Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

cert for final now that he has got his bad game out of the way

Wee Roddy

If the shoe was on the other foot there would not be a word about it. The press backing the underdog. Now there is a surprise. The Conor Gormley decision may have went Aughers way but at least 5 other big calls went Aughers way including 3 when Gormley was in possession himself

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 26, 2014, 02:21:31 PM
If the shoe was on the other foot there would not be a word about it. The press backing the underdog. Now there is a surprise. The Conor Gormley decision may have went Aughers way but at least 5 other big calls went Aughers way including 3 when Gormley was in possession himself
Im sorry roddy , but that is a s big a load of rubbish as i have ever read.
If a clonoe or dromore had have been on the end of decisions like that we would be into 50 pages discussing it now.
If it had happend to carmen themmselves, im not sure the ref would have gotten off the field.
Youse have a history of man handling the same referee after a previous big game, maybe that clouded his thinking.
He bottled it at the thought of being in charge if carmen went out of the  championship.
The gormley calls here just two of a litany of awful decisions that you got the benefit of.
It is being highlighted as it had a massive bearing on the outcome.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Under Lights

I thought the burning Conor Gormley effigy in Augher on Saturday evening was a bit uncalled for though.

Wee Roddy

When did Carrickmore supporters man handle Cathal O'Hagan?? This is bullshit, complete bullshit, like the rest of your post.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 26, 2014, 02:53:27 PM
When did Carrickmore supporters man handle Cathal O'Hagan?? This is bullshit, complete bullshit, like the rest of your post.

I never said it was a supporter.
Cathal O'Hagan refereed the Dromore v Carmen league game that ended badly a  few years ago, maybe there were a few incidents from the end of that game that were still fresh in his mind.

Im not sure what other part of the post you can possibly disagree with, I have yet to meet a person took a different view of his performance aprt from yourself.
It all irrelevant now, as carrickmore are through and we are not, but the thing i took exception to was your nonsense that it was only being highlighted because Augher were the underdog.
I would say its completely the opposite, if it happened in a  game involving two big clubs it would be discussed at length on here (see the pages on sluddens performance and the sendings off in the clonoe v errigal game)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Moortown Spuds

Carrickmore would try every trick in the book to get the smallest advantage. Intimidating a referee is a skill in itself. Gormley is a pro at it and we all cheered when he did it in the county jersey.

bigtogs

Heard a wee wisper on Mickey's backroom team...he is keeping it in the family...

winghalfback

Quote from: bigtogs on August 26, 2014, 06:30:11 PM
Heard a wee wisper on Mickey's backroom team...he is keeping it in the family...

Some body is on a wind up has to be cant be the case

Carmenalways

Let's get one thing straight blewuporstuffed. Carmen never man handled Cathal o hagan at any stage of the league final at dunmoyle. Pure crap. A bit like the journalism this week in the press. Pure crap. Never have I read such criticism of an official after a game. I have seen much worse refereeing performances and not one mention of it in the press. Why? Simply because it's carrickmore. I know you feel aggrieved and rightly so in one incident. But let's not make up stuff.

bigtogs

Quote from: winghalfback on August 26, 2014, 08:08:53 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on August 26, 2014, 06:30:11 PM

Some body is on a wind up has to be cant be the case

could be the case heard it twice today. .. one good source one eejit dont know what to believe. .

Tyrone Gaa

Teamtalkmag have it that Mark Harte is coming on board!!
Living the dream!!!

bigtogs

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 26, 2014, 11:15:59 PM

just seen that... not confirmed though...

BennyHarp

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 26, 2014, 11:15:59 PM

I'm sure that will appease the lads on here who are calling for Mickey to resign.  :o
That was never a square ball!!