Leinster semi-final draw

Started by GalwayBayBoy, June 07, 2009, 06:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Kilkenny v Galway

Wexford v Dublin

INDIANA

happy enough we were very poor today and will be rank outsiders going into that game. At least we have some slim chance of beating wexford- we have none with the others based on today.

GalwayBayBoy

Confirmation of dates, times & venues for Leinster SHC Semi-Finals:

June-20th 7pm Kilkenny vs. Galway O'Connor Pk.Tullamore RTE 2

June-21st 3.30pm Wexford vs. Dublin Nowlan Pk. Kilkenny.

EddieMerx

Happy with that draw but I'd say all Wexford and Dublin supporters are. Dublin were very poor today but I would imagine they will improve on that performance for the semi. I think if we can get Lambert back and with Banville casuing chaos the Dubs will really need to tighten up their marking

Lecale2

Two competitive semi finals in prospect. I fully expected Galway and Kilkenny to be kept apart!

mckieran

QuoteTwo competitive semi finals in prospect. I fully expected Galway and Kilkenny to be kept apart!

I wouldnt be too sure of Galway - Kilkenny being competitive

EddieMerx

A lot of things need to go right for Galway to have a chance and dare I say also go wrong for Kilkenny. Very hard to see Galway winning this, I predict they will stick with them for the first half and then end up losing by 10 points with all the critics lauding how great it was to see Kilkenny being tested in Leinster but forgetting that both Offaly and Wexford also have tended to stick with the Cats for half a game before being blown away.

INDIANA

A kilkenny man I work with told me today that cha broke his hand in training- that will help galway.

imtommygunn

Joe Canning from dead balls and sideline cuts will make it more competitive than it probably should be.

As has been said before best to get them at this time of year.

That was however said when they played in the qualifiers in the last number of years and Kilkenny spanked them. (can't remember which year)

EddieMerx

Quote from: INDIANA on June 10, 2009, 04:18:36 PM
A kilkenny man I work with told me today that cha broke his hand in training- that will help galway.

Yep Cha is out, is a loss but then again Galway are not exactly strong around middle of the park. It will be interesting to see who Coady puts midfiield now because Fennelly had a poor enough league

INDIANA

Cha's not getting many breaks lately- mumps and now a broken hand. Still a loss though- he's one of the cats top 5 non-replaceables.

EddieMerx

He's had a run of bad luck alright, I think Lyng is also out??? Midfield could be a problem for Coady

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: EddieMerx on June 10, 2009, 05:37:15 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on June 10, 2009, 04:18:36 PM

Yep Cha is out, is a loss but then again Galway are not exactly strong around middle of the park.

Kevin Hynes is actually playing very well in midfield at the moment for Galway. Scored 0-5 from play against Tipp in the last league game and 0-4 from play the last day out.

If anyone can afford to lose good players and get away with it though it's Kilkenny.

INDIANA

Dublin got a good boost tonight beating wexford 1-24 to 0-8 in the u21 semi . Wexford were very poor by their standards but dublin were excellent. Hopefully willl give our lads a shot in the arm after last sundays below par performance.

AZOffaly

Offaly were beaten 0-18 to 0-15 down in Nowlan Park by Kilkenny. A creditable performance on the face of it, but I haven't heard many reports yet.