Sinn Fein vs Sieg Heil - Spot the Difference

Started by Evil Genius, July 09, 2009, 02:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

The brit's lecturing on declared wars, funny.   ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

MW

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 23, 2009, 11:57:19 PM
Quote from: MW on July 23, 2009, 11:55:28 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 23, 2009, 12:17:11 AM
QuoteThe government and judiciary were from Ireland.

The government and judiciary were anything but irish.

Why would it be ok for a french man to pick up a gun to defend his country from a foreign occupier but it's not ok for Joe Cahill to do the same?

Constable Patrick Murphy - "foreign occupier"?

Yes.

Very interesting. An Irishman who joins the police becomes a "foreigner" and an "occupier".

I'm guessing you see the officers of the PSNI in the same light too.

MW

pintsofguinness

Quote from: MW on July 24, 2009, 12:06:00 AM

Why would it be ok for a french man to pick up a gun to defend his country from a foreign occupier but it's not ok for Joe Cahill to do the same?

Yes.

Very interesting. An Irishman who joins the police becomes a "foreigner" and an "occupier".

instruments of foreign occupation, yup

Quote from: MW on July 24, 2009, 12:06:22 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 24, 2009, 12:03:30 AM

Where?
you

MW

Quote from: hardstation on July 23, 2009, 11:59:24 PM
+1 for the yes brigade.

Ah, you've reappeared (with another inane comment).

Care to provider an answer to this?

Quote from: MW on July 22, 2009, 11:34:27 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 22, 2009, 11:29:06 PM
They really are the people.

Who are "they"?

And what do you mean by "the people"?

MW

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 24, 2009, 12:07:12 AM
Quote from: MW on July 24, 2009, 12:06:00 AM

Yes.

instruments of foreign occupation, yup

Quote from: MW on July 24, 2009, 12:06:22 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 24, 2009, 12:03:30 AM

Where?
you

So you actually did mean it in the singular.

First of all, I don't regard it as acceptable discourse to be referred to as "the Brit".

And second, I'm not "lecturing on declared war" - I've simply pointed out there's international law and convention that deals with it.

Not that anyone's comment on the fact that there is international law relating to declared war is any less valid or relevant because they happen to be British - that would simply be base prejudice.

pintsofguinness

I dont give a shite what law says what, if a country is invaded then the people of that country have every right to pick up a gun and fight the invaders.  They have done it all over the world down the centuries.  They have every right to do it in Ireland too. 

MW

Quote from: hardstation on July 24, 2009, 12:11:12 AM
We are the people

Surely you have heard it before. Stop pretending you haven't.
When we do it, it's ok. We are the people.

I'm not pretending I haven't heard it.

I'm simply wondering how a Protestant/loyalist slogan relates to me pointing out that under all international law and conventions, the servicemen of the First World War were not "murderers" as you tried to suggest.

Unless you think that all the sovereign states who are signed up to the Geneva Conventions, (not to mention many millions, very probably billions, of people around the world) are evil Prods?

Ask yourself why you made that comment. Then perhaps you could tell me?

longrunsthefox

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 24, 2009, 12:16:22 AM
I dont give a shite what law says what, if a country is invaded then the people of that country have every right to pick up a gun and fight the invaders.  They have done it all over the world down the centuries.  They have every right to do it in Ireland too. 

Jees! pints are you carrying the fight to the invaders? or do you mean someone else?

MW

"Fight" the "invaders" appears to mean a lot of slaughtering Irish people in cold blood.

I'm well aware that I'm discussing this with someone who thinks the RIRA and CIRA actually have a "right" to carry on their murder campaigns today - this "invasion" is sill happening in the present day in that extremist worldview.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 24, 2009, 12:22:05 AM

Jees! pints are you carrying the fight to the invaders? or do you mean someone else?
Dont follow?

Quote from: MW on July 24, 2009, 12:24:12 AM

"Fight" the "invaders" appears to mean a lot of slaughtering Irish people in cold blood.

I'm well aware that I'm discussing this with someone who thinks the RIRA and CIRA actually have a "right" to carry on their murder campaigns today - this "invasion" is sill happening in the present day in that extremist worldview.
You cant invade countries and expect people not to fight back.

MW

Quote from: hardstation on July 24, 2009, 12:23:35 AM
They are murderers, as much as any man who lifts gun to kill people. Due to them 'being allowed' to do this, they really must be the people.

Why do you apply a Protestant/loyalist slogan to every serviceman who's fought in their state's armed forces in a declared war? ???

And no, they are not murderers - you should try to learn that "murder" and "killing" do not mean the same thing.

Murder is a matter of law, a specific crime, and there is no legal definition of murder that would include anything like Soldier A from the Republic of X shooting dead Soldier B from the Kingdom of Y, on the battlefield after X and Y had declared war on each other.

MW

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 24, 2009, 12:27:14 AM

Dont follow?

Yeeesss...so tell me, when was Northern Ireland invaded?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: MW on July 24, 2009, 12:32:10 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 24, 2009, 12:27:14 AM

Dont follow?

Yeeesss...so tell me, when was Northern Ireland invaded?
about 800 years ago with the rest of Irleand

longrunsthefox

What I mean pints is t is just usually people who eulogise most about fighting the invaders really mean someone other than themselves do it... you mean you are on for fighting the invaders or think others should do it?