Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: glencullrule on April 24, 2007, 10:52:20 AM
mark loughran and tommy hackett were weak links in the forwards . where coalisland at full strength as were were only missing wee pete

Can't agree that Mark Loughran was weak link. He handled more ball than any other forward and rarely wasted it. You are right about Tommy Hackett. We were missing more than Pete, -- Paul Quinn, Eoin Gormley, Damian Neill, and Paul Horisk would all be pushing for a starting place :-\
It was a good improvement but more is needed and I would expect a much better challange from Coalisland in Championship.

realredhandfan

A fine result for Errigal ciaran,  Coalisland must have been shocking. The old championship is approaching fast.  Anybody any predictions.

laceer

division 2 looks to be very competitive.my own club killyman had a good win over strabane on sunday after 2 disappointing performances v augher and greencastle.are there any other div 2 clubmen on here?how are you getting on so far?does anyone know when the intermediate championship is due to start?

realredhandfan

What about young Boyle - Conor not turbo.  Is he gonna do the business this year for ye. a fine player.

glencullrule

missing wee pete up front. i would never think we werent missing quinno. neil might get it tuogh for starting with mallon playing rightly. unique is there any changes you would make. who is go till go for canavan and who is going till go for quinno.

EC Unique

Quote from: glencullrule on April 24, 2007, 11:26:10 AM
unique is there any changes you would make. who is go till go for canavan and who is going till go for quinno.
Stephen Quinn out to let Pete in, Its a tough call who to drop for Paul Quinn. It would be either Ciaran McG or Brian Mullan but hard to choose. Would have Damian neill in for Seamus if fittness allows. Would also put Paul Horisk or Eoin Gormley in for Tommy Hackett. John Kelly has to be considered if fit as well. If we had a full fit panel there would be a few men that would be unlucky not to start but this is not a bad complaint.

realredhandfan

Championship predictions:

Friday 4th May @ Edendork
Ardboe v Stewartstown @ 7:00pm Ardboe by 7

Friday 4th May @ Augher
Coalisland v Omagh @ 7:00pm Coalisland by 6

Saturday 5th May @ An Charraig Mhór
Killyclogher v Derrylaughan @ 5:00pm Killyclogher by 8
Errigal Ciarán v Clann na nGael @ 6:30pm Errigal Ciaran by 9

Sunday 6th May @ Fintona
Moy v Aygharan @ 1:30pm Moy by 4
Trillick v Dromore @ 3:00pm Dromore by 9

Sunday 6th May @ Dungannon
Cookstown v Pomeroy @ 5:30pm Cookstown by 3
An Charraig Mhór v Clonoe @ 7:00pm Carmen by 1

glencullrule

stephen quinn should not even be in the panel. but would have mccrory in wing forward rather than the middle. pistol is too slow with enda in the middle. i feel mcginley offers more than mullin he can score. i stil would keep davy in the centre and allow quinn til roam forward from wing back.

snappiered

Enjoyed the game last night. Only a friend rung me to tell me it was on I wouldnt have known. Are there any games on tonight for neutrals to go to. Is the Loughmacrory Stewartstown game definately on? What would it be like? Who would be the stand out players? Any predictions?

tyroneman

O'Neill fitness blow for Tyrone 

Stephen O'Neill is among several Tyrone injury worries
Stephen O'Neill is a fitness doubt for Tyrone's Bank of Ireland Ulster SFC opener against Fermanagh on May 20.
Former footballer of the year O'Neill damaged a hamstring in training and is awaiting the results of a scan.

It's the latest in a rash of injuries which have afflicted the Red Hands in recent times.

Brian McGuigan has suffered a setback in his recovery from a broken leg while Sean Cavanagh missed Tyrone's last three NFL games due to a foot injury.

Kavanagh has resumed light training with his club Moy after having the cast removed from his injury.

He travelled to Birmingham over the weekend to a rehabilitation centre to get his foot looked at.

Taken from BBC website - doesn't look good.

What's the story with Mugsy? Did he appeal the red? Will he get the concurrent penalty and miss the Fermanagh game?

chuck hughes

Though Errigal were impresive lads night, but as an island man was disappointed as know we are capable of much more. We'd a very young side out, some making their debuts (with maybe 8 U21 in the starting 15). However, we were missing a few, thornton,pete campbell, hamsey,mc neice,jp kane, marty hughes.We'd a few chances on goal though spledid defence on errigals behave with timely blocks from mc ginley in particular which might have got us back into the game. Good to see John Devine back though!

laceer

Quote from: realredhandfan on April 24, 2007, 11:22:20 AM
What about young Boyle - Conor not turbo.  Is he gonna do the business this year for ye. a fine player.

connor would tell u himself that he hasn't been playing his best this past year or so..he's still worth 5 points a game when he's not playin well tho.he had a mighty game on sunday.scored 7 and played as well as he has done for a good while.we'd still be a bit light through injuries,men away working etc Things look a lot brighter after sunday. Turbo still turns out for the over 25's on boxing day-he could still kick a bit  ;D

SuperHans

Is Martin McStravog still playin away? He was a deadly minor back in 2001.

ziggysego

Greencastle minors beat Omagh last night at Healy Park.
Testing Accessibility

Goats Do Shave

Wouldn't be too worried about Stevie. He never stripped out at the week end...but he didnt seem to be limping, which would suggest its only a strain.