Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macca123

Quote from: WT4E on September 24, 2014, 12:18:03 PM
Quote from: macca123 on September 24, 2014, 12:13:36 PM
Joe McMahon and Ronan O'Neill will have a huge part to play in which way the result goes for Omagh. I believe if Ronan gets a knock or bad tackle at the start of the game he will not be interested.

IF?

He would need to be ready for it - they're playing Carrickmore!

Well yea sorry when he gets it I should have said. What is your take on the game?

WT4E

I actually haven't saw Carmen play this year but know a good bit about them in general - saw Omagh play Coalisland and I was very impressed with them - had a good individuals as usual but looked to have desire which is sometimes lacking.

I think Omagh are the better team but Carrickmore have plenty of championships in the bag when they were coming up against supposedly better teams so find it hard to right them off.

I don't think it will be a classic final but I think Omagh will take it by 3 or 4

It could actually come down to a battle between Gormley and Joe McMahon - they may not be marking each other but whoever has the most influence on the game will probably come out on the winning side.

Wee Roddy

This is my point. If you haven't saw Carmen play this year then what are you basing you annalysis on. From last year's team they have gained Jonny Monroe, Brendan McLaughlin and Finney Magill and another 1 or 2 that may or may not start. Omagh may be better, or may not be, and everyone is entitled to their favourites but you dismissed Carmen with authority a few posts back and now you say you haven't seen them.

macca123

no matter what happens carrickmore will raise their game for this final. Everyone is counting them as out of the game already and I believe and hope they will snatch the victory. However wee Roddy I do feel that Johnny Munroe is overrated (hope he proves me wrong though)

In hiding

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 24, 2014, 12:50:51 PM
This is my point. If you haven't saw Carmen play this year then what are you basing you annalysis on. From last year's team they have gained Jonny Monroe, Brendan McLaughlin and Finney Magill and another 1 or 2 that may or may not start. Omagh may be better, or may not be, and everyone is entitled to their favourites but you dismissed Carmen with authority a few posts back and now you say you haven't seen them.

Wee roddy, why so defensive ?

People are only giving opinions. If Carrickmore are good enough they will win. If not they will lose. No need to continually argue that carrickmore are being under rated. It's like you are trying to convince people they are good enough... Yourself maybe ?

Wee Roddy

I'm not being defensive, just making the point that a poster was adamant last week that Omagh would win hands down. He has seen Omagh once and Carmen no times. I am saying Everyone is entitled to their opinions but they have to be the same as mine 😜

WT4E

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 24, 2014, 12:50:51 PM

I have to agree with the other posters - you have a serious complex about anything negative about Carmen being posted! These are just opinions and guess what? sometimes they're wrong! To answer some of your queries:

Basis is on the fact that I have saw the majority of this group of players play for a good while (including two of the three adds you named) so just had to go on that.

When did I say Omagh would beat Carmen hands down by the way. Your right I did dismiss Carrickmore before the semis and I was wrong to do so but hear are some of my quotes:

« on: August 20, 2014, 10:28:23 AM »
Just think Carmen are a team in decline a wee bit. Not trying to annoy roddy just think that once you take Gormley approx. 34; Donnelly & McGurk who are the wrong side of 30; out of the team you wouldn't have a squad who would put the fear of god into anyone going out to play them.

Just think they've lost some serious players the last 5-6 years and the last 3/4 are about to go.

But i'll tip my hat if they win it!

« on: September 10, 2014, 04:50:04 PM »
Odds are exactly as I would of expected - Carmen have had a great year getting to the final but I think they have overachieved and will do well to win it!

I'll await your reply after school if lunchtime is over!

Norf Tyrone

I'd be worried about OSE's approach to the game. There's a lot of 'meet the players', 'championships mass' going on, and a lot of hype on their own social media e.g. a count down to the game every day.

I appreciate that a bit of you needs to milk this, but this will just be another game for Carrickmore.

I'd like to see OSE win as they've produced some excellent teams over the last 10 years and haven't win in a while. However I am starting to think it will be Carrickmore's day.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Wee Roddy

I would expect the average age of the outfield players on the Carmen team to be at the most 26 on Sunday. If Barney is bold enough it could be younger.
I am not saying Carmen will win but the lack of respect being shown to a team that has qualified for 3 of the last 5 finals and won a league is strange. From 2010 final the only players they have lost are Paul Hughes and Ciaran McAleer really

In hiding

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 24, 2014, 02:22:04 PM
I'd be worried about OSE's approach to the game. There's a lot of 'meet the players', 'championships mass' going on, and a lot of hype on their own social media e.g. a count down to the game every day.

I appreciate that a bit of you needs to milk this, but this will just be another game for Carrickmore.

I'd like to see OSE win as they've produced some excellent teams over the last 10 years and haven't win in a while. However I am starting to think it will be Carrickmore's day.

Aye I noticed that too. You'd like to think that is an over zealous chairman and PRO behind that and maybe their management and players have a bit more sense to stay away from that stuff

billabong

OSE wtf???????>:(
What about CSC, DSD, CNF, AODR, or KSM?

macca123

Players don't even, they are going around getting pictures with people and promoting the 'pre championship mass'. I have a feeling the occasion could get the better of them as they seem to be getting wrapped up in it quite a bit. Where as I haven't seen anything on social media etc about carrickmore. Just another day for them.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: billabong on September 24, 2014, 02:51:22 PM
OSE wtf???????>:(
What about CSC, DSD, CNF, AODR, or KSM?

Ha Ha. I don;t know why I did that. However I think Omagh's Facebook and Twitter page use OSE. It's subliminal messaging.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

billabong

That's where I seen it Norf-incredibly annoying!
What about ORL for the play offs?  ;D

Club boi

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 24, 2014, 02:22:08 PM
I would expect the average age of the outfield players on the Carmen team to be at the most 26 on Sunday. If Barney is bold enough it could be younger.
I am not saying Carmen will win but the lack of respect being shown to a team that has qualified for 3 of the last 5 finals and won a league is strange. From 2010 final the only players they have lost are Paul Hughes and Ciaran McAleer really

🎣 Hook, Line and Sinker. Roddy get your head out of your ass. Opinions are allowed you know, it's not North Korea here!!!

And before you start on me or anybody else who dares diss Carickmore, I hope Carmen win