USFC Final Antrim v Tyrone Clones 19th July

Started by milltown row, June 27, 2009, 09:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCR

Quote from: hardstation on July 19, 2009, 10:24:15 PM
Cavanagh gets MOTM. Had a great game. Hard to find a man to both match him in the air and have the legs to stick to him.

Paddy Cunningham gets the Frank McGuigan 11 point plate. ;D
But Paddy only got 4 from play.

imtommygunn

Tommy Lyons talked Sean Cavanagh and his integrity. While I respect Sean Cavanagh as he's a great player he at times falls over very very easily so it's not a word I'd associate with him!

Anyway fair dues to Tyrone. They are quite simply awesome.

Antrim have done us proud. Bring on Kerry!

I fancy a double header with the Kildare game in Croke.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: hardstation on July 19, 2009, 09:17:44 PM
Ah well, I suppose.

Congratulations and fair play to Tyrone on a thoroughly deserved Ulster title. Streets ahead of the chasing pack. Superb outfit.

For our boys - Well done. We all dreamed but in reality, it was always a long shot. Although some lads will be disappointed with their performances, everyone tried and gave their lot for 70 minutes. That's all we can ask for. Some silly errors etc but that happens. Heads up and give the next game a rattle. We are going forward and we have to keep it going. You did Antrim proud.

Our supporters - Excellent. Despite a tiny minority who don't even deserve a mention, I thought our supporters were great. Brought lots of colour and support. Even at the final whistle, almost everyone stayed for a while, waving flags and cheering. Great stuff.

Ref - will have to see the game again before commenting. It can be hard to tell when you're at the match and kicking every ball. You always seem to think he's humping your own team. :D

Great day, even though we were beaten (quite comfortably). I hope to f**k it's not another 39 years and I really don't think it will be.

Aontroim Abú.

Agree with that Hardstation, the "Saffron Army Aldergrove brigade" a notable exception. Generally Antrim brought great colour and noise. Fair enough, a big percentage of the Antrim support are jumping on the bandwagon after a victory or two but hopefully a decent amount of them will stick at following the team now, next week and in the years to come.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

DCR

Quote from: Orior on July 19, 2009, 10:52:24 PM
Yeah Tyrone won easy enough, but I dont like their tackics, never liked their tackics and never will like their tactics.

1) Antrim should have been awarded a couple of frees from where the landed after Tyrone took out the man after he played the ball.
2) All Tyrone players have perfected the falling down thing.
3) Whenever an opposing team score two points in a row, a Tyrone player will get seriously injured and need medical treatment thereby defusing the steam built up by the opponent.

Any examples of 2 and 3?. And with regards to 1 as the saying goes "Opinions are like a*s* holes - everybody has one"

Aaron Boone

I thought Aldergrove were finished & had to go back to Glenavy?

Radioulster

Just thought the main difference today was antrims decision making on the ball, they were having to do things quicker than they have been used to. They will only improve from today and should not fear Kerry. From a Tyrone point of view a hard game over and hurdle jumped. The team has a lot to work on but that is not a bad thing, several players are capable of better and will hopefully show what they are made of. It will be good to get back to Croke Park.

DennistheMenace

Not that it really matters that much but I've seen Ricey (as he did today) go down and stay down longer than normal whenever the other team has the momentum.

Any talk of ref bias today is rubbish, thought he was sound.

Tyrones own

Quote from: DCR on July 19, 2009, 11:00:40 PM
Yeah Tyrone won easy enough, but I dont like their tackics, never liked their tackics and never will like their tactics.

1) Antrim should have been awarded a couple of frees from where the landed after Tyrone took out the man after he played the ball.
3) Whenever an opposing team score two points in a row, a Tyrone player will get seriously injured and need medical treatment thereby defusing the steam built up by the opponent.

Any examples of 2 and 3?. And with regards to 1 as the saying goes "Opinions are like a*s* holes - everybody has one"

:D An Armagh man with the audacity to mention the infamous late hit...get out a that Orior FFS :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: sam03/05 on July 19, 2009, 10:47:51 PM
Cavanagh gets MOTM. Had a great game. Hard to find a man to both match him in the air and have the legs to stick to him.

At least Paddy Cunningham showed up unlike Frank

Where would Frank have been today? 1984 team being paraded and it the Frank McGuigan final. Also two sons playing in an ulster final. Couldnt understand his absence.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on July 19, 2009, 11:11:23 PM

Where would Frank have been today? 1984 team being paraded and it the Frank McGuigan final. Also two sons playing in an ulster final. Couldnt understand his absence.

Frank doesn't go to games where "no team gets bate".
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Rois

That's possibly the most juvenile post I've read on here today. Like a petulant child.
You missed Antrim's 3rd, 4th and 5th points scored in a row, and perhaps their 7th, 8th and 9th?
Where was this falling over you talk about? When Cavanagh's arm was held in to earn him a yellow? Brian Dooher being fouled high? Tyrone had 14 frees awarded, Antrim 29. Doesn't really suggest a team that's consistently looking for the foul, or if they do, they're very bad at it.

Tyrones own

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 19, 2009, 11:16:32 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on July 19, 2009, 11:11:23 PM

Frank doesn't go to games where "no team gets bate".

A fierce narcissistic view point in my book...what could be more important to a man
than to watch two of his sons win Ulster medals regardless of his own hang ups ???
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

mountainboii

Quote from: DCR on July 19, 2009, 11:00:40 PM

3) About 15 minutes to go and Antrim after knocking over two or three points in a row to get within five I think and Ricey is struck down by a mysterious injury before the next kickout is taken. By the time he 'recovers' the Antrim chant and buzz has died down and their momentum is gone. Tyrone win the next kickout and the Antrim mini revival is dead.

Fairly unsporting but clever all the same. Don't blame Tyrone at all for these wee tricks, they're not the only team to pull them out when they need to.

Rois

Ach Hardstation go and find your own argument, or at least make some sort of point.

Ah, I see RTE misinformed us about the free count but it emphasises the point.