If we were to rank the top teams who would be the best 12 in order?

Started by Eastern_Pride, August 04, 2009, 03:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idontbelieveit

Best 4 Teams...
1)Tyrone
2)Cork
3)Kerry
4)Mayo

4 Most Overrated teams...
1)Dublin
2)Galway
3)Down
4)Armagh (At the start of the year)

4 Most under-rated teams
1) Kildare
2)Antrim
3)Wicklow
4)Limerick

4 Teams who under-perform...
1) Down
2) Derry
3) Laois
4) Galway

GalwayBayBoy

Tyrone, Kerry, Cork in no particular order

Everyone else...in no particular order as most of them can beat each other on any given day.

Bogball XV

Quote from: ludermor on August 04, 2009, 05:19:49 PM
How are some people ranking kildare ranked so high? They have put together a couple of decent performances but i cannot see how they can be ranked anywhere near 4th as some people have them.

exactly, they've come on leaps and bounds, but Wicklow could have caught them again this year.  I think they're a fair bit off the top 2/3 and I wouldn't particularly fancy them against most of the mid ranked, Derry, Galway, Armagh, Monaghan etc,

Sandy Hill

Quote from: idontbelieveit on August 04, 2009, 05:24:47 PM
Best 4 Teams...
1)Tyrone
2)Cork
3)Kerry
4)Mayo

4 Most Overrated teams...
1)Dublin
2)Galway
3)Down
4)Armagh (At the start of the year)

4 Most under-rated teams
1) Kildare
2)Antrim
3)Wicklow
4)Limerick

4 Teams who under-perform...
1) Down
2) Derry
3) Laois
4) Galway

Not by us Armagh ones; we knew we had problems.
"Stercus accidit"

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: orangeman on August 04, 2009, 05:13:56 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 04, 2009, 04:56:21 PM
Hard to grade teams from 1-12 so i have grouped teams.....

Have been consistently there the last couple of years
Kerry
Cork
Tyrone
Dublin  Mayo has as much right to be here or more than Dublin, for Gods sake we always get further than them and even beat them 3 years ago.

Can beat anyone on the big day....but fall short near end of championship

Mayo
Derry
Kildare
Galway (have not beaten anyone outside of Connacht since 2001....i think)

Up and down, unpredictable can cause an upset!

Donegal
Monaghan
Meath (no leinster since 2001)
Armagh

Could make breakthrough

Antrim
Wicklow
Sligo
Limerick

Fading fast

Laois
Westmeath
Down
Fermanagh

Fair enough assessment.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 04, 2009, 05:31:09 PM
How are some people ranking kildare ranked so high? They have put together a couple of decent performances but i cannot see how they can be ranked anywhere near 4th as some people have them.

exactly, they've come on leaps and bounds, (/b)but Wicklow could have caught them again this year(/b).  I think they're a fair bit off the top 2/3 and I wouldn't particularly fancy them against most of the mid ranked, Derry, Galway, Armagh, Monaghan etc,
IMHO should have caught them...
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Bogball XV

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 04, 2009, 05:48:06 PM

exactly, they've come on leaps and bounds, (/b)but Wicklow could have caught them again this year(/b).  I think they're a fair bit off the top 2/3 and I wouldn't particularly fancy them against most of the mid ranked, Derry, Galway, Armagh, Monaghan etc,
maybe some fresh legs would have sufficed

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 04, 2009, 05:54:09 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 04, 2009, 05:48:06 PM

maybe some fresh legs would have sufficed
If you've seen our bench you would disagree...The best 15 were made to be uberfit because Micko knew the bench could not compete....the reason jamie stafford wasn't replaced 18 minutes in after being clattered
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

agorm

My opinion based on games to date...

1. Cork
2. Kerry
3. Tyrone
4. Dublin
5. Kildare
6. Meath
7. Mayo
8. Limerick
9. Monaghan
10.Derry
11.Galway
12. Armagh

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 04, 2009, 05:27:33 PM

Everyone else...in no particular order as most of them can beat each other on any given day.

He's right Ted.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

agorm

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on September 04, 2009, 12:24:43 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 04, 2009, 05:27:33 PM

Dont agree with that statement, Cork have proven themselves to be well ahead of Tyrone (even with 14 men). At this moment, I would say Cork and Kerry are out ahead with Tyrone leading the chasing pack and with the best chance of catching them in the near term.

He's right Ted.

Bogball XV

Quote from: agorm on September 03, 2009, 10:31:40 PM

1. Cork
2. Kerry
3. Tyrone
4. Dublin
5. Kildare
6. Meath
7. Mayo
8. Limerick
9. Monaghan
10.Derry
11.Galway
12. Armagh
i know these are stupid and subjective etc, but given that in your own words these rankings are based on games to date, how could you possibly put monaghan above derry??  (and i won't even mention the high rankings attributed to the triumvirate of meath, mayo and limerick, although at least limerick did give the champions elect a game).

Schkite

Quote from: Bogball XV on September 04, 2009, 10:46:02 PM

1. Cork
2. Kerry
3. Tyrone
4. Dublin
5. Kildare
6. Meath
7. Mayo
8. Limerick
9. Monaghan
10.Derry
11.Galway
12. Armagh
i know these are stupid and subjective etc, but given that in your own words these rankings are based on games to date, how could you possibly put monaghan above derry??  (and i won't even mention the high rankings attributed to the triumvirate of meath, mayo and limerick, although at least limerick did give the champions elect a game).

Monaghan are the only team the year to beat the champions elect  ;)

Derry would be above Monaghan based on this year alright(hard to argue with 2 for 2), but sure isn't it all very subjective as you say. We could argue all day about it. Still, the rankings mean fcuk all really after the top few, fair bit of a gap after that.

agorm

1. Cork
2. Kerry
3. Tyrone
4. Dublin
5. Kildare
6. Meath
7. Mayo
8. Limerick
9. Monaghan
10.Derry
11.Galway
12. Armagh

Point taken re Monaghan /Derry, I probably absed Monaghan ahead on some previous performances over the last year or two.

I wouldnty agree with you ref Meath, Mayo & Limerick - Meath after all were All-Ireland Semi Finalists & came within 4 points of Kerry, Mayo are Connacht champs. I would say that Meath or Mayo would beat any teams below them in the rankings I have given.

agorm

Quote from: agorm on September 05, 2009, 03:39:09 PM

1. Cork
2. Kerry
3. Tyrone
4. Dublin
5. Kildare
6. Meath
7. Mayo
8. Limerick
9. Monaghan
10.Derry
11.Galway
12. Armagh

Point taken re Monaghan /Derry, I probably put Monaghan ahead on some previous performances over the last year or two.

I wouldnty agree with you ref Meath, Mayo & Limerick - Meath after all were All-Ireland Semi Finalists & came within 4 points of Kerry, Mayo are Connacht champs. I would say that Meath or Mayo would beat any teams below them in the rankings I have given.