Bradley quits Derry county panel

Started by GrandMasterFlash, July 06, 2009, 11:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on July 09, 2009, 02:16:25 PM
Yawn! I've a pain in my face listening to you..

Derry bullied Tyrone off the park in 05 I think it was. There was probably about 4 mins of football played in the whole game. Celtic park on the 24th May 2009 was CBeebies compared to it! Get over it man.
while I bow to your superior debating skills, I would not disagree that Derry were very cynical and stopped tyrone playing football that day but it was more men behind the ball than out and out dirt.
But where did that come out of, my point is to counter that the monaghan tactic in the championship game v Derry in 2007 was not a 'clean' one as is being attempted to portray.
Even if in your belief that tyrone v Derry in 2006 was as bad/worse, it doesnt detract from my point that monaghan were not playing as alterboys in the aforementioned match.
What part of this is incorrect ?

Please feel free to bring in more unconnected examples if you like.

If yer tired, I suggest you get some sleep, you might be a bit more coherent afterwards !

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 09, 2009, 03:04:43 PM

Derry bullied Tyrone off the park in 05 I think it was. There was probably about 4 mins of football played in the whole game. Celtic park on the 24th May 2009 was CBeebies compared to it! Get over it man.
while I bow to your superior debating skills, I would not disagree that Derry were very cynical and stopped tyrone playing football that day but it was more men behind the ball than out and out dirt.
But where did that come out of, my point is to counter that the monaghan tactic in the championship game v Derry in 2007 was not a 'clean' one as is being attempted to portray.
Even if in your belief that tyrone v Derry in 2006 was as bad/worse, it doesnt detract from my point that monaghan were not playing as alterboys in the aforementioned match.

If yer tired, I suggest you get some sleep, you might be a bit more coherent afterwards !

And my point is that a lot of teams can/do play like this some/all of the time. There's little point in singling out any team. Yes Monaghan play negative football at the moment but they didn't a few years back and won nothing by it either! Of course they are connected!

It's the boredom and drone of the same drum being beaten that's making me lethargic and not the lack of sleep, but thanks for your handy suggestion.

JohnDenver

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on July 09, 2009, 03:18:51 PM

And my point is that a lot of teams can/do play like this some/all of the time. There's little point in singling out any team. Yes Monaghan play negative football at the moment but they didn't a few years back and won nothing by it either! Of course they are connected!

It's the boredom and drone of the same drum being beaten that's making me lethargic and not the lack of sleep, but thanks for your handy suggestion.

I thought you'd be more than used to that with you being the grand master!  :D

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: JohnDenver on July 09, 2009, 03:48:24 PM

I thought you'd be more than used to that with you being the grand master!  :D

touché JD! I've a lot on this weekend, I mightn't even get to the game!

full back

How about we say that Derry & Monaghan are both dirty fcukers & the winner of the title will be decided on Saturday

Maguire01

I'm not quite sure whether John Denver's reference is to an Orange Grand Master, as opposed to the hip-hop beats of GrandMasterFlash, is intentional... the latter's beats being infinitely more listenable than the former's.

SidelineKick

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 09, 2009, 03:55:58 PM
I'm not quite sure whether John Denver's reference is to an Orange Grand Master, as opposed to the hip-hop beats of GrandMasterFlash, is intentional... the latter's beats being infinitely more listenable than the former's.

:D quality.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

lynchbhoy

That is all I was doing- merely pointing out that it was a fallacy to say that Monaghan were not guilty of such in 2007.
Not singling out monaghan, just responding to what was said.

I knew a wee nap would sort you out !

same drum, different person saying it - not everyone (and from various counties too) can all be wrong !

I have said it before, there is a lot in that monaghan style of play that I admire and would love if Derry were capable of doing likewise.
Monaghan may not have won anything from it, but they havent been too far away from it.

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 09, 2009, 04:21:34 PM
same drum, different person saying it - not everyone (and from various counties too) can all be wrong !

Yes, but Bon Jovi had a box-set called 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong. I'm not so sure about that one either.

Anyway, i'm not disputing the nature of the game in Celtic Park, and to a lesser extent in Clones last Saturday. But you're the only one i've heard saying the same tactics were used in Casement in 2007. In that game Damien Freeman cleaned up all the ball in front of Derry's forwards and they were kept out of the game. It wasn't a dirty or overly negative game by any stretch.

Keyser soze

Hafta agree with Maguire on this. Derry were played off the pitch that day but it was more that we were tactically outthought and not as motivated. Certainly a very disappointing day for derry but i didn't leave that match thinking Monaghan were a dirty team.

I think they are getting a worse press than they deserve this year, they've a couple of players who stray over the line, i know personally i wouldn't last 5 minutes with Dessie at his antics [i reckon i'd take him with me  ;D] but it's no big deal. Most teams have a couple of these. They can do whatever they want and i won't care as long as we win!

Anyway I bet Sat's game will be a blinding game of football! Doire abu.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 09, 2009, 04:33:57 PM

Yes, but Bon Jovi had a box-set called 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong. I'm not so sure about that one either.

Anyway, i'm not disputing the nature of the game in Celtic Park, and to a lesser extent in Clones last Saturday. But you're the only one i've heard saying the same tactics were used in Casement in 2007. In that game Damien Freeman cleaned up all the ball in front of Derry's forwards and they were kept out of the game. It wasn't a dirty or overly negative game by any stretch.

well it was pretty much said by folks I know at the time and from that time I actually liked what monaghan were doing , even in spite of the fact that they beat Derry.

yer on yer own with bon jovi - shite in concert imo

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 09, 2009, 09:58:55 PM

well it was pretty much said by folks I know at the time and from that time I actually liked what monaghan were doing , even in spite of the fact that they beat Derry.

Eh, if you had read my post properly you'd see that I wasn't exactly paying Bon Jovi a compliment!
But anyway, enough of that, and back to Paddy Bradley...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 09, 2009, 10:50:41 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 09, 2009, 09:58:55 PM

Eh, if you had read my post properly you'd see that I wasn't exactly paying Bon Jovi a compliment!
But anyway, enough of that, and back to Paddy Bradley...
fcuk snakes...it was joke

what was it you told me to do the other day - lighten up or something !!!
:D

omagh_gael

Jaysus lads ye's are awful bitchy...no real talk of football here at all! No sign of line-ups yet?

whiskeysteve

Bon Jovi rocks you pair of feckers.

I fully expect the Farney men to be Livin' On A Prayer come Saturday.

Also, after another dirt fuelled performance from the Dickmeister he will be Wanted, Dead Or Alive.

Boom boom!!
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w