Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarterback

Quote from: BRACKAVILLE07CHAMPS on May 09, 2007, 12:23:30 PM
wats the storey with the minor championship match brackaville v galbally fighting is it going to be replayed..

Ill tell you the story, yous are a d**ty shower of fu***rs thats wat the story is.  Your fans come to games with hurley bats jump the fence and start kicking lumps out of players on the field.  Thats the strory wit your club, its a mess, the people in charge are a mess and your fans cant be controlled.

Apoloigies on my language regular posters but when someone close to you comes home after a game and their back is black and blue with a hurley bat......it aint so nice....

goal and a point

was there not an incident posted on this thread last year concerning management from the senior Brackaville team hitting a player from the opposition team - cant mind who it was against maybe Eskra but it certainly sets a great example to the youth of the club if this is happening and especially supporters getting invovled. I always remember it as a hostile place to visit.

KIDDO

No with 2 yellow cards you can play in the next championship game , providing you have  not been sent off   for 2 yellow cards within the previous 48 weeks.

ziggysego

QuoteO'Neill and Penrose miss opener  

Tyrone boss Mickey Harte has revealed attackers Stephen O'Neill and Martin Renrose will definitely miss the 20 May Championship clash with Fermanagh.

O'Neill is struggling with a hamstring injury, while Penrose was carried off during a club game with knee damage.

Harte admitted he was worried about the blow to Aghyaran club man Penrose.

"I think it is a lateral ligament in his knee. It could be as long as 10 weeks. Hopefully it will not be as long as that," said the Red Hands supremo.

"It certainly will be a minimum of six weeks so it puts him out of the Fermanagh game, and probably whatever game we play after that."

A number of other Tyrone men are rated as doubtful for the Clones clash.

"Owen Mulligan has a hamstring injury and Raymond Mulgrew has a knee problem and both are serious doubts," added Harte.

"Joe McMahon has a shoulder injury, which I do not think is as serious as the other ones, but it is going to curtail him.

"Kelvin Hughes has injured his ankle, Mickey McGee has a sore shoulder. It sounds like a litany of stuff, but it is a fact.

"There are about eight players at the moment who, if the game was tomorrow, would not be able to play."

Harte did not rule out a place on the bench for Brian McGuigan, who last played for Tyrone in the 2005 All-Ireland final, and has been out action for more than a year after breaking a leg.

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6640125.stm
Testing Accessibility

realredhandfan

Too many games played too early in the season for a lot of the older guys anyway.  Its a miserable way to start the championship as underdogs to Fermanagh agh sure we'll give it a go.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laceer

Lamh Dhearg Alba

If Mulligan is a serious doubt with a hamstring injury why was he lining out with a heavily strapped leg for his club at the weekend? :o :o I know it was a big weekend for the clubs but come on.....we need to be looking at the bigger picture.

oakleaf stateside

Can someone tell me who kieran mc cabe (aka bullshit mc cabe) is? i heard he scored 1:06 against carmen at the weekend. And then just 2 day i also heard he was going 2 take a spot for Tyrone this year
Dont Do It

neutral

Teamtalk issue 4 received and read. the quality is second to none congratulations to the Curran brothers who do so much to support Gaelic games in Tyrone.  Noel Mc Ginns mourning for Carmen is a wee bit ott though. Interesting article on Paddy Tally too. 

Final Whistle

Can someone tell me who kieran mc cabe (aka bullshit mc cabe) is? i heard he scored 1:06 against carmen at the weekend. And then just 2 day i also heard he was going 2 take a spot for Tyrone this year

I know him!!!!! :(Horrors of a lad!!!! >:( Not long back in Ireland. Could not score in a you know what!!!! Actually lives in Collegeland just over the Armagh border!!!!!

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: hardstation on May 10, 2007, 02:33:01 AM
The one thing that Tyrone have had over the last 4/5 years, is strength in depth. Right enough, there have been a number of injuries this year (especially in the forward line) but why injured players have to be played is beyond me. Mulligan is not a necessity. Altough he has a few moments of magic, I would have thought that he would have been fighting for his place this year even if he was at full fitness. There has to be players on the panel that are very disappointed with his selection.

Strength in depth wasnt too obvious last summer though :-\ Tyrone do have plenty options but theyre like any other side, take away a few key men and theyre in trouble. Now I accept Mulligan hasnt had a great year and isnt that consistent but he's a big game player who has shown in the past that he can deliver at the highest level. With O'Neill apparently out for the 20th we could be doing with having Mugsy available. If he is in anyway doubtful he shouldnt have been lining out for his club at the weekend.

EC Unique

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on May 10, 2007, 12:44:58 PM
The one thing that Tyrone have had over the last 4/5 years, is strength in depth. Right enough, there have been a number of injuries this year (especially in the forward line) but why injured players have to be played is beyond me. Mulligan is not a necessity. Altough he has a few moments of magic, I would have thought that he would have been fighting for his place this year even if he was at full fitness. There has to be players on the panel that are very disappointed with his selection.

Strength in depth wasnt too obvious last summer though :-\ Tyrone do have plenty options but theyre like any other side, take away a few key men and theyre in trouble. Now I accept Mulligan hasnt had a great year and isnt that consistent but he's a big game player who has shown in the past that he can deliver at the highest level. With O'Neill apparently out for the 20th we could be doing with having Mugsy available. If he is in anyway doubtful he shouldnt have been lining out for his club at the weekend.

It is unfair to say this. His club may be as important to him as the county or maybe more. I know that in our club the county lads would do anything for us. Wee pete was a prime example of that. On many occasion he has stated he would choose club over county anyday. This is how it should be. Remember where all these players started!!

goal and a point

Mulligans club must have become very important only this year then. I ma sure the cookstown people hardly think he would do anything for them. Sure didnt he leave them and go to America last year when they were struggling in the league. - not that i would begrudge anyone a summer in the USA

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: EC Unique on May 10, 2007, 02:01:54 PM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on May 10, 2007, 12:44:58 PM

It is unfair to say this. His club may be as important to him as the county or maybe more. I know that in our club the county lads would do anything for us. Wee pete was a prime example of that. On many occasion he has stated he would choose club over county anyday. This is how it should be. Remember where all these players started!!

I respect the clubs but like I said earlier sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture. At this moment in time Tyrone have a panel capable of winning the All-Ireland....that hasnt been the case very often and in a few years we'll almost certainly be back down amongst the also runs. We need to be making the most of what we have at our disposal during this "golden era". No point in shooting ourselves in the foot by playing key men who are carrying injuries in club games a couple of weeks before the championship.