Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stillsenior

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on October 01, 2010, 04:53:27 PM
Omagh suspensions upheld. Carmen to win comfortably I'd say.

Tyrone Gaa  "After taking legal advice the Tyrone CCC in conjunction with the Tyrone County Chairman Ciaran McLaughlin have decided to postpone the Target Express Senior Football Championship Semi Final between Omagh and Carrickmore until after a DRA hearing which is expected to take place in the incoming week."

Does the CCC and/or County board think they may have got it wrong?

TYRONE HACK

Typical Omagh, get to a semi-final and cause bother, do the crime do the time, criers always

orangeman

Omagh must have some money behind them to be taking this to the DRA.

It would take a few £ to take it this route.

Meanwhile football is on hold.

Did the reserve championship at least get the go ahead ?

stillsenior

Quote from: orangeman on October 01, 2010, 08:25:26 PM
Omagh must have some money behind them to be taking this to the DRA.

It would take a few £ to take it this route.

Meanwhile football is on hold.

Did the reserve championship at least get the go ahead ?

If it is as expensive as you suggest then maybe Omagh feel that it is worth the expense

loughshore lad

Where is all these appeals etc going to end.

Omagh aren't doing themselves many favours.

Puckoon

Quote from: loughshore lad on October 01, 2010, 09:00:15 PM

They're not, no. I am sure however they won't care too much either, if they feel they have grounds for appeal. Unfortunatley Mickey and the County Senior team set the precendent for this appeal carry on and as you ask - where will it all end?

orangeman

Quote from: Puckoon on October 01, 2010, 09:03:32 PM
Quote from: loughshore lad on October 01, 2010, 09:00:15 PM

They're not, no. I am sure however they won't care too much either, if they feel they have grounds for appeal. Unfortunatley Mickey and the County Senior team set the precendent for this appeal carry on and as you ask - where will it all end?

I can't recall Mickey holding up any senior championship games but I could be wrong.

You'd wonder at the merits of going to the DRA after having failed at county and provincial level.

But fair play to them if they succeed.

County board won't be happy campers.

Puckoon

Not holding up the games - but the culture of appeal must be laid at the door of MH on many levels.

orangeman

Quote from: Puckoon on October 01, 2010, 09:34:18 PM
Not holding up the games - but the culture of appeal must be laid at the door of MH on many levels.

Jeez lads, but I can't believe the criticism MH gets - now he's responsible for the appeal culture ( I didn't realise there was a culture of appeal - it's been a while since I heard the DRA being talked about ). MH didn't cause the DRA to be set up. Far from it in my view.

MH's players have made appeals as is their right. Omagh are doing the same as is their right and I hope they succeed.

Tyrone supporters weren't unhappy any time an appeal was successful.

Puckoon

Quote from: orangeman on October 01, 2010, 09:41:20 PM

Jeez lads, but I can't believe the criticism MH gets - now he's responsible for the appeal culture ( I didn't realise there was a culture of appeal - it's been a while since I heard the DRA being talked about ). MH didn't cause the DRA to be set up. Far from it in my view.

MH's players have made appeals as is their right. Omagh are doing the same as is their right and I hope they succeed.

I wasnt proud of a couple of the appeals, I'm sure I posted it on here. It's not a big criticism - but Mickey was a big fan of leaving no stone unturned in the pursuit of appealing a suspension - rightly or wrongly he was.

Would you have heard of a club going this far to appeal a suspension 10 years ago? One way or another it's becomming much more commonplace in the association now.

viiv

After taking legal advice the Tyrone CCC in conjunction with the Tyrone County Chairman Ciaran McLaughlin have decided to postpone the Target Express Senior Football Championship Semi Final between Omagh and Carrickmore until after a DRA hearing which is expected to take place in the incoming week.

This game is re fixed for Saturday 9th October 2010, 4.30pm In Pomeroy

clarshack

omagh should take their suspensions and get on with it. i'm sure they have a big enough squad to choose from.

they've appealed twice (and lost) what more do they want?

if they feel they've been hard done by then use it as motivation. a team with a chip on their shoulders will have more bite about them.

everybody will want to see them beat now that they have went to the DRA.

clarshack

Quote from: Puckoon on October 01, 2010, 09:55:20 PM

I wasnt proud of a couple of the appeals, I'm sure I posted it on here. It's not a big criticism - but Mickey was a big fan of leaving no stone unturned in the pursuit of appealing a suspension - rightly or wrongly he was.

Would you have heard of a club going this far to appeal a suspension 10 years ago? One way or another it's becomming much more commonplace in the association now.

i'd say the one that would stick out would be ricey doing mcentee in the 2005 ulster final replay.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Puckoon on October 01, 2010, 09:55:20 PM

Would the Tyrone county board have been handing out suspensions based on video evidence 10 years ago? Is there a proper and transparent way its used? Is every senior championship match watched and scrutinised by a commitee or just high profile incidents? I don't blame Omagh just like I believe Tyrone were correct in their appeals.

tyroneboi

You hope they succeed? On what grounds do you hope they win? They should take their punishment like the vast majority of clubs have over the years and play the semi final.