cookstown beat pomeroy by 4
clonoe beat carrickmore by 4

laceer

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 06, 2007, 08:58:22 PM
Quote from: laceer on May 06, 2007, 08:56:43 PM
cookstown beat pomeroy by 4
clonoe beat carrickmore by 4
What?  :o

Penrose was stretchered off with a knee injury, possibly damaged ligaments - had an ice pack on his right knee after the match.

clonoe played better football than carrickmore.first half clonoe dominated the middle.they got 2 goals-one an own goal from a cmore defender.he kicked a free from 21 yrds out into his own goal when trying to pass to the keeper..colly doris and shane o hagan were excellent.half time was somethin like 2-1 to a point to clonoe.

as expected in the second half carrickmore came right back and scored 7 or 8 points on the trot.game was level when the eugene mcconnell show kicked into action.he had been whistling,ticking,yellow carding,slowing the game up.the unlucky player who got his 2nd yellow was conor gormley.cmore might have went a point up but clonoe scored a goal and 2-3 points to finish the game off.

standard wasn't brilliant but was a good hard committed affair and clonoe deserved to win.was standin beside a few carrickmore one's and they seemed to be of the opinion that they just weren't good enough.took the defeat graciously...but they gave mconnell some stick  :o

clarshack

the ref in the clonoe carmen game tonight was the same ref in the stewartstown v loughmacrory game 2 weeks ago. he ticked/booked practically every player on the field that night as well.

Flirtyflan

realredhandfan

Its tough on a great club like carmen to be out in May, they fought creditably back in the second half - their team played wonderful football to get back into the game and lead by one for it all to go away again.  All in all  three mistakes put them out -   the first and third goal were ridiculous - I dont think Im ott by saying I never seen a Carmen team defend  so irresponsibly.  Conor made a mistake and had to go - for a high but not particulaly dangerous tackle.  As for Clonoe they say you make your luck, Last year i watched a Clonoe team nearly take Errigal,  they deserve enormous credit for defeating Carrickmore, in actual fact they out physicaled the strongest team in Tyrone, they certainly got away with some of the holding off the ball by their defense and I think the full back only got caught once, but sure thats what you need to do to beat the best, and they showed that they will be a contender this year.  Their attitude is second to none as shown when Carmen turned up the pressure, they responded to take the game.  Many other teams would wilt.  Is the very real prospect of a FIANNA V CLONOE final on the cards again.  What a final that would be!  With the Moy faring well could it be argued that the East is on fire!           

snappiered

Coalisland were by far and away the best team of the weekend. Moving on, any of our Ardboe posters got any up to date info on Brian Mc Guigan? How close is he to returning

sam03/05

dont know if anyone else saw it last night but I was standing on the far side of the pitch behind the Carmen dugout.
Conor Gormley made a complete show of himself. After he was sent off called the linesman a w&%ker, had a go at an official. Told him that he was a dead man, that "if he ever came to Clogher again he was f*ucking dead". He then proceeded to punch the advertising boards about 3 or 4 times shouting f&ck. he kicked and punched the concrete dugout. Is this any worse than what Paddy Bradley did? Amyway he bahaved like a complete idiot and I have lost a lot of respect for the man.

Flirtyflan

Seemingly this is the third time Mr Gormley has been sent off in his career, with the referee on all 3 occassions the one and only Mr Eugene Mc Connell. So I guess he is a little up-set at the coincidence :(

realredhandfan

I seen nothing like that at all sam and unless you want this to turn into the  Derry thread take that crap down..

Quarterback

All in all, this weekends fixtures didnt really do much to make the hair stand on the back of your neck....Being a neutral of course this may have been hard but i think of all the football i seen at the weekend, Dromore looked sharpest.  

Coalisland v Omagh

Starting before then the fianna defeated a very poor omagh team..  There had been some hype with a 10-1 price being offered on omagh beforehand, but in truth they peformed poorly.  The lack of real scoring forwards seemed to hinder any prospect of omagh progressing.  Coalisland on the other hand played some nice football.  Conor Bayne turned in a super preformance and rarley if at all did he concede possession.  Its hard to judge coalisland on this game as omagh were so poor, although they will have a say in the later months.  A returning gerard toner and stephen mc niece should help their cause.

realredhandfan

Tyrone senior championship  / first round draw and predictions:
I dont see any very close games here except for Kildress and Moy; Edendork and Gortin and Donaghmore and Clonoe perhaps.
Kildress v Moy - Moy
Dromore v Galbally - Dromore
Ardboe v Cookstown - Ardboe
Kileeshill v E/Ciarian - E/C
Loughmacrory v Coalisland - Coalisland
Edendork v Gortin - Edendork
Donaghmore v Clonoe - Clonoe
Killyclogher v Dungannon - Killyclogher

I believe there are up to 9 teams left from 16 in what could be the most open championship yet all of who have shown glimpses /capabilities in the past few years of at least reaching a championship final.   

amongthebushes

seen nothing like that at all sam and unless you want this to turn into the  Derry thread take that crap down..

realredhandfan, in fairness to sam03/05, I seen Conor Gormleys antics as well. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing but respect for the man, but the crowd beside me were all having a laugh at him, as sam said, he made a complete show of himself. He had a go at the 4th official a couple of times before punching boards on the fence and kicking down fences. Hardly a fine example to set. On another note, people are talking this Coalisland team up to much I think. Omagh gave the young island players far to much room, I cant recall one hard hit in the whole match, to much space for a championship match. Will be interesting to see how they react in a tough nip and tuck atmosphere.

snappiered

How much will the island beat Loughmacrory by? It seems to be a very straight forward game for them. The Lough are just a average 1B side.

clarshack

fianna will beat loughmacrory by about 5 or 6 points. ardboe will beat cookstown by 6 or 7 points.
by the way why have donaghmore people became so much more arrogant in the last few years? they used to be nice humble people!

realredhandfan

Clarshack - explain your comments.