Mayo V Galway - Connacht Final Thread

Started by stephenite, June 24, 2009, 01:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 15, 2009, 02:23:03 PM
I think we should take the advice of Ciaran McDonald when a reporter asked him what it felt like to finally break the Tuam hoodoo.
"F**k the hoodoo," Mac is supposed to have replied and he went on his merry way.
Let's hope the lads on Sunday will adopt the same attitude.

think he actually said that lar when cross won the Ai club title and some reporter said something like how did he feel now that the hoodoo of mayo teams loosing finals in croke park was broken to which he replied "fcuk the hoodoo" not exactly the reply the jounalist was expecting i'd imagine :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

macdanger2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 14, 2009, 08:34:45 PM

What happened to Macdanger1??

He was frozen out by the management of the forum!!!

Don't think McG will start on Sunday, looks like games from JOM to keep the media focus on McG rather than on AO'S or any of the other players.

GBXII

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 15, 2009, 06:24:54 PM

Don't think McG will start on Sunday, looks like games from JOM to keep the media focus on McG rather than on AO'S or any of the other players.

Thank God that doesn't happen to any of our footballers...

Farrandeelin

Quote from: GBXII on July 15, 2009, 07:07:17 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 15, 2009, 06:24:54 PM

Thank God that doesn't happen to any of our footballers...

Excellent reply!! GBXII:D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cosmo Kramer

McGarrity in - incredible

Team: Kenneth O'Malley; Liam O'Malley, Ger Cafferkey, Keith Higgins; Peadar Gardiner, Trevor Howley, Andy Moran; David Heaney, Ronan McGarrity; Pat Harte, Trevor Mortimer, Alan Dillon; Aidan Kilcoyne, Barry Moran, Aidan O'Shea.

So O'Malley for Vaughan is the only change.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Farrandeelin

Hope he has a good game if he starts. He might not start either though. Liam O'Malley is back in the corner as expected ahead of Vaughan. I wonder how Conor Mort is feeling now that he has lost out again??
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 15, 2009, 10:09:00 PM
Hope he has a good game if he starts. He might not start either though. Liam O'Malley is back in the corner as expected ahead of Vaughan. I wonder how Conor Mort is feeling now that he has lost out again??

He'll have probably expected it after Kilcoyne's performance the last day. Expect it to be tight in the last 10 minutes and by then he'll definitely be on.

Probably our biggest strength is our bench, we've got Mortimer, Parsons, Vaughan and McLoughin to come on if needed, I don't think Galway have that kind of strength in depth - could be the difference.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

The flame still burns

Quote from: moysider on July 15, 2009, 02:59:26 AM
Quote from: The flame still burns on July 14, 2009, 11:18:47 PM
McGarrity isn't out of the reckoning but I just can't see him starting. My own attempt at picking the team.

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/2009/07/14/wholl-go-to-war-against-the-tribes/

You ve left Keith Higgins off that team.?

Indeed I did. A mighty fine c**k up by me. Well spotted. Thanks for having my back Tubberman!

moysider

Quote from: The flame still burns on July 15, 2009, 10:30:23 PM
Quote from: moysider on July 15, 2009, 02:59:26 AM
Quote from: The flame still burns on July 14, 2009, 11:18:47 PM
McGarrity isn't out of the reckoning but I just can't see him starting. My own attempt at picking the team.

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/2009/07/14/wholl-go-to-war-against-the-tribes/

You ve left Keith Higgins off that team.?

Indeed I did. A mighty fine c**k up by me. Well spotted. Thanks for having my back Tubberman!

I knew what you meant anyway. But nobody can afford to be sloppy the week of a Connacht final.

Only messing. Good to see Ronan in. Hopefully he ll be able to start.

I notice that unlike the team for last years final there s a general agreement that most of the selection calls are right this year. Apart from Rosnarun who would nt have Harte and probably Caf anywhere near the team.

Andy Moran at wing back and Kilcoyne in the corner are developments that would not have been obvious 6 months ago. This Sunday will be the acid test for these initiatives by management. If these two boys impose themselves on the game and have the better of it it would be a great boost to our chances. I think we ll need them to come up thrumps to be honest.

rosnarun

ill reserve my right  right on cafferkey un till after sunday as these are the type of games the show a players character and quality. ditto for S o  shea if he starts. every thing that happened before Sunday is irrelevant ,
this is when players are shown to have arrived and unfortunately  also shows up players who will never make it or are now past it . like Padraig Joyce.
As for harte i dont think my opinion on him will change at this point. he blows cold hit abd and too often  too hot.

BTW
i think its a bullshit team named for the media and program printer .
If Ronan doesn't make it i wound'nt like to bet on what way hell be replaced , so why tell the herreing chokers anymore than you have to
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

dodo

Team: Kenneth O'Malley; Liam O'Malley, Ger Cafferkey, Keith Higgins; Peadar Gardiner(0-1), Trevor Howley, Andy Moran; David Heaney, Ronan McGarrity(0-1); Pat Harte(1-1), Trevor Mortimer(0-1), Alan Dillon(0-5); Aidan Kilcoyne(0-3), Barry Moran, Aidan O'Shea(1-2)

Possible Galway Team: Faherty; Coyne, Hanley, Burke; Bradshaw(0-1), Blake, Sice; Coleman, Cullinane; Armstrong(0-3), P.Joyce(1-1), N.Joyce(0-2); Bane(0-2), Meehan(0-4), Conroy(0-2)

Mayo 2-14
Maroon Blues 1-15

moysider

If Ronan does nt make it I hope it does nt take changing 2 or 3 lines to replace him like we used do in days gone by. Decent county squads should be able for straight swaps with minimum of fuss. Parsons the obvious replacement with O Sé as back up.

moysider

Quote from: dodo on July 16, 2009, 12:43:59 AM

Team: Kenneth O'Malley; Liam O'Malley, Ger Cafferkey, Keith Higgins; Peadar Gardiner(0-1), Trevor Howley, Andy Moran; David Heaney, Ronan McGarrity(0-1); Pat Harte(1-1), Trevor Mortimer(0-1), Alan Dillon(0-5); Aidan Kilcoyne(0-3), Barry Moran, Aidan O'Shea(1-2)

Possible Galway Team: Faherty; Coyne, Hanley, Burke; Bradshaw(0-1), Blake, Sice; Coleman, Cullinane; Armstrong(0-3), P.Joyce(1-1), N.Joyce(0-2); Bane(0-2), Meehan(0-4), Conroy(0-2)

Mayo 2-14
Maroon Blues 1-15

If that happens it ll be one of the all time great classics and I for one will be very happy.

rosnarun

Quote from: dodo on July 16, 2009, 12:43:59 AM

Mayo 2-14
Maroon Blues 1-15
no scoring subs? what about conor give him a bit of hope
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Bod Mor

It won't be as high scoring as last years final, that strange breeze that blows around Salthill will play a big role. No goals either I'd say. I predict a record amount of wides, with Spillane et al giving out about the state of Connacht football blah blah blah.

Galway 0-9
Mayo 0-8
>:(

I hope I'm wrong..
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.