Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: aroundincircles on June 22, 2009, 03:58:05 PM
I would say you just dont like him.

I would say I don't know him.

I've played against him and found nothing out of the ordinary in terms of his behaviour.  He certainly didnt behave like a thug on that occasion.

He did yesterday (albeit less than normal). Perhaps we'll get to the stage where he plays football for the entire match and doesn't resort to such behaviour.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Fuzzman

We just remarking that yesterday near the end of the game how Tyrone's FF line seems to almost be a decoy at some stages.

There were a few times yesterday and plenty times in previous games where there are maybe 2 or 3 men attacking around MF or HF and there was nobody in the tyrone FF line. Its as if they just create space there and so leave options for others to run into and move the other teams FB line out of position. It requires patience and a lot of off the ball running though.

I thought McGuckian got a real roasting yesterday from Penfold who was out to prove to Mickey that he was right to stand by him after his poor display in Clones last day out.
Was very disappointed again with big Sean. Was he just well marshalled or is he becoming to predictable to a good man marker.
I thought last year he raised his game as we got nearer the end of the summer. Hope he gets the chance this year but who knows.

Saffrons for Sam!!!

aroundincircles

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 22, 2009, 04:21:42 PM

I've played against him and found nothing out of the ordinary in terms of his behaviour.  He certainly didnt behave like a thug on that occasion.

He did yesterday (albeit less than normal). Perhaps we'll get to the stage where he plays football for the entire match and doesn't resort to such behaviour.

You and i both know that will never happen ;)

SidelineKick

Quote from: aroundincircles on June 22, 2009, 04:31:28 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on June 22, 2009, 04:21:42 PM

You and i both know that will never happen ;)

True  :D

Reported.

aroundincircles

The thing i cannot understand is how Mickey Harte puts up with that behaviour with all his good living and all. He must'nt have seen all them  bad things over the years.If he hada he surely would tell  ricey we dont want that behaviour in our game you are dropped.

JMohan

Quote from: aroundincircles on June 22, 2009, 04:40:41 PM
The thing i cannot understand is how Mickey Harte puts up with that behaviour with all his good living and all. He must'nt have seen all them  bad things over the years.If he hada he surely would tell  ricey we dont want that behaviour in our game you are dropped.
Harte doesn't care once he wins for him.

Think Sean Boylan and Martin O'Connell, Mick Lyons, Kevin Fol ... ah just think Boylan and Meath Footballers

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

Reported.

bingobus

Its like a broken record at this stage, Derry play a game and there is an opponent who has so badly wronged them and the spirit of the game/gaa.

If its not Clerkin, its ricey.

Ignore the fact that of the 4 red cards in the Ulster champ to date, 2 have been to Derry men and they have also been lucky not to receive more - Eoin Bradley yesterday, Mullen the first day V Monaghan, headbutt on Dooher yesterday.

But sure ignore that, Ricey is worse than all that for been too fired up!

DennistheMenace

Derry were crap and the fact 'hub' was MoM speaks volumes.

too light in key positions, still too reliant on the two bradleys, squad not good enough and tactically I think DC got some decisions wrong but I doubt it would have made (much) a difference.

Tyrone were and are easily the better team and the Ulster Final is now a formality.

Rubbish game like all the games in Ulster this year.

SidelineKick

Bingo do you ever get tired listening to yourself? Since when do you defend Monobrow. Anthing to get a dig at the Derry crowd.

We beat you, fuckin get over it. We used YOUR tactics to do it. My respect for Monaghan dropped dramatically that day. A hard team? hard to listen to thats about it.  Cynical fucks.

Reported.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: bingobus on June 22, 2009, 05:00:47 PM
Its like a broken record at this stage, Derry play a game and there is an opponent who has so badly wronged them and the spirit of the game/gaa.

If its not Clerkin, its ricey.

Ignore the fact that of the 4 red cards in the Ulster champ to date, 2 have been to Derry men and they have also been lucky not to receive more - Eoin Bradley yesterday, Mullen the first day V Monaghan, headbutt on Dooher yesterday.

But sure ignore that, Ricey is worse than all that for been too fired up!
fecking hell bingo, whatever about bein glad Derry were beaten, theres no need to lose the run of yourself

mcguckin should have received a red card, and if you venture down the line about others that deserved red cards then you would have to cite half the monaghan team in every match.

I dont look at that kind of stuff, some of it is bad foorm from players (from all counties) some is just the niggly crap that seems to go on, but as for head butts that are non existent , you are not doing yourself justice at all - I know you are better than that from your posts in the past few years.
theres a few other incidents (eg mulligan knees on Mark lynch when mark was fouled/tripped by cavanagh I think it was ) but theres no point in citing every action/incident (I have just done so to say that most of these things remain unmentioned and we should move on).
Derry were not good enough yesterday, same as monaghan were not good enough the last day.
Both of us have another chance yet !

ONeill

Was thinking there. Is there any merit in the idea of Derry reverting to the old clan rule times and allowing themselves to be swallowed geographically by Tyrone? That way their followers will perhaps dread Monday mornings. A Greater Tyrone of sorts.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrones own

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 22, 2009, 05:12:43 PM
Bingo do you ever get tired listening to yourself? Since when do you defend Monobrow. Anthing to get a dig at the Derry crowd.

We beat you, fuckin get over it. We used YOUR tactics to do it. My respect for Monaghan dropped dramatically that day. A hard team? hard to listen to thats about it.  Cynical f**ks.

Oh the Irony  :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Winnie Peg

A bit of advice for Derry supporters. If you are beat by a point or two, by all means complain about referee and opposition players and supporters but when you are stuffed and embarrassed, keep quiet and stop the whinging, it is very embarrassing.