Priest Rules

Started by southoftheborder, May 03, 2009, 11:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southoftheborder

i have a nephew who was to be ordained at the end of the month, however after 7years of training apparently they have told him that the bishop will not ordain him as he has tattoo of a crucifix, surely after 7years of devotion this is absurd, i know the bible states that we should not harm our body, but the bible is a guide, not a rule book

anyones thoughts or comments are appreciated

pintsofguinness

Quote from: southoftheborder on May 03, 2009, 11:02:01 AM
i have a nephew who was to be ordained at the end of the month, however after 7years of training apparently they have told him that the bishop will not ordain him as he has tattoo of a crucifix, surely after 7years of devotion this is absurd, i know the bible states that we should not harm our body, but the bible is a guide, not a rule book

What do you mean, he won't be able to be a priest, after 7 years?  Because he has a tattoo?
Are you serious?

And they wonder why they have no priests?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

southoftheborder

yes, the bishop will not ordain him becasue of this, he has been at maynooth since 2002 studying for this, shame total shame!!!

ur rite, they wonder why there is no preists

longrunsthefox

He should be grateful to get out of it.

Orior

I think that is a stupid decision by the Bishop. Probably not by the rule book either. Vocations are rock bottom so they should be opening things up not closing them down e.g. allow priests to marry.

Orior's Insight: If the tattoo is on his arse then I'd also want to know how the bishop knows about it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Diet Coke

Ah well "we all have our CROSS to bear" in life! :D
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

longrunsthefox

It is a bizarre cult when paedophiles aren't kicked out and this fellow in effect is. Why doesn't he go for lazer treatment and get the tatoo removed if he loves the church so much? As I say he's as well away from it. 

Maguire01

Surely another bishop could ordain him? And if this was an issue, you'd expect it to have been flagged before now!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 03, 2009, 12:43:39 PM
Surely another bishop could ordain him? And if this was an issue, you'd expect it to have been flagged before now!

longrunsthefox

Sounds like he got a right fundamentalist Bishop. You ever see the size of some of the fat f***ers sitting around filling their faces with chocolates old biddies send up t the prochial house. Is that not harming their bodies too?

Maguire01

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 03, 2009, 12:48:51 PM

Sounds like he got a right fundamentalist Bishop. You ever see the size of some of the fat f***ers sitting around filling their faces with chocolates old biddies send up t the prochial house. Is that not harming their bodies too?
Good point. On this basis, any priest who drinks should also be shown the door.

Tony Baloney

What my blank post above should have said is that this story smacks of complete bollox and I don't believe it for one minute.

RMDrive

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 03, 2009, 01:03:02 PM
What my blank post above should have said is that this story smacks of complete bollox and I don't believe it for one minute.

+1

longrunsthefox

Nothing would surprise me wth that outfit.

orangeman

I suspect you're on the wind up. There's not a chance IMO that this story is factually correct - there has to be something more to it.

What diocese are you talking about ??