AISF Aug 23rd Tyrone v Cork

Started by cadhlancian, August 02, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Irish News must have seen a different game.

Ogie84

Interesting to read the Irish news ratings of the Cork players, a different perspective to what I've been reading elsewhere but I'd say slightly more objective too in some parts.
A few things I wouldn't agree with though, stated that Pearse O'Neill didn't register on the scoreboard when he did, and if Paddy Kelly was only rating 6.5 I'd love to see what kind of performance merits a 8 or 9 rating, he was outstanding for us yesterday.

Will watch the game again over the next few days. Cork can still improve in areas. We were clearly playing on the edge yesterday, but I think we had to do that once we were harshlydown to 14 men. Continuing to play the way were were for the first 25 minutes would have been suicidal against a side of Tyrones quality. We had a lead and we had to defend it. We'd lost too many semi finals in the recent past, letting another one slip wasn't an option.

na cleirigh

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 24, 2009, 12:45:25 PM
That's twice now I've seen the line "Player of the Decade".

Let it go.

Let it go.
If you have nothing nice to type, type it anyway but be prepared for the on slaught

SidelineKick

Quote from: na cleirigh on August 24, 2009, 12:49:51 PM

Let it go.

Let it go.

:D steal a fellow's joke will you?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

INDIANA

Quote from: Ogie84 on August 24, 2009, 12:49:39 PM
Interesting to read the Irish news ratings of the Cork players, a different perspective to what I've been reading elsewhere but I'd say slightly more objective too in some parts.
A few things I wouldn't agree with though, stated that Pearse O'Neill didn't register on the scoreboard when he did, and if Paddy Kelly was only rating 6.5 I'd love to see what kind of performance merits a 8 or 9 rating, he was outstanding for us yesterday.

Will watch the game again over the next few days. Cork can still improve in areas. We were clearly playing on the edge yesterday, but I think we had to do that once we were harshlydown to 14 men. Continuing to play the way were were for the first 25 minutes would have been suicidal against a side of Tyrones quality. We had a lead and we had to defend it. We'd lost too many semi finals in the recent past, letting another one slip wasn't an option.

Paddy Kelly was my man of the match yesterday. Terrific player- never realised he was that good. should be 9/10 in those ratings. Some of the tyrone ratings are beyond hilarious. Tyrone averaged 4.5 to 5 yesterday in my view. With maybe penrose and mulligan a 6 and o  neill 7.

na cleirigh

If you have nothing nice to type, type it anyway but be prepared for the on slaught

full back

IN probably trying not to kick a team when they are down

Would question the ratings of Quinn, Harte, Tommy Mc & Dooher

loughshore lad

Quote from: rrhf on August 24, 2009, 12:36:06 PM
As for the future, I hope Harte sticks at it for at least another year, yes he makes mistakes but his sensational  successes outweigh them na d is still one of the best managers ever

Mickey will definitely be there, he was reappointed last year or the year before for another 3 year term and I also heard him on RTE radio 1 yesterday evening alluding to next year.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 24, 2009, 12:58:12 PM
Irish news ratings are completely off the mark if you ask me with the majority of players.  Pearse Oneill clearly fisted a point in the first half, could have actually went for goal but the Irish news doesnt seem to think so  :D

What f**king game was the person who was doing the match rating watching??? Useless as tits on a bull.
fully agree.
But those media types dont have a fecking clue.
When you have commentators and co commentators who dont know the rules, then you have fellas writing about the game who also dont know the rules or are bizzare in their comments/observations and most of all their ratings- you realise that the normal public know more than some of these so called professional pundits.
they drive me up the wall.

Zulu

QuoteWould agree with Lynchbhoy, I believe in peaking.

Peaking is a myth, especially in team sports.

clarshack

Quote from: mick999 on August 24, 2009, 11:55:01 AM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 24, 2009, 11:48:36 AM
Can anyone post the players ratings from the Irish news?

PJ Quinn: Was unlucky when he made an excellent block from Colm O'Neill, only for Goulding to finish to the net. Made a number of good blocks and interceptions. One of Tyrone's better defenders. 6

what game was he watching?

no harm intended but after this season i'm not sure if p.j. quinn is up to this level. however he is not the only one in the squad.

Zulu

QuoteCork as one or two on here have been saying (zulu and myself at least) since he start of the season

No surprise there LB we're the only two who anything about football around here! :D

JMohan

There is obviously some kind of 'peaking' in my mind.

But I think it would be a good idea to define it first in case we're talking about different things.

tyroneman

See ger houlihan putting the boot in via the belfast tele. Saying Tyrone merely a good team as only great ones retain sam.

Zulu

No I don't think there is a peak fitness for a player, if you think about it how can you define it? I mean if you told me that a guy was at peak fitness what would that mean, he can't jump any higher or run any faster? How do you know he can't? Now tell me how a coach is supposed to get 30 men of different, heights, weights, physical abilities, attitudes and jobs/lifestyles to peak simultaneously while doing (more or less) the same training at some designated time in the future, that they may never reach (i.e. an AI final, when you could be knocked out at the QF stage)?