GAABoard Fantasy NFL - Superbowl V - Champion Crowned

Started by AZOffaly, July 06, 2009, 12:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Claw

Hi guys.
I realise we can't suit everyone but I'll just make it known that i'd like the draft to be on the weekend. I cant' access the website at work (I dunno how you guys do it in work anyway - it takes a good while!!!) so I won't be able to access the draft.

I don't expect the draft to be changed but i'm just letting it be known that I would prefer it to be changed.

mc_grens

Changes are great.

I'll go put myself in Payton now...

I'll also withdraw from Montana.

GalwayBayBoy

Eastern_Pride

How does this work, big into Nfl and the like
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

AZOffaly

It's easy enough Eastern Pride. If you like the NFL, it's for you. Go to the yahoo.com and register an account there, then go to the Fantasy Football '09, make sure you pick the free version. Select Join an Existing League and put in the code for the Montana Conference (357481) and the password (cardinals).

You can read away in there about the rules etc, but in general ...

A draft will take place on Friday coming, and you will select players online with all the other managers in the league. You must select a certain quota of QBs, RBs, WRs etc etc.

Each week you will then pick an active team from your roster, 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2WRs 1TE etc and you will gather points for the week based on how they do in real life. (4 points for a TD pass, 6 for a rushing TD, -2 for a fumble or INT etc etc etc)

Each week you are playing against another manager in the league, and the top 4 teams go into 'conference' semi finals and finals.

The reason why I call it conferences, is because we have too many for 1 Fantasy league, so we have to run 2. Hence the Montana and Payton conferences.

When the fantasy league season is over in week 17, the winners of the 2 conferences progress to a Playoffs prediction competition to determine the overall GAA Board Superbowl champion, currently held by Bombidal.

Join up though, it's good craic and good aul' interest.

AZOffaly

We need 1 more for Montana, or else the draft will have to be postponed. You can't have odd numbers for a head to head league.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 19, 2009, 02:49:27 PM
We need 1 more for Montana, or else the draft will have to be postponed. You can't have odd numbers for a head to head league.
I just joined there, if that helps.

declan85

If worst comes to worst the champ could field a team in the Montana conference as well.
This would also eliminate the need for the predictions at the end of the season as he would probably win both conferences :D :D :D

GalwayBayBoy

Two people joined so we have one too many now in Montana.

Eastern_Pride

GalwayBayBoy

Think it was Wicklow Warriors and New Jork Jets III that joined today. Not sure in what order. I imagine someone will have to drop out or else we will have a 14 team conference and a 12 team one and the 12 team one will have stronger squads due to having 2 less players.

AZOffaly

Hi Lads,

Can Wicklow Warriors leave Montana league and join Payton. (357492)? Someone left Payton.

Cheers

declan85

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 19, 2009, 03:45:11 PM
Hi Lads,

Can Wicklow Warriors leave Montana league and join Payton. (357492)? Someone left Payton.

Cheers

That was probably the Jets III, they were swopping with mc_grens in the montana but took their time in moving...

Eastern_Pride

AZOffaly

Good stuff. We are all set now. 12 in each. A good turnout, but down 4 since last year :( Anyhow, Montana drafts on Friday, so please make sure you test your system (use the link on the league page) or pre-rank your players if you can't/won't make it.