Gaelic players announce media ban

Started by ziggysego, June 26, 2009, 09:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: JMohan on July 16, 2009, 04:34:48 PM
Eamon O'Hara says they're prepared to strike

I'd love them to.

The people wouldn't be long turning on them.

I wonder is he off on a solo run on this one or has he checked with Dessie first?

jeez I'd love them to go on strike too
theres no way they will
thick and all as they are, even they are not that stupid to strike and run the risk of ruin by having the grass roots back the replacement players that each county will draft up for the county sides !

LaurelEye

I'd love them to.

I wonder is he off on a solo run on this one or has he checked with Dessie first?

The government is currently proposing delights such as:

• closing all rural schools with less than five teachers
  • making the parents of the children in these rural schools then pay at least €500 p.a. to transport them to whatever prefabs will be put in place in the nearest town to accommodate them
  • making the parents of special needs children pay for transport to schools (as well as cutting special needs assistants in existing schools)
  • cutting the old age pension by 5%

(there are a host of others but these were just the ones that stood out on a first reading of the McCarthy report)

and these lads are whinging about grants.

Are they on the same bloody planet as the rest of us?
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

longrunsthefox

Aye-they'll go on strike in October  ::) Their egos need the profile and glory in the summer

Bud Wiser

Go on strike !!  The entire executive and directors of the GPA should be turned into Artic Athletes (have their assets frozen) and they should start looking for a  psychiatric nurse (Oooops) if they think that either Minister, Martin or Lenihan, is going to make an announcement that the GPA is to get grant funding after announcing today that Special Needs Children are going to have their teachers taken away, 17,000 Civil Servants  are going to be put out of work, old age pensioners who retired are not to get their pension at 65 and have to wait now 'till they are 70, while the directors of GPA have their own pension fund. 

As far as recognition goes, maybe it would be better if they were ignored completely because it is getting to the stage where I think we should not react to some of the rubbish they come out with, like Kieron Shannon saying "they were NOT looking for 50,000 euro a month, they were looking for 50,000 euro a month until the GAA gave them money to keep them ticking over"   I'd say Tom Hogan Motors in Galway would have kept a fair few cars and jobs ticking over if he got half a million a year,  jeeeeeeeeeeezus,  aaaah  >:(  >:(
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

longrunsthefox

Well said Bud- they are  becoming totally obnoxious and self centered at a time there is such social hardship in the country. Eamonn O'Hara's season will be over soon anyway.

Hound

Quote from: LaurelEye on July 16, 2009, 04:50:23 PM

I'd love them to.

The government is currently proposing delights such as:

• closing all rural schools with less than five teachers
  • making the parents of the children in these rural schools then pay at least €500 p.a. to transport them to whatever prefabs will be put in place in the nearest town to accommodate them
  • making the parents of special needs children pay for transport to schools (as well as cutting special needs assistants in existing schools)
  • cutting the old age pension by 5%

(there are a host of others but these were just the ones that stood out on a first reading of the McCarthy report)

and these lads are whinging about grants.

Are they on the same bloody planet as the rest of us?
In relation to the grants they are whinging about themselves suffering a 58% cut where most other areas are getting cut 5% to 10%.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Hound on July 16, 2009, 05:16:34 PM
In relation to the grants they are whinging about themselves suffering a 58% cut where most other areas are getting cut 5% to 10%.

58% of a top-up. The old-age pensioner is being cut 5% of their entire income.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Hardy

Strike me arse. I've never heard such embarrassing shite from people I'd like to be able to look up to. Why do they think anyone will take a blind bit of notice if they stop indulging in their pastime until they get paid for it? They'll get the same reaction I'd get  - i.e. loud guffaws and "g'way ye gobshite ye" - if I walked into The Mucky Duck tonight and announced that I'm going on strike from drinking pints until someome starts paying me to drink them. Because I'm an elite drinker, y'see. There's money flying about in the pubs all night every night and I never see a penny of it, even though the place is full of people who are there to see me drinking. That's why they're there, isn't it? I'm sure if I stopped going to the Mucky Duck the place'd be empty in no time.

But it's not about pay for drink. It's about recognition of the sacrifices I make. Monetary recognition, of course. Not pay, though.

Bud, I'll see your "jeeeeeeeeeeezus,  aaaah  :'( :'(" and raise you a sweet leppin divine f***  :'( :'( :'( :'(.

Farrandeelin

Sligonian for one would not be happy if O'Hara went on strike!! ;)

What a load of bullshit from the whole lot of them. What will they do on sundays when they see other people wearing their county jerseys?? Will they strike from county action or club action or what? Morons the whole lot of them I say.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

pintsofguinness

Would they f**king go on strike!!

Christ I'm sick listening to them, what a crowd of arseholes - go on f**king strike and maybe we'll get a break from the bullshit. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

SLIGONIAN

Was disappointed with EOH comments, totally disagree with him, thing that annoys me is the Sligo players are well looked after EOH more than most over the yrs, free cars, Jobs, generous expenses which all add up to 600,000 to 700,000 to run a county team every yr. It needs huge funding to keep things running and we in Sligo just started ClubSligo which us gaels happily pay into for the cause and show our gratitude to the players so there looked after but its insult to us them getting payed IMO. I would pay alot of money to start in Tralee on Sat or play croke park. Why do they feel so hard done by to get payed. No player should be out of pocket for the effort they put in but I guarntee you none are and id say alot are in the green and it opens many doors in life.

EOH has a big game this weekend, why spout his mouth off now about something nothing to do with our mamooth task. The biggest joke is Dara McGarty being players representative  GPA with the commitment he showed Sligo nothing short of a joke.

The reality I live with regards alot of county players is there in it for themselves there egos and the social status it gives them, they dont see it as what can I do for my county, its what can my county do for me. There are some heros that would die for county and I thought EOH was one of them heros but he loses alot of respect from me insinutating he would strike rather than play for us on a basis of PRINCIPLE ffs ::), swallow your pride ego and tell farrel to go f*ck himself, thats what id do. The players arent suffering hardship so whats the reasoning getting extra money?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

INDIANA

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 16, 2009, 08:01:42 PM
Was disappointed with EOH comments, totally disagree with him, thing that annoys me is the Sligo players are well looked after EOH more than most over the yrs, free cars, Jobs, generous expenses which all add up to 600,000 to 700,000 to run a county team every yr. It needs huge funding to keep things running and we in Sligo just started ClubSligo which us gaels happily pay into for the cause and show our gratitude to the players so there looked after but its insult to us them getting payed IMO. I would pay alot of money to start in Tralee on Sat or play croke park. Why do they feel so hard done by to get payed. No player should be out of pocket for the effort they put in but I guarntee you none are and id say alot are in the green and it opens many doors in life.

EOH has a big game this weekend, why spout his mouth off now about something nothing to do with our mamooth task. The biggest joke is Dara McGarty being players representative  GPA with the commitment he showed Sligo nothing short of a joke.

The reality I live with regards alot of county players is there in it for themselves there egos and the social status it gives them, they dont see it as what can I do for my county, its what can my county do for me. There are some heros that would die for county and I thought EOH was one of them heros but he loses alot of respect from me insinutating he would strike rather than play for us on a basis of PRINCIPLE ffs ::), swallow your pride ego and tell farrel to go f*ck himself, thats what id do. The players arent suffering hardship so whats the reasoning getting extra money?

This is being largely driven by certain players who want to be professionals. Mc Geeney showed bad form not giving an interview last week. But then you'd ask does he have a job outside training kildare?

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on July 16, 2009, 10:50:05 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 16, 2009, 08:01:42 PM

This is being largely driven by certain players who want to be professionals. Mc Geeney showed bad form not giving an interview last week. But then you'd ask does he have a job outside training kildare?

Doesn't need one.

Eamonn O'Hara's comment that it isn't ALL about money is interesting.

God wouldn't it be great if they went on strike ?.

I remember when the talk of a strike was raised a few years ago, Mickey Harte VERY quickly announced that Tyrone would field a team regardless made up of people who really WANTED to play for Tyrone.

JMohan

The country is on it's knees and the one eternal bright spark of entertainment on the island - the GAA - is being held to ransom by a crowd of spoilt pups ... O'Hara would need to wise up and come into the real world.

As for McGeeney ... he's hardly signing on

sligeach

ffs lads. Alot of us said this before, once the grants came in that there would be no shutting the f**kers up.

I argued with so many people that the grants was opening a door and f-all people listened, well fair play. (reillers)

I really hope they do strike and I hope that the greedy miserable fucks never put on a jersey again.

But on the subject, have the GAA got a pair of balls anymore ? Its high f-ing time to stop this shite and go on the offensive. Get rid of this GPA eejits now, let them strike and see who gives a shit.