GAABoard Fantasy NFL - Superbowl V - Champion Crowned

Started by AZOffaly, July 06, 2009, 12:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Some scoring by Ballyhaise not to make the playoffs.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Galwaybhoy

And with less than a quarter remaining for the last player left in my team I concede defeat to Jack Jack City.  Congrats on making the final.  My lowest score of the season in the most important game of the season, I'm disappointed that my team didn't put up a better performance.  I wish I could blame my teams shocking performance on Manning and Wayne being hauled off with the result of their game left in the balance but to be honest even if they were left on my other players just didn't perform to there best.

Oh well its been a massive improvement upon my other two seasons.  Good luck to both teams who make the final.

BallyhaiseMan

ive hammered Bombidal 3 times this season.
He needs to just quit playing fantasy while hes ahead  ;)
Playing Minders Nuggets tonight,

mc_grens

Woohoo! ;D

a VERY close win in a hard fought battle last night between myself and the Hitmen. I'd just like to thank Jay Feeley for the last 14 points I needed from him in the night game. I'd also like to thank all coaches who pulled their starters yesterday- Brad Childress, Wade Phillips, Mike McCarthy especially.

I'd also like to thank the Indianapolis Colts and Steven Jackson's Herniated Disk, without whom I wouldve lost the Semi!

Jammed it a bit in the end after a great start, but enjoyed this years league very much. Thanks AZ!

mc_grens

Quote from: mc_grens on January 04, 2010, 09:41:36 AM
Woohoo! ;D

a VERY close win in a hard fought battle last night between myself and the Hitmen. I'd just like to thank Jay Feeley for the last 14 points I needed from him in the night game. I'd also like to thank all coaches who pulled their starters yesterday- Brad Childress, Wade Phillips, Mike McCarthy especially.

I'd also like to thank the Indianapolis Colts and Steven Jackson's Herniated Disk, without whom I wouldve lost the Semi!

Jammed it a bit in the end after a great start, but enjoyed this years league very much. Thanks AZ!

Aaarrrrgggghhhhh!

Stats adjustment! Fek it anyway.

Thank God I went with the "I was Jammy" angle instead of doing a Bombidal on it.

On due reflection Id now like to thank stupid Donovan McNabb for f**king up my team last night. Even Matt Forte got into double figures!!!

declan85

My Clowns lost the Montana final to the Jets :'( :'(

Result:
Smackdown Clowns 98.61 Final
New York Jets III 142.07

I was gutted with players being rested. Lost starting QB, WR & 3RBs to resting...
Still, well done to the Jets III / ceiphas50...

Rossie11

Might be an idea for next year to have a look at amending our schedule so our final coincides with the 2nd last week of the season.
It should (in theory) reduce the effects on our league of teams resting players.

Well done to Ceiphas50. Keeps the conference title west of the shannon..

AZOffaly

For the Superbowl lads, can the managers of the two conference champions (New York Jets III and Crossmaglen Hitmen) please send me your picks for the playoff games. You'll get 2 points for the correct winning team, and a bonus 3 points if you get the margin of victory right. Beware though, an incorrect pick will be minus two points. All predictions are for end of game (i.e. Overtime Counts, no ties).

For example, if you say the Packers will beat the Cardinals by 10, and they beat them by 7, you will get two points.

If they beat them by 7, you will get 5 points.

If the Cards win by any margin you will get minus two points.

Please PM me your picks before the first playoff game of the weekend. Any games not picked will automatically mean minus two points. Best of Luck...

The  Wildcard Weekend is:

Saturday January 9th

AFC Wildcard Game #1

New York Jets @ Cincinatti Bengals 9.30 PM Irish Time

NFC Wildcard Game #1

Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys 1.00 AM Irish Time

Sunday January 10th

AFC Wildcard Game #2

Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots 6.00 PM Irish Time

NFC Wildcard Game #2

Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals 9.40 PM Irish Time

declan85

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 04, 2010, 04:33:37 PM

For example, if you say the Packers will beat the Cardinals by 10, you will be automatically disqualified and banned from next years league :D :D :D

ceiphas50

Delighted to take the conference title back to Mayo!  ;D   Ill PM you on my picks later on in the week Az for the superbowl.... Anyway here's my review of the fantasy season

Best Draft Pick:Chris Johnson (1)
Honourable Mentions: Dallas Clark (6)  DeSean Jackson (9)

Worst Draft Pick TO (3)
Honourable Mentions: Derrick Ward (5) Eddie Royal (7)

Best Pickup Matt Schaub
Honourable Mentions: 49ers/Denver D, MSW,Charles Woodson

Worst Pickup: Darren McFadden(twice :-[)
Honourable Mentions: Larry Johnson, Sammy Morris

Worst Drop: Big Ben(who knew the Steelers were a passing Team)

Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

BallyhaiseMan

Best Draft Pick: Chris Johnson
Honourable Mentions: Percy Harvin  DeSean Jackson, Ray Rice,

Worst Draft Pick Steve Slaton(draft bust)
Honourable Mentions: None come even remotely close to him,who i picked up in round 2.

Best Pickup Brent Celek(in trade)
Honourable Mentions: 49ers D,Tom Brady

I hate You Slaton  >:(

mc_grens

Best Draft Pick: Andre Johnson
Honourable Mentions: Donald Driver, Roddy White.

Worst Draft Pick: Matt Forte (4th Overall pick! Even worse than Slaton!)
Honourable Mentions: Derrick Ward ( Ray Rice was still on the board and I thought I could wait one more round for him), Kevin Smith.

Best Pickup: Steve Smith (NYG) as a Free Agent
Honourable Mentions: Mike Bell, Jermichael Finley, Jerome Harrison (Although I subsequently had to drop him- the week before he went off!)

DrinkingHarp

Well I thought mc_grens, aka JACK JACK CITY, had me with his place kicker and the Jets running alll over the Bungals.
Low and behold when I checked tonight the stats where updated to give the HITMEN and a well scrambled lineup the championship. The 17th week championship makes it tough on all teams in the Fantasy league to put up a respectable lineup with teams pulling out their starters for the playoffs.

Hats off to mc_green for a fantastic season but just missing out.

That being said, I want to thank the Lord Jesus Christ for lifting the Hitmen to the championship also my assistant coaches, GM, support staff and the owners, Harp Lager, for letting the management run this team as we saw fit. We will reach for the stars and try for a repeat next season.

Here is a statement from the fans..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSTivVclQQ0

AZ, I will get my picks in later this week.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

declan85

These acceptance speeches are no fun. I want the old champ back... :D :D

bombidal

I shall be releasing a statement later in the week
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***