Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Are there any challenge games planned beforehand? Are Derry playin someone for the opening of the new Owen Roe's pitch in Coleraine? Have Monaghan any challenges planned or is it just training?

whiskeysteve

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 08, 2009, 01:18:26 PM
Are there any challenge games planned beforehand? Are Derry playin someone for the opening of the new Owen Roe's pitch in Coleraine? Have Monaghan any challenges planned or is it just training?

All Ireland Champions Derry play Antrim (its masters football).

How did u hear about the pitch opening GrandMasterFlash? Did you get The Message? We just got the pitch sorted with White Lines there... ho ho ho
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

whiskeysteve

If anyones interested heres details of the official opening of our pitch and new pavillion. Its also the opening weekend of the North West 200 (http://www.northwest200.org/) so Portstewart will be buzzing.

From http://www.eoghanrua.com/

Official opening of our Pitch & Pavilion

Sunday 17th May 2009

MAIN EVENT

DERRY MASTERS v ANTRIM MASTERS

Be sure to be there !!!

1:00pm                  : Assemble

1:15pm - 1:35pm: U10 Football & Hurling

1:40pm - 2:00pm: U12 Football & Hurling

2:30pm - 3:00pm: Official Opening

3:30pm - 3:45pm: Derry & Antrim Masters warm up

4:00pm                  : Derry & Antrim Masters throw in

BBQ  •  Snack Shop  •  Smoothie Bar  •  Bouncy Castles  •  Laser Maze

•  Traditional Music  •  Band
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Tommy Tight Lips

what date do the winners of the monaghan derry game play again?they play winners of tyrone armagh?

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 08, 2009, 01:26:44 PM

All Ireland Champions Derry play Antrim (its masters football).

How did u hear about the pitch opening GrandMasterFlash? Did you get The Message? We just got the pitch sorted with White Lines there... ho ho ho

I play football with an ex-Owen Roe's lad. Good club there. I'm impressed with the junior->intermedaite->senior jump in as many years.. I hear ya give Bellaghy a good oul run for it last week too..

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Tommy Tight Lips on May 08, 2009, 02:01:22 PM
what date do the winners of the monaghan derry game play again?they play winners of tyrone armagh?

-----------------------------------------------------
21/06/09: Tyr/Arm v Derry/Mon

ULSTER CHAMPIONSHIP, SEMI-FINAL
Venue: TBC Date: Sunday, 21 June Throw-in: 1400 BST (Minor 1215) Coverage: Live: Radio Ulster MW and on the BBC NI GAA website
-----------------------------------------------------

Taken from BBC GAA: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/the_championship/7840342.stm

Overthebar!

don't think derry will be playing any challenge games or opening any pitches. dont think the management are into that.

cameltohill

this thread has died a death. wont be near the game myself. £20 is a farce, sit in the house and watch it with the feet up

ExiledGael

Quote from: cameltohill on May 13, 2009, 05:56:58 PM
this thread has died a death. wont be near the game myself. £20 is a farce, sit in the house and watch it with the feet up

That's the spirit.

the green man

Swatragh man in 'Tight with money' shocker!!

Main Street

From infighting to apathy.

£20  ;D

thebandit

Quote from: Main Street on May 13, 2009, 10:01:16 PM
From infighting to apathy.

£20  ;D

And we have to pay more...

Looking forward to this, btw what are Derry minors like?

Maguire01

wont be near the game myself. £20 is a farce, sit in the house and watch it with the feet up
Terrace tickets are £13.
But anyway, many people who will complain about £20 on the Sunday will have gone out and spent twice that on the Saturday night.

Oakleafer93

How much was the stand tickets for the League games, eg in healy Park, we were at the terraces I think they wer a 10er.

timmyot501

So the prices have taken up most of this weeks debate on this thread. Back to the match itself. Will there be many changes to the starting line ups from the league finals.  I can't see monaghan making many. JP to start at full back if fully fit, Ronaghan maybe at FF but I doubt that.  I would pick McBennett in goals. He played against Dublin in a challenge recently and was always looking for varied kick outs against a strong wind. If midfield wins as many balls as usual we will need plenty of quick / short kick outs during the match.