Priest Rules

Started by southoftheborder, May 03, 2009, 11:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southoftheborder

derry

am 100% genuine about this, not taking the piss,

i will keep board posted in the outcome as i think the family are challenging the decision

orangeman

longrunsthefox

I know a boy was near his time for ordination and got last minute rejection. He was devastated. I think the probem was he was able to think for himself and dared express a few views. Not a good career move... 

orangeman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 03, 2009, 05:28:29 PM
I know a boy was near his time for ordination and got last minute rejection. He was devastated. I think the probem was he was able to think for himself and dared express a few views. Not a good career move... 

Not a good attribute at all.

Pangurban

I do not believe one word of this story as presently related, there must be more to it

mylestheslasher

I find it hard to believe too. Sure they ordain all sorts of unsuitable cretins without difficulty. In fact I'd say it would be next to impossible to not get ordained after doing your stint in Maynooth. Did your friend piss off the bishop in some other way and the bishop used the excuse of a tattoo to get back at him?
If I were you I'd tell your friend he can do more good in the world as a lay person anyway. Look on the bright side.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 03, 2009, 07:45:21 PM
I find it hard to believe too. Sure they ordain all sorts of unsuitable cretins without difficulty. In fact I'd say it would be next to impossible to not get ordained after doing your stint in Maynooth. Did your friend piss off the bishop in some other way and the bishop used the excuse of a tattoo to get back at him?
If I were you I'd tell your friend he can do more good in the world as a lay person anyway. Look on the bright side.

I feel a song coming on; and biblical too  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

orangeman

still can't believe that this is happening to a man who has spent 7 years serving God. Keep us posted.

Doogie Browser

I know of a priest with a tattoo and he is in the derry diocese so I find this hard to believe also.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Would think this story is bullshite.
Know a Priest in Derry diocese who wears a Budda round his neck ffs.
Tbc....

AbbeySider

I would believe this story.

My first cousin went straight from Leaving Cert and into the seminary in Maynooth. He wanted to join the missions more than anything.
However after 7 years studying to be a priest he was told that he was probably too young to join the priesthood and there was a fear that he would have a problem with the vows like celibacy.

He was completely devastated. He had devoted 7 years of his life only to be told he couldnt get ordained. However he left and joined the department of foreign affairs and was working in Africa for a number of years.

Looking back now he would say that it was the best thing that ever happened him. He got to go to Africa after that and is happily married now.

Its amazing how conservative they can be. 

PM me if you like southoftheborder, I can understand what its like.

The GAA

He can be ordained in another diocese surely?

SidelineKick

Quote from: AbbeySider on May 05, 2009, 11:31:05 AM

I would believe this story.

My first cousin went straight from Leaving Cert and into the seminary in Maynooth. He wanted to join the missions more than anything.
However after 7 years studying to be a priest he was told that he was probably too young to join the priesthood and there was a fear that he would have a problem with the vows like celibacy.

He was completely devastated. He had devoted 7 years of his life only to be told he couldnt get ordained. However he left and joined the department of foreign affairs and was working in Africa for a number of years.

Looking back now he would say that it was the best thing that ever happened him. He got to go to Africa after that and is happily married now.

Its amazing how conservative they can be. 

PM me if you like southoftheborder, I can understand what its like.

I don't mind him, don't think its any reason to PM you though.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

AbbeySider

Quote from: SidelineKick on May 05, 2009, 11:59:13 AM
I don't mind him, don't think its any reason to PM you though.

Dont know why you replied but if he wants to discuss the details off the thread then I offered.

AbbeySider

Quote from: The GAA on May 05, 2009, 11:47:15 AM

He can be ordained in another diocese surely?

No, they ruled he was too young.