Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tothetop03

County Management will not be pleased when a high number of players not fit to train with them on Tuesday night only cements how big of a fiasco this weekend away really was....completely the height of insanity to do what was done an expect no injuries... we are supposed to have top men in their field looking after Tyrone senior team am i unsure if any man involved in team training would have let this go ahead... am afraid to say Mickey is losing the plot...

southtyronegael

Quote from: tothetop03 on April 24, 2017, 09:58:30 AM
County Management will not be pleased when a high number of players not fit to train with them on Tuesday night only cements how big of a fiasco this weekend away really was....completely the height of insanity to do what was done an expect no injuries... we are supposed to have top men in their field looking after Tyrone senior team am i unsure if any man involved in team training would have let this go ahead... am afraid to say Mickey is losing the plot...
who are these top men looking after tyrone? my understanding is when the previous trainer fergal mc cann got the chop he wasnt replaced and mickey told him hed be taking the training himself? peter donnelly is the strength and conditioning coach and mickeys son micheal is team physio. who else is there?

tothetop03

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 24, 2017, 10:14:22 AM
who are these top men looking after tyrone? my understanding is when the previous trainer fergal mc cann got the chop he wasnt replaced and mickey told him hed be taking the training himself? peter donnelly is the strength and conditioning coach and mickeys son micheal is team physio. who else is there?

I would presume after the men you named there,Tyrone like any other County set up have Nutritionists/dietitians performance analysts all in their background set up.... I know nothing about training a team but i do know is flogging players to death over one weekends increases the risk of soft tissue injury.... i maybe wrong though...

Tyrone95

Despite clearly a tough weekends training with Tyrone, Munroe was one of carmens best performers on the day vs a very defensive Strabane side (understandably).  Found it tough to break through the defence and forced to kick from distance which resulted in a large number of wides. All in all good performance though and 2 points back with us

WT4E

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 24, 2017, 10:14:22 AM

Is Horse Devlin not the trainer?

southtyronegael

gavin devlin is not the trainer or maybe ur on the wind up?

Man Marker

The fitness of the players would be the responsibility of Donnelly, he would be the one carrying out the fitness testing's, using the GPS data to monitor a players fitness and fatigue lol, thast tells him when to up or down sessions. The coaching is Devlin and Donnelly.

BTW, who is managing Carmen this year?

southtyronegael

man marker did you just say donnelly was the trainer and coach?

Man Marker

more precisely he does the warm up and cool downs, and chips in if needed with the football sessions with Devlin. Devlin does most of the coaching sessions

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

southtyronegael

so mickey is the actual team trainer?  some man for one man. only a matter of time before players walk out. apparrently harte gave the pomeroy players and ultimatum on thursday night, play for your club and ur off the panel. they said theyd play for their club so harte  got the county board to cancel the game.

Man Marker

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 24, 2017, 11:18:31 AM
so mickey is the actual team trainer?  some man for one man. only a matter of time before players walk out. apparrently harte gave the pomeroy players and ultimatum on thursday night, play for your club and ur off the panel. they said theyd play for their club so harte  got the county board to cancel the game.

did u not read who is the fitness trainer, Donnelly. Mickey is the manager

southtyronegael

sean cavanagh scored 1-4 for moy.

Tyrone95

Quote from: Man Marker on April 24, 2017, 10:56:00 AM
The fitness of the players would be the responsibility of Donnelly, he would be the one carrying out the fitness testing's, using the GPS data to monitor a players fitness and fatigue lol, thast tells him when to up or down sessions. The coaching is Devlin and Donnelly.

BTW, who is managing Carmen this year?
Seamy mc callan.