Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon ears

Ronan mc guckin is over derrylaughan Karl Conlon is coach.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Tommo2 on February 24, 2011, 08:03:49 AM
Any word on when the league fixtures/start dates will be announced. I thought it was usually the middle of February.
[/quote
-think they are waiting on clubs to forward their dates for free Sundays before they are released

Hilltresk

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on February 20, 2011, 10:38:35 PM
Tyrone senior scor winners tonight were Killyclogher 2 dancing titles , sketch , and ballad group , Dromore instrumental music , Trillick solosinging, Kildress quiz and recition.

Heard the solo singing was a bit of a fix "The Fields of Athenry " seriously a drunk man at a Celtic match could have sang that song regardless of the ability of the singer. Is it any wonder there is general apathy by certain clubs when it comes to participating the whole point should be putting your best foot forward so that Tyrone's Scor representatives do well on the provincial/national stage. P.S. Well done to Edendork instrumental group All Ireland champions !

rrhf

There does seem to be a massive Omagh, Drumragh, Killyclogher influence.  Id imagine it would be tough for other clubs to bring the dominance. 

WeeDonns

I would hardly say there's a 'massive' Drumragh influence. The musicians have put a lot of effort in over the past few years, with some success. This was the first year they entered dancers.

afaik Killyclogher are the only club in the county that enter in every competition in Scór na nÓg and Scór Sinsear so it can be expected that they will have some dominance as they clearly put a lot of effort in.
It's a pity all clubs don't put in a similar effort, as I'm sure the most of them have plenty of talented musicians/singers/dancers/actors within their membership, but maybe just don't have someone with the enthusiasm to coordinate it all.

Its a good way for members who don't play football to represent their club

Hilltresk

Suppose it was a bit of a rant ! Killyclogher do put a serious effort into Scor and deserve credit as does everyone who participates helping perserve our culture.

Team named for Sunday versus Sligo,

1   Jonathan Curran
2   Aidan McCrory
3   Cathal McCarron
4   Dermot Carlin
5   Davy Harte
6   Conor Gormley
7   Ryan McMenamin
8   Kevin Hughes
9   Niall McKenna
10   Peter Harte
11   Brian McGuigan
12  Sean Cavanagh
13  Martin Penrose
14  Stephen O'Neill
15  Enda McGinley

———————–

16  Pascal McConnell
17  Aidan Cassidy
18  Colm Cavanagh
19  Mark Donnelly
20  Damien McCaul
21  Stephen McNally
22  Patrick McNiece
23  P.J. Quinn
24  Martin Swift
25  Owen Mulligan
26  Sean O'Neill

Hopefully a win is on the cards and well done to the U21's winning Cremartin Cup hopefully not the last one they lift this year.

KIDDO 4

Tyrone  won 5 events at the Ulster scor semi finals last night at Dun Uladh , Killyclogher  celi dancing, set dancing,  novelty and ballad , with Dromore  defeating  All Ireland championsDerrygonnelly  to qualify for the instrumental  music final.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Man Marker

Any word on the league fixtures yet?

MR99

All very quiet on the club front here, whats the latest gossip?  All clubs should be back training now and playing friendlies, has any of the big clubs lost men?

Massey-135

Quote from: Hilltresk on February 24, 2011, 01:45:13 PM
Quote from: KIDDO 4 on February 20, 2011, 10:38:35 PM
Tyrone senior scor winners tonight were Killyclogher 2 dancing titles , sketch , and ballad group , Dromore instrumental music , Trillick solosinging, Kildress quiz and recition.

Heard the solo singing was a bit of a fix "The Fields of Athenry " seriously a drunk man at a Celtic match could have sang that song regardless of the ability of the singer. Is it any wonder there is general apathy by certain clubs when it comes to participating the whole point should be putting your best foot forward so that Tyrone's Scor representatives do well on the provincial/national stage. P.S. Well done to Edendork instrumental group All Ireland champions !

The Fields of Athenry? Christ, that's a bit of a cliche. I was at the first two west Tyrone rounds of Scor, but wasn't at the final. The solo singing tends to bore the arse of me the way they just churn out songs like the Fields of Athenry etc. One year I heard three different entrants sing a Song for Ireland! Scor might be about celebrating these old traditions but I think it's far too conservative in general. Kildress' recitation is a similar story, some young fella bleating out Robert Emmet's oration before he was hung? Gimme a break. There was a couple of far more interesting original poems that should have won in my opinion. A Dromore man, think he was called McQuaid, had a great poem he wrote called Contentment.

I thought Killyclogher's novelty act was good but they lifted two or three Leslie Nielsen jokes straight out of Airplane, anyone know did they keep them for the final? Thing is no-one even laughed at those parts when I seen them, I think most people realised they were lifted! Eglish's sketch about the farmer and the tax man was brilliant I thought, the farmer was first class

DownFanatic

Anybody know the dimensions of Beragh's pitch or what size it is? Thanks.

stalwart

beraghs pitch is tight , superb facilities though

ziggysego

I see in the email from the Ulster Herald about tomorrow's paper, that the Championship has been put back until August.
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Copied and pasted from teamtalk.com

The plan definately is a big improvement from previous efforts however a Championship opener in late July appears strange considering this was previously blocked out for the 'holiday period'?

The master plan for fixtures for this year has been agreed and passed by the County Board and will now come into place. Drumragh man Adrian O'Kane and former county player Patsy Hetherington were two of the main movers in formulating this plan which will hopefully ensure consistency of fixtures for all clubs and a more uniform approach to games. The plan had been widely acclaimed by clubs and now that it has been accepted by the County Committee the full list and schedule of fixtures should follow shortly.

The All County League will commence on the 17th of April and will continue until the 8th of July by which time all clubs should have completed thirteen games. There will then be a break for holidays and the league will resume on the 24th of July. Under this visionary plan the opening rounds of the Junior, Intermediate and Senior Championships is pencilled in for the 29th of July by which stage it is expected that all clubs will have played fourteen league games.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone