Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

McGuckin very unlucky to get a straight red card. Worse went on after it.

orangeman

longrunsthefox

the green man

Quote from: orangeman on June 21, 2009, 11:04:12 PM
Still think Kevin Mc Guckin was unlucky.

I think he was more than unlucky. Kinneavy/O Conamha's bound to look at the TV tonight with more than a slight hint of embarrassment. He can't blame any of his officials, as he didnt seem to ask for their input as to what went on.

time ticking away

Quote from: Rois on June 21, 2009, 10:43:36 PM
Thought Jordan had as influential a game as Hughes. PJ Quinn looks like he's always been there.

One strange thing that came to my attention today was how good the Tyrone players are at keeping possession despite very hard (mainly fair) tackles. Rarely did they spill the ball when brought/sent to ground. Looks like something they've worked on specifically.

I though Jordan was excellent today, but that would be fairly normal for him
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

omagh_gael

Quote from: the green man on June 21, 2009, 11:13:54 PM
Quote from: orangeman on June 21, 2009, 11:04:12 PM
Still think Kevin Mc Guckin was unlucky.

I think he was more than unlucky. Kinneavy/O Conamha's bound to look at the TV tonight with more than a slight hint of embarrassment. He can't blame any of his officials, as he didnt seem to ask for their input as to what went on.

Agree that mc guckian didn't deserve to be sent off but I was right beside it and keneavy definately did consult with an umpire who seemed to confirm the straight red!

Winnie Peg

I have been looking forward to a Derry renaissance and with all the hype of Derry and their manager, I am severely disappointed. I have seen some poor passionless performances from Derry over the years but this must rank as the worst I have ever seen. I honestly think that they had a bout eight players who wouldn't get their place on the Crosmaglen team.

Hungry Exile

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

ONeill

Thomas Kane asks Kernan if the weight/wait affect the players. Kernan gonna flatten him for his impertinence.

peterquaife

Quote from: BobKelso on June 21, 2009, 10:25:54 PM
Mark Lynchs best position is on the bench.

and your best position is on the high stool 4 / 5 nights per week, 20 fags and a few take aways...any spare time, sure log onto a forum and make smart remarks about a young amateur athlete busting a gut for his county with scant reward

Archie Mitchell

Good wee piece on Clonoe and the impact Damien Cassidy had on them.

Burns said before the game started that he felt Derry would get a hiding.

ONeill

The programme has only 4 Tyrone players 14 stone or over (the 2 keepers, Cavanagh and McGinley)

Derry have 12 players 14 stone or over. Lay off the feckin Magherafelt chippy lads.

peterquaife

Quote from: ONeill on June 21, 2009, 11:54:19 PM
The programme has only 4 Tyrone players 14 stone or over (the 2 keepers, Cavanagh and McGinley)

Derry have 12 players 14 stone or over. Lay off the feckin Magherafelt chippy lads.

the old programmes always seem to add an inch and a stone...young Brown is the same height and build as my wife and shes a wee'in, but i think he was down as 12 stone of dynamite in the programme