More Double Standards from Irish Republicans

Started by Evil Genius, July 14, 2009, 02:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Evil Genius on July 14, 2009, 03:20:53 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 14, 2009, 03:10:17 PM
EG what is your problem with people who want a United Ireland? ffs.
Er, you've answered* your own question!  :D

* - They are "people who want a United Ireland", in case you still don't get it... ::)

You clearly have...       ... [an] agenda against Republicans.
Must be something to do with being a Unionist. ;)

Oh and btw, if you're not sure what a "Unionist" is, there are around a million Unionists to the North and East of Sligo; I daresay if there ever should be a United Ireland, you'll have to get plenty used to us then, so why not make an early start?

You had to be. The most bitter and evil races of people on the planet. Makes sense now the rubbish you come out with. You know i class myself Irish Republican but I dont class my RC. I believe more in Buddhaism than RC beliefs. Some people take Religion too seriously, ffs has anyone in there life experience come across any proof to back up anythng we were told from birth. i guess what im saying I dont give a feck that yer protestants.

If Unionists are so loyal to the UK why dont ye f**k off back where ye came from across the water if ye dont like it herer? The invisible border 30 miles North of me i do not recognise or ackonowledge it. Ye were never wanted here and im sick of us having to facilitate ye. We'd have way more peace if ye werent here. All ye do is cause trouble and heartache.

The last thing I would do is go on a OO discussion forum btw, what the point you being on here EG? You a GAA fan or just a bitter evil trouble maker ;) like most of your kind?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Chrisowc

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 15, 2009, 05:21:29 AM

* - They are "people who want a United Ireland", in case you still don't get it... ::)

Oh and btw, if you're not sure what a "Unionist" is, there are around a million Unionists to the North and East of Sligo; I daresay if there ever should be a United Ireland, you'll have to get plenty used to us then, so why not make an early start?

You had to be. The most bitter and evil races of people on the planet. Makes sense now the rubbish you come out with. You know i class myself Irish Republican but I dont class my RC. I believe more in Buddhaism than RC beliefs. Some people take Religion too seriously, ffs has anyone in there life experience come across any proof to back up anythng we were told from birth. i guess what im saying I dont give a feck that yer protestants.

If Unionists are so loyal to the UK why dont ye f**k off back where ye came from across the water if ye dont like it herer? The invisible border 30 miles North of me i do not recognise or ackonowledge it. Ye were never wanted here and im sick of us having to facilitate ye. We'd have way more peace if ye werent here. All ye do is cause trouble and heartache.

The last thing I would do is go on a OO discussion forum btw, what the point you being on here EG? You a GAA fan or just a bitter evil trouble maker ;) like most of your kind?

Big night?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Chrisowc on July 15, 2009, 06:23:50 AM

Big night?

No.

Roger

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 15, 2009, 07:39:39 AM

Big night?

No.
Is threre any excuse for your post?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Roger on July 15, 2009, 09:00:38 AM

Big night?

No.

Is there any excuse for this thread?

Billys Boots

QuoteI for one don't believe that anyones faith should prevent them from holding any non religious post, but thats just me.

Nope heganboy, me too.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 15, 2009, 09:16:47 AM

Big night?

No.

I'd agree with you sligonian, while there are a couple of unionist fellas on here that are decent enough (though I always wonder why they have to chip in to back up or save evil guttersnipes bacon) there are a couple that just want to chip away at matters that might actuall concen one person in every 10000 - they are here in a twisted bitter way and its sad to see the hatred gushing out of them , its the rat in the corner mentality and we will see more of this bitterness as the re-united Ireland draws ever closer.
Its not completely their fault, its what was induced into them form an early age.

I'd agree with Billy et al - anyone of any faith should be capable of the highest office in Ireland, I'd actually bet that if someone of a non christian faith did get elected , they would not be stopped from taking office and the oath would at least be temporarily be done away with. Thats how our country is (north and south) we bend the rules and kind of make it up as we go along - the unionists have done so for years and in latter times our Dail representatives and financial bodies have done the same !

Billys Boots

Not directly related, but an interesting press release from a few days ago ...

Count Me Out (http://www.countmeout.ie), a web campaign providing information on how to leave the Catholic church, was officially launched this week.

Countmeout.ie provides an online service for those who wish to formally defect from the Catholic church, perhaps in response to the scandals revealed in the Ryan Report or to protest against the close relationship between church and state in Ireland. It offers a fast and simple three-step process which generates all the forms necessary in order to formally defect from the Catholic church. Alternatively, an individual can automatically mail a message of protest to their diocese of birth.

The creators of Countmeout.ie set up the site in the wake of the publication of the Ryan Report. Wishing to make a direct response to its findings, they discovered a lack of clear, concise information on how one goes about leaving the Catholic church. Countmeout.ie not only allows individuals to register their protest, it includes information on how the process works, why someone might wish to defect, a gallery of responses that have already been received from the church and a comprehensive FAQ that addresses many of the common concerns people have when considering a defection.

"We hope the website will encourage people to re-evaluate their position in relation to the Catholic church", said campaign co-ordinator Paul Dunbar. "There are many so-called 'lapsed' Catholics as well as agnostics and atheists in Ireland but the the church continues to count them as members. Formally defecting will mean the church can no longer use their large membership to justify continued involvement in the provision of education and health services. People might also like to consider it a strong, unambiguous way of reacting to the appalling findings of the Ryan Report".

For further information see www.countmeout.ie.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 15, 2009, 09:57:21 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 15, 2009, 09:16:47 AM

Big night?

No.

I'd agree with you sligonian, while there are a couple of unionist fellas on here that are decent enough (though I always wonder why they have to chip in to back up or save evil guttersnipes bacon) there are a couple that just want to chip away at matters that might actuall concen one person in every 10000 - they are here in a twisted bitter way and its sad to see the hatred gushing out of them , its the rat in the corner mentality and we will see more of this bitterness as the re-united Ireland draws ever closer.
Its not completely their fault, its what was induced into them form an early age.

I'd agree with Billy et al - anyone of any faith should be capable of the highest office in Ireland, I'd actually bet that if someone of a non christian faith did get elected , they would not be stopped from taking office and the oath would at least be temporarily be done away with. Thats how our country is (north and south) we bend the rules and kind of make it up as we go along - the unionists have done so for years and in latter times our Dail representatives and financial bodies have done the same !

There is only so much I can take though, every 2nd thread by Gnevin is a bitter dig at Republicans, some cheek on GAA forum, why should I take take take. Im just giving a bite back, but ya there brainwashed as kids and are just robots now fulfilling there parents hand me down words and ethics. You know for peace sake it takes the few that can get past the habitual brainwashing from generation to generation to change our society. I can just about tolerate most things Unionism (free will) but there is a line, ie coming on here inciting Republicans and oo marches which is just more bitterness and incitement.

I agree on the religion thing a joke that people of different religions can go as far in some professions because of an oath swear in. But what does that have to do with Republicans.

nifan

Quotebut ya there brainwashed as kids

do you really believe that unionist kids are brainwashed anymore than republican kids? All kids will be heavily influenced by their upbringing obviously.

Roger

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 15, 2009, 10:14:28 AM
some cheek on GAA forum
If the GAA is not open to all then it would indeed be some cheek for people to air different views on matters even if it is in the non-GAA section.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: nifan on July 15, 2009, 10:17:37 AM

do you really believe that unionist kids are brainwashed anymore than republican kids? All kids will be heavily influenced by their upbringing obviously.

No but what Im getting at is the bitterness and Incitement seems worse on the unionism side and I think its been passed on from generation. I would say that to on the Republican side too to alot lesser extent. I wasnt brought up one but have my own views btw.

Quote from: Roger on July 15, 2009, 11:05:07 AM
some cheek on GAA forum
If the GAA is not open to all then it would indeed be some cheek for people to air different views on matters even if it is in the non-GAA section.

Well roger, the GAA is not open to incitement or bitterness like threads like this IMO. Can you see the bitterness on EGs part or are you blind to it? Infairness his incitement worked because I reacted and I just think itd better off not coming on here just piss off Republicans.

Roger

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 15, 2009, 11:15:20 AM
Well roger, the GAA is not open to incitement or bitterness like threads like this IMO. Can you see the bitterness on EGs part or are you blind to it? Infairness his incitement worked because I reacted and I just think itd better off not coming on here just piss off Republicans.
This board has many threads that criticise Political viewpoints.
Your response and personal views were displayed clearly.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 15, 2009, 11:15:20 AM
Quote from: nifan on July 15, 2009, 10:17:37 AM

No but what Im getting at is the bitterness and Incitement seems worse on the unionism side and I think its been passed on from generation. I would say that to on the Republican side too to alot lesser extent. I wasnt brought up one but have my own views btw.

Quote from: Roger on July 15, 2009, 11:05:07 AM
some cheek on GAA forum

the same level of bitterness is not forthcoming from republicans or indeed nationalists
it always seems to be the unionist/loyalists (and the 'MODERATES' at that !) who are always starting out the spouting of venom.
The republicans and indeed nationalist side have their own idiots round the place, but these are the few nutcases that no one pays any attention to - However the unionist/loyalist side seems to have every second one throwng out anti Irish , anti Irish language, anti GAA, anti everything that isnt part of the status quo that has remiined in the cess pit thatcaused 35 years of violence.

I know there are a lot of progressive unionists that want to embrace the coming change, and theres prob one or two on here  - but there are so many bitter unionist/loyalists that want to keep what once was and want to stay in the past !
Do they not see that the majority of people on this island dont give a fiddlers about marches and triumphalism , that all that stuff is in the past and all just want to live in thepresent and create a democratic level equal society for the future (economics our only other obstacle apart from the dinosaur mentality of some).
Its hard to fathom the mindset of these jurassic lovers!

nifan

QuoteNo but what Im getting at is the bitterness and Incitement seems worse on the unionism side and I think its been passed on from generation. I would say that to on the Republican side too to alot lesser extent.

Theres plenty of anti british (and anythign even vaguely associated) sentiment about there, i dont know how you can compare who is worse. How do you compare?