Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Don't be cheeky tieroan. Nothing wrong with Ladies Football.
Testing Accessibility

Carmenaris

Tieroan you are a cheeky sort. Ladies football is very highly thought off in this part of the world! Beside Seamus and Kevin McNally are assistants to Curley McAleer so his progression from All Ireland Final to Ladies manager is not yet complete :D

Seriuosly though Seamus has been and still is involved with the Tyrone development squads and does sterling work around the club. That comment may be a little unfair. What has Coalislands own Sid Corr put back into his club?

tieroan

Another Carmen poster getting his (her) knickers in a twist. I was only messing with you and it was a defensive comment I was looking from Wee Roddy anyway. I am sure Seamus does do sterling work at underage level but I just thought he would be involved with an adult senior team or something along them lines.

tieroan

Congrats t oour neighbouring clubs, Naomh Mhuire. I wonder is an almalgamation at senior level a viable possibility?

young anail

Its bound to happen sooner or latter tieroan. Both of them are struggling. Apparently the Parish Priest of Dungannon asked the congregation one sunday about two months ago, is there any footballers in the parish? At this stage it was after 2 or 3 league games and Dungannon, Edendork, and Killyman were bottom of their divisions(i suppose Clonmore weren't going great in Armagh also)
Fr Rice might ask the same question soon the way the island are going!!

tieroan

Come on now, after last year we all know that the Fianna are a championship team after last year ;)

amigo

Quote from: tieroan on June 12, 2008, 02:24:38 PM
Congrats t oour neighbouring clubs, Naomh Mhuire. I wonder is an almalgamation at senior level a viable possibility?

Somebody told me today that the Naomh Mhuire team was made up of all Edendork players! I dont know how true this is. Nice achievement for the two clubs all the same!

KIDDO 4

Victory follows last  years feile victory at u14 level.

orangeman

Any word if there is league matches next week or what ? Another round of under 21s on Tuesday night ?

ziggysego

Nothing scheduled to-date orangeman... so at least last night.
Testing Accessibility

laceer

Quote from: amigo on June 12, 2008, 02:55:40 PM

Somebody told me today that the Naomh Mhuire team was made up of all Edendork players! I dont know how true this is. Nice achievement for the two clubs all the same!

Definitely not - fair enough Edendork do provide the bulk of players for Naomh Mhuire but that's to be expected considering the size of their club/catchment area compared to ours'.A few years back Laghey (Killyman) Primary School had 1 boy in P1 and P2.We have good years and bad years in terms of young players coming through.There are 5/6 lads who will make the breakthrough to Seniors in the next year or two and then we mightn't have anyone new for the next 3 or 4 years-thats the way things are.

As for combining at Senior level - won't happen. Killyman may be getting it tight in Senior this year and most likely will be relegated but are a good div 2 side with everyone out.I know it's an old excuse but we were slaughtered with injuries last year.Fintan McVeigh,Peter McGahan,Colm McVeigh,Paul McVeigh,Shane McGahan,Ryan Hughes were all missing for large parts of the season. In fact, only Colm and Paul McVeigh are playing regularly this year.

The year before last,with mostly the same team,we were pushing for the div 2 league and reached the semi final of the championship.

Aside from that, although Killyman and Edendork join up at youth, there would still be a derby type rivalry at senior level.Neither side would want to lose to the other and give up bragging rights!!

orangeman

Quote from: laceer on June 13, 2008, 12:27:24 AM
Quote from: amigo on June 12, 2008, 02:55:40 PM

Definitely not - fair enough Edendork do provide the bulk of players for Naomh Mhuire but that's to be expected considering the size of their club/catchment area compared to ours'.A few years back Laghey (Killyman) Primary School had 1 boy in P1 and P2.We have good years and bad years in terms of young players coming through.There are 5/6 lads who will make the breakthrough to Seniors in the next year or two and then we mightn't have anyone new for the next 3 or 4 years-thats the way things are.

As for combining at Senior level - won't happen. Killyman may be getting it tight in Senior this year and most likely will be relegated but are a good div 2 side with everyone out.I know it's an old excuse but we were slaughtered with injuries last year.Fintan McVeigh,Peter McGahan,Colm McVeigh,Paul McVeigh,Shane McGahan,Ryan Hughes were all missing for large parts of the season. In fact, only Colm and Paul McVeigh are playing regularly this year.

The year before last,with mostly the same team,we were pushing for the div 2 league and reached the semi final of the championship.

Aside from that, although Killyman and Edendork join up at youth, there would still be a derby type rivalry at senior level.Neither side would want to lose to the other and give up bragging rights!!

Killyman beat Moortown in the intermediate final last year - Moortown would have been considered a decent side - so I think Killyman have proved their credentials and just because they are struggling in division 1 doesn't mean they need to team up with Edendork or anybody else for that matter. I've no doubt that in years to come they will have to team up with someone, just like Ardboe might have to link up with Moortown etc etc

on the sideline

How many teams qualify from each group  for the legue cup, is it just group winners or top two?

DirtyDozen12

I hear the Div 3 League game between Clogher vs Augher (reserves & seniors) is being played tonight at 6.45 and 8.00.

Can anyone confirm this is definately the case?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

goal and a point