Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMohan

Quote from: Main Street on June 11, 2009, 12:43:03 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 10, 2009, 05:57:27 PM
Quote from: JMohan on June 10, 2009, 04:25:02 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 10, 2009, 09:07:00 AM
Tommy Freeman lost his appeal against his 8-week ban.

Doherty having his case heard tonight.

Have to laugh at the Monaghan Chairman saying how Tommay was never red carded in his life ...

Tommy Freeman has seen more Red Cards than almost any other footballer on that County team - he's got more cards than Hallmark
Can you list them?
Can he even list one?

I wonder are Derry going to use the Brolly defense?

No, there's been too many.  ;D

So now it's Saint Tommy is it? You pair mustn't have ever seen him play club football - he's far from an angel and if you saw any club football in Monaghan you'd know better than to start that ... as for Connolly spouting off he should also have known better.

saffron sam2

Have to laugh at the Monaghan Chairman saying how Tommay was never red carded in his life ...

Tommy Freeman has seen more Red Cards than almost any other footballer on that County team - he's got more cards than Hallmark
Can you list them?

Has Tommy ever been suspended before?

Is he related to the Tommy Freeman who received an 8 week ban for his part in a melee that led to a Magheracloone - Latton league game being abandoned in December 2007? A suspension, incidently, that a Mr Connolly, chairman of the Monaghan county board, is fully aware of.

Mr Connolly is making a tit of himself here.

As indeed are the Derry county board. Mullen fully deserves eight weeks for his actions - comparisons with either McMenamin or McGuian are irrelevant and the Glenullan man should take his medicine.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

orangeman

On what basis was Fergal Doherty's ban reduced to 4 weeks ?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: orangeman on June 11, 2009, 09:22:23 AM

As he has shown in the past he is not a dirty player but is a fair and physical player.

Maguire01

Quote from: JMohan on June 11, 2009, 05:29:55 AM
Quote from: Main Street on June 11, 2009, 12:43:03 AM

Can you list them?
Can he even list one?

I wonder are Derry going to use the Brolly defense?

No, there's been too many.  ;D

So now it's Saint Tommy is it? You pair mustn't have ever seen him play club football - he's far from an angel and if you saw any club football in Monaghan you'd know better than to start that ... as for Connolly spouting off he should also have known better.
I thought as much. Hot air.

I never said he was an angel - i never heard anyone saying that; that was the official line for Doherty as I recall.

I'm sure if we bring club records into it there's a fair few red cards on both teams. But you did appear to be talking about county football and so far haven't been able to give even one example. Hallmark must have very little stock.

Maguire01

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 11, 2009, 09:30:03 AM

As he has shown in the past he is not a dirty player but is a fair and physical player.
Since when has past form been cosidered in reducing a sanction?

tyrone86

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 11, 2009, 09:30:03 AM

You aren't going to get a suspension reduced on something being out of character.

I'm not 100% sure what the original charge was but I presume he was done for "Kicking, with force or attempting to cause injury" - Category 3 & 8 weeks. If the ban was indeed reduced then it's probably down as Kicking with minimal force - Category 2 & 4 weeks - again, I'd presume the interpretation of force is the difference in the length of sentence between the CCCC and the CHC

tyrone86

What will be interesting to know is will Doherty miss the Tyrone game anyway? If you're sent off with a straight red, you miss the next game in the Championship regardless of when the suspension is up - I'm not sure if this is the case for post match suspensions.

Bensars

Feck me, theres a deafening silence in here this morning

orangeman

Quote from: Bensars on June 11, 2009, 10:15:49 AM
Feck me, theres a deafening silence in here this morning

Stunned silence.

Will Hunting

On what basis was he given 8 weeks in the first place?

Good to hear that Mullan and Doherty both have their bans reduced - justice has been done. In line with what has gone before for Mullan's offence, 4 weeks appears to be the correct sanction.

Bensars

Quote from: Will Hunting on June 03, 2009, 03:38:50 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on June 03, 2009, 03:11:48 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 03, 2009, 02:37:39 PM
Sunday game showed a clear head butt to Kevin McGuckin and in fairness McGuckin didn't go down like some players have but there was clear as day. Clerkin deserves a ban for his knee also. I'm glad Derry are accepting Mullan's punishment and only seeking to get Doherty's ban reduced. Unlike some Counties who will appeal anything and everything no matter what the player has done wrong!

McGuckin didn't go down because he wasn't touched.

Are you Derry wans not fed up yet pleading the innocent victims because everybody else is fed up listening to ye

Stay out of the Derry v Monaghan thread then.

Have to agree with screenexile on this one - good to see that Derry aren't taking this to the DRA, High Courts etc. Other county's have totally exhausted this process at every turn around instead of accepting their medicine.

I'm still not quite sure how Mullan got eight weeks when a similar incident earlier in the year only warranted a four week ban. Which was appealed of course, in keeping with the form expected from that particular county. :D :D :D :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

orangeman

Quote from: Will Hunting on June 11, 2009, 10:38:52 AM

Good to hear that Mullan and Doherty both have their bans reduced - justice has been done. In line with what has gone before for Mullan's offence, 4 weeks appears to be the correct sanction.

Mullen's hasn't been reduced  - it wasn't even appealed.

screenexile

Quote from: orangeman on June 11, 2009, 10:50:50 AM
Quote from: Will Hunting on June 11, 2009, 10:38:52 AM

Mullen's hasn't been reduced  - it wasn't even appealed.

It was!

QuoteFrom derrygaa.ie

Doherty & Mullan's suspensions reduced

Senior players, Fergal Doherty and Brian Mullan have had their eight-week suspension halved after an appeal to GAA disciplinary chiefs.

Both Fergal and Brian will miss next weekends Ulster Semi final clash with Tyrone but will be available for any games thereafter.

Good for the team that both players will only be missing for one game but I think Mullan's actions were indefensible and we should have left that suspension alone. I guess the fact that precedent was set earlier in the year for Tommy McGuigan's incident dictated that he should only get 4 weeks instead of the original 8 proposed.

tyronefan

Monaghan is going to be pissed off as Tommy Freeman's 8 weeks was upheld and these 2 are reduced