sure didnt the ref make a T sign and we thought it was for a blood sub"
GAA HQ.."That's alright so , a genuine mistake. Ye need to take more care in future lads"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

We had all this in the Offaly Kildare game a while ago. As far as I recall, the Blood sub does not have to be part of the original 5 for the 70 minute game, so in effect you have 6 substitutions, 5 permanent subs, plus 1 blood sub, but you can't use more than those 6 subs to fill the six roles, i.e. you can't bring on a 7th or 8th lad if you've already used 6 players including one as a blood sub, one of them has to come back on as the next blood sub.

Another confusion is that the person who came off bleeding does not have to replace his substitute. So if X comes off and Y comes on, then X returns to replace Z instead of Y, the net effect is one sub, not two. (Basically Y replaces Z).

David McKeown

Did Cork field 6 subs a few years aback against Limerick in a Munster final and the GAA come out with something along the lines of, although Cork have violated a rule, there is no sanction for this violation and they have therefore been warned as to there future conduct
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AZOffaly

I was looking at this on the rules and it should be the ref alright who initiates blood subs. (At least in the 2007 rules). Interestingly, it also says this....

The following persons are not permitted to act as Water
Carriers/Hurley Carriers;
(i) Bainisteoir
(ii) Maor Foirne or other Selectors
(iii) Cathaoirleach Contae
(iv) Runaí or Nominated Representative
(v) Medical Personnel
(vi) Subsitutes and Injured Players

I wonder was Donaghy named on Monday as a Sub in the Clár. If he was, he might be eligible for a 4 week suspension :D

blanketattack

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 05, 2009, 11:50:45 AM
I was looking at this on the rules and it should be the ref alright who initiates blood subs. (At least in the 2007 rules). Interestingly, it also says this....

The following persons are not permitted to act as Water
Carriers/Hurley Carriers;
(i) Bainisteoir
(ii) Maor Foirne or other Selectors
(iii) Cathaoirleach Contae
(iv) Runaí or Nominated Representative
(v) Medical Personnel
(vi) Subsitutes and Injured Players

I wonder was Donaghy named on Monday as a Sub in the Clár. If he was, he might be eligible for a 4 week suspension :D

Donaghy didn't fill any of those categories.
He wasn't a substitute or an injured player (by injured player they mean a player who took part in the game in question and came off injured)

AZOffaly

Was he not a named Substitute? He had his jersey on under the bib, and Spillane said he'd not be surprised if Donaghy got a run if things were going badly. I think it would be an absolutely criminal act to suspend him if he was, but I thought it was funny some of the things that are in our rules. I certainly didn't know that.

cornafean

Quote from: blanketattack on August 05, 2009, 12:09:13 PM
He wasn't a substitute or an injured player (by injured player they mean a player who took part in the game in question and came off injured)

Fergal Logan will no doubt argue differently  ;D ;D ;D
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Doohicky

Even if Kerry did use too many subs nothing will happen.

Sure Dublin played with an extra man in the '95 final for a fair old time and there was nothing done about it. This is no worse than that.