Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Complete farce. I'm not defending tommy but is a head push, it wasn't a butt, he pushed his face into the Derry players face who hardly felt it, worse than kneeing a player, lying on the ground, into the groin/stomach area with force and intent.

Surely there is a charge for recklessness/intent to injure another player or dangerous play?????

As for comparing Dick to this incedent, he is hard and plays on edge, over it but he never went as far as to injure another player. He'll try to stop them playing with verbals, physcial play but he would never knee a player on the ground.

Complete sc**bag act. 

SidelineKick

Quote from: INDIANA on June 11, 2009, 12:25:11 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on June 11, 2009, 11:28:59 AM
Glad to see this, a fair sentence. Some of the reaction here [even from some Derry posters i might add] is obviously more a result of the hyperbole on TV rather than what actually happened.  GNevin's  'for God's sake would somebody please think of the children' shows just how far some people have lost the run of themselves.

If this is the worst thing thing, or one of the worst things, you've ever seen on a football pitch you obviously haven't played or indeed watched much football.

On the other hand, it IS one of the worst things I've ever saw on the Sunday Game!

How would you know what level of football I've played at?   and that was a disgraceful incident. It was the absolute intent that struck me with the incident. He even had a look around before he did it. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves in Derry.
Quote from: INDIANA on June 11, 2009, 12:25:11 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on June 11, 2009, 11:28:59 AM
Glad to see this, a fair sentence. Some of the reaction here [even from some Derry posters i might add] is obviously more a result of the hyperbole on TV rather than what actually happened.  GNevin's  'for God's sake would somebody please think of the children' shows just how far some people have lost the run of themselves.

If this is the worst thing thing, or one of the worst things, you've ever seen on a football pitch you obviously haven't played or indeed watched much football.

On the other hand, it IS one of the worst things I've ever saw on the Sunday Game!

How would you know what level of football I've played at?   and that was a disgraceful incident. It was the absolute intent that struck me with the incident. He even had a look around before he did it. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves in Derry.

INDIANA please refrain from fabricating things.  There is a short clip of the incident on youtube and he certainly did not have a look around before he did it.

I think he deserved the 8 weeks. I also think McGuigan deserved 8 weeks for his.  But if he only got 4 then I think Derry are correct in appealing to get the same ban.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

INDIANA

Mc Guigan barely made contact for Christs sake. You man knew exactly what he was doing and the absolute intent was there for all to see. The ball was nowhere in the vicinity. You really have some neck appealing an incident like that.  What is the game coming too? The Gaa are worse for even entertaining such an appeal. i wouldn't have let them in the front door.

SidelineKick

Quote from: INDIANA on June 11, 2009, 12:45:56 PM
Mc Guigan barely made contact for Christs sake. You man knew exactly what he was doing and the absolute intent was there for all to see. The ball was nowhere in the vicinity. You really have some neck appealing an incident like that.  What is the game coming too? The Gaa are worse for even entertaining such an appeal. i wouldn't have let them in the front door.

Yes but you also said Mullan "had a look around" before he did it so you're not as clued in as you like to think.

Before you piss yourself in a fit and start having another go read what I am saying:

Mullans behavious was a disgrace, if you go through my posts on the matter I've been very consistent.  He should have got 8 weeks.  Tommy McGuigan kneed Sean Marty in the balls and got 4, therefore I think we've every right to appeal. If Tommy had have got 8 I know we wouldn't have appealed.  Don't start about how hard who was hit, it takes very little to make a man crumple when hit in the stones.

Reported.

bingobus

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 11, 2009, 12:59:59 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on June 11, 2009, 12:45:56 PM

Yes but you also said Mullan "had a look around" before he did it so you're not as clued in as you like to think.

Before you piss yourself in a fit and start having another go read what I am saying:

Mullans behavious was a disgrace, if you go through my posts on the matter I've been very consistent.  He should have got 8 weeks.  Tommy McGuigan kneed Sean Marty in the balls and got 4, therefore I think we've every right to appeal. If Tommy had have got 8 I know we wouldn't have appealed.  Don't start about how hard who was hit, it takes very little to make a man crumple when hit in the stones.

Don't give me that bullshit, a hell of alot of other damage can be done other than make a man "crumble".

INDIANA

Doesn't matter what anyone else done. If your lot had an ounce of integrity they wouldn't have appealed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z4oJdShQHA&feature=related

Oh I'd say he good look round what do you think? He knew exactly where the ref was because he was looking down the pitch as the above shows.

tyrone86

Reading the rules as they are - If you're on the CCCC looking at the videos what suspension do you hit McGuigan with and which do you hit Mullan with?

Category II - 4 weeks
Abusive language towards a Referee, Umpire, Linesman, or Sideline Official; Striking or attempting to strike with hurley, with minimal force; Kicking or attempting to kick, with minimal force; Striking or attempting to strike with arm, elbow, hand or knee; Behaving in any way which is dangerous to an opponent; Spitting at an opponent; Contributing to a melee.

Category III - 8 weeks
Striking with hurley, either with force or causing injury; Attempting to strike with hurley, with force; Kicking, either with force or causing injury; Attempting to Kick, with force; Stamping; Striking or attempting to strike with the head; Inflicting injury recklessly by means other than those stated above; Any type of assault on an Opposing Team Official.

SidelineKick

Quote from: tyrone86 on June 11, 2009, 01:13:44 PM
Reading the rules as they are - If you're on the CCCC looking at the video what suspension do you hit McGuigan with and which do you hit Mullan with?

Category II - 4 weeks
Abusive language towards a Referee, Umpire, Linesman, or Sideline Official; Striking or attempting to strike with hurley, with minimal force; Kicking or attempting to kick, with minimal force; Striking or attempting to strike with arm, elbow, hand or knee; Behaving in any way which is dangerous to an opponent; Spitting at an opponent; Contributing to a melee.

Category III - 8 weeks
Striking with hurley, either with force or causing injury; Attempting to strike with hurley, with force; Kicking, either with force or causing injury; Attempting to Kick, with force; Stamping; Striking or attempting to strike with the head; Inflicting injury recklessly by means other than those stated above; Any type of assault on an Opposing Team Official.

Can see where you're coming from, but I have no doubt Sean Marty wasn't feigning when Tommy kneed him.  How do you define how badly someone is hurt?  The balls are a sensitive area so any contact is extremely painfull.

Quote from: INDIANA on June 11, 2009, 01:07:20 PM
Doesn't matter what anyone else done. If your lot had an ounce of integrity they wouldn't have appealed it.

Oh I'd say he good look round what do you think? He knew exactly where the ref was because he was looking down the pitch as the above shows.

I would say he didn't "have a good look around", he concentrated on the player to get away from him, then unexplicably did what he did.  What annoys me most is that he was on top and was in a position to get up and leave him but he got that dig in before he went.  No excuse for this ever to happen on a football field.  Whatever you think indiana I do not condone this type of behaviour.  I just think if we are able to get the suspension in line with a previous incident i.e. McGuigan's then why not?

Reported.

Main Street

Certainly as some of us might have experienced, a light tap to that sacred sensitive area can cause extreme pain out of proportion to the force inflicted :)

I'd assume that Tommy was done by being deemed to have at least attempted to strike with the head.

offtheground

Interesting to note Woods making it his business to be slabberin to Doherty ~12 - 14 secs into this clip.

Schkite

Quote from: offtheground on June 11, 2009, 02:00:57 PM

Interesting to note Woods making it his business to be slabberin to Doherty ~12 - 14 secs into this clip.

There was slabbering from alot of players from both sides all game, what's your point?

offtheground

Quote from: Schkite on June 11, 2009, 02:11:59 PM
Quote from: offtheground on June 11, 2009, 02:00:57 PM

There was slabbering from alot of players from both sides all game, what's your point?

Just noting that he seemed to make it his business to run several yards over to Doherty and get in his face, unprovoked and to a player that wasn't even involved in the last play. There's no-one suggesting that it didn't come from both sides, so dry your eyes and try cocking your head to one side so the chip on your shoulder doesn't cause you to topple over....

INDIANA

Quote from: Sonny Joe on June 11, 2009, 02:20:36 PM

what is very clear is that Mullan used his knee, what is not clear is the area he hit and that is a major fcator in him either getting the minimun of 4 weeks or eight weeks in this category. Why did his opponent not get a yellow card for an aggressive foul?

Sheer comedy reading through some of the bullshit excuses. Des Bishop has enough material here for an entire comedy hour.

bingobus

Quote from: INDIANA on June 11, 2009, 02:28:48 PM
Quote from: Sonny Joe on June 11, 2009, 02:20:36 PM

what is very clear is that Mullan used his knee, what is not clear is the area he hit and that is a major fcator in him either getting the minimun of 4 weeks or eight weeks in this category. Why did his opponent not get a yellow card for an aggressive foul?

Sheer comedy reading through some of the bullshit excuses. Des Bishop has enough material here for an entire comedy hour.

+1

INDIANA

With over 35 years experience in the Gaa, I don't need to educate myself on the fact that a full force kick in the nuts with the ball nowhere near in the vicinity done with the absolute intent the video CONCLUSIVELY displays supercedes any bullshit about due process, the DRA or any other of these quasi discplinary bodies that were created for county teams to flout the rules of the association in order to get their players off regardless of what the right thing is to do.
end of story.