Mayo V Galway - Connacht Final Thread

Started by stephenite, June 24, 2009, 01:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmo Kramer

Definitely a Galway man if I ever saw one.

Its probably Ray Silke.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

moysider

Just heard one of the Mayo players[starter] father  passed away suddenly today. Anybody else hear about it? Young man. Terrible news.

Wont say who it is yet because there are a few club men on here may not have heard yet.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: moysider on July 18, 2009, 10:09:17 PM

Just heard one of the Mayo players[starter] passed away suddenly today. Anybody else hear about it? Young man. Terrible news.

Jesus. Hope it's not true. That would be tragic. Surely the game wouldn't go ahead in such circumstances.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

moysider

moysider

Hearing now its a Grandfather. In which case the player involved could start maybe? We ll find out the real story soon I suppose.

moysider

muppet

Quote from: moysider on July 18, 2009, 10:36:00 PM

Looks like now its def grandfather.

RIP whoever it is.

P.S. never become a newsreader.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Yeah. Jesus. Would nt mind I usually review before I post.

Lar Naparka

Unless bad luck intervenes, I expect Mayo to come out winners today. If it all boils down to what happens on the field –determination to win, football ability and present form, Mayo should get by.
It's the type of game where bit players grow into stars in their own right. I remember this happening to Alan Dillon in the game against the same opposition back in '06.     If it was practical to draw some sort of a form line based on previous encounters, I feel Mayo have a positive edge.
In Salthill '07 especially, and to a lesser extent last year, Mayo let Galway build up commanding leads before taking the fight to them. In both games, it was a case of too little, too late but I maintain that with a bit of better leadership on the field and a greater degree of tactical awareness on the sideline, we could have done better in both instances.
Today is what counts and here I think both  our team and manager have improved immeasurably. Roscommon have proved in the backdoor games to be a much better side than they looked against Mayo.
Did they really have a bad hair day or were Mayo just far too strong for them?
Maybe the truth is that it was a bit of both but Mayo played with more purpose and concentration than I have seen in a long time. I had thought I'd never see that in my time again.
The fact that O'Mahony is fielding an almost unaltered line up from the Roscommon match is encouraging as he is giving the players the chance to settle in and concentrate on their own games, without keeping an eye at what is going on over on the sidelines.   
O'Mahony seems to be more energetic and tuned in to the on-field action that I have seen from him in all games prior to the Roscommon one. If he keeps this standard up, as I expect him to do, it will be a major plus.
All in all, my €100 is behind the bar in my local along with two €50s from a pair of shams from Tuam and I'm confident I'll be pocketing the contents of the pint glass later this afternoon.
To hell with the so-called 'Hoodoo,' it's P. Joyce I'm afraid of!  Galway are still Galway and we need to keep the throttle down to the final whistle.
So; here's to Johnno and may he prove  that I've been spouting rubbish all along. ;D
BTW; Good luck and a safe journey to all who are on the road for the game.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mckieran

QuoteThe fact that O'Mahony is fielding an almost unaltered line up from the Roscommon match is encouraging as he is giving the players the chance to settle in and concentrate on their own games, without keeping an eye at what is going on over on the sidelines.   

Well, he cant really drop anyone after the Roscommon match so I wouldnt really read too much into this.

I fancy Galway, with Hanley having an absolute stromer on O'Shea

mckieran

There seems to be an awful lot of confirdence (Maybe even cockiness) down around Mayo at the moment.

Time to bring ye back to earth!

prewtna

is this being streamed anywhere? im outside ireland.