Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

I think Dromore will win this league,  they are the best county champions since Errigal last won the Ulster championship and so If they want to theyll win the league at a canter.  Errigal are not the force they used to be and should be cannon fodder for them this weekend, but they will face a tougher test from a  Carmen team who will raise their game for them.  Couldnt see anything but a Dromore win this weekend wee roddy.   

Wee Roddy

RRHF I have to disagree strongly. I do not think Dromore are the best county champions from 2002. They may win the league because they have been training harder than the other two teams left. One is completley taking the county final as a true reflection on Tyrone football. Only for a few poor refereeing decisons Kildress would have dumped Dromore out and they struggled for long periods against Cookstown for god sake. I honestly think that Donaghmore would have beat them or a Paul Quinn inspired Errigal.

Zapatista

Wee Roddy, you can't seriously be telling us Kildress and Cookstown are as good as Dromore? Are you taking the Kildress match and "long periods" of the Cookstown game "as a true reflection on Tyrone football"?

new devil

Well kildress were missing 5 players... i think wee roddy is right,theres no way Dromore are the best county champions since Errigal 02,when has a team had an easier route to the final?? and then play a team who left there balls at home

Aaron Boone

Dromore now have a certain swagger about them, now that the curse shackles are gone.
Although they did have a pretty easy route to the 2007 final, they'd despatch Kildress & co a bit easier now.
It's all in the mind  :)

KIDDO

2007Tyrone senior championship winners  Dromore , not Carrickmore Roddy, and we emulated  Carrickmore by reaching the Ulster club semi final ,we also managed to defeat Mayobridge , which Carrickmore failed to do on two different occasions.

goal and a point

How did Carmen ladies do last night Roddy

rrhf

Dromore have produced the complete county final performance and they defeated Mayobridge over 2 games and they should have taken Cross by all accounts.  On paper that makes them as good if not better than any team since 2002 that Tyrone have produced.  I would say with the monkey off their back and with Carmen, Ardboe and Errigal in transition Coalisland in trouble; and Donaghmore a few steps off the pace they can and probably will do 2 in a row.  However I qualify that by saying I think a Dromore Carmen league final will be a must see game and may indicate what level Carmen are at in terms of Dromore.  Another arguement would be that with so many half decent teams and less games in the championship next year there should be an exciting first round draw with some of the big guns bound to draw each other.  In that case next years championship could be the most exciting in years with 4 + teams capable of seizing the silver.   

ballygawleyman

it is hard to know which team was better, the standard of club football in tyrone this year wasnt good. i would safely say the errigal team of 2006 and the carmen team of 2004 that beat donaghmore in the quarter final were two of the best. but then again its hard to know. last year we got to the semi final of ulster and lost, we should have won the 1st day and not forced a replay. carmen also got to the ulster club semi final in 2004 and lost by a point to mayobridge. i think wel give dromore a rattle on sunday and set up a nice derby league final

Wee Roddy

RRHF I never said that Dromore were not worthy champions, infact no one can say they did not deserve it. But i would agree with you in the fact that next years championship will improve because it is down to 16 teams.

Errigal will love you talking about a Dromore v Carmen league final. I think people really do not understand how understrenght Errigal were in this years championship. It all depends on their attitude this weekend but is Enda McGinley getting married this weekend?

I did not even know the ladies were playing last night. Was it a league game? Will find out

EC Unique

Yea Roddy, Enda is getting married on Friday I think. Personally I don't really care for the league this year.
Playing league football in late November/earlier December is a bit of a joke. Sure it would be nice if we won it but I will not loose any sleep over it. I would expect our boys to be up against it on Sunday. Expect Errigal to be very different next year but competitive as usual. ;)

orangeman

Errigal didn't even field last year.

Zapatista

I can understand if you are still contesting the Ulster Championship with realistic hopes. The league will always be second to the Championship but not when the Championship is over. To claim you don't care for the league this year makes me think EC are getting a little ahead of themselves.

Wee Roddy

Dromore will not be falling for this and if they do they i think they will be in for a fright on Sunday! I think that Dromore will win but it will be very close.

Wee Roddy

For the attention of goal and a point.

Carrickmore and St macs was a league semi final last night. Carrickmore ran out easy winners. My source did not know the score but Carrickmore scored 7 goals. The final is before the Errigal v Dromore semi final in the senior league this sunday i believe.