Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

time ticking away

Ardboes number 2 ran fairly quickly at the end of the game. He would of been better served running quickly trying to stop Lee Brennan getting the ball during the game though.
would it be a lazy statement to say "typical Ardboe"
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Club Rossa

Congratulations to Trillick,by far the better side in both games and were deserving winners.
It kills me to say it but we are nowhere near good enough to challenge for a senior championship and it will be a long,long time before orange and blue ribbons are back on the O'Neill cup.

Radda bout yeee

Enjoyable game. I thought Ardboe were going to take it when they went ahead in the second half but fair play to Trillick for coming back at them.
Maybe I don't know enough about Ardboe football but thought there were some questionable tactics by their management.
Brian McGuigan operating at 14
Frank McGuigan only getting approx 10mins
Taking Big McConville off when ball was needed around the middle
What is wrong with Kyle Coney?

Matthew Donnelly was quieter tonight but still had a decent game.
I left on 30 mins - was there another Ardboe man lined after that? What happened?

EC Unique

I think it is fair to say that Ardboe are serial under performers considering some of the talent on the team the last 10 years. Good result for Trillick and they will not be easy beaten.

Club Rossa

Talent will only take you so far EC,if you don't have the balls for it you can forget about winning championships.

Tommo2

Trillick have a very impressive forward line and Mattie Donnelly is probably the most influential player in club football.

Wee Roddy

It looks as if Kyle Coney is not going to develop into the player we al thought he was going to be. He is accurate but seems to lack the pace and the power to get away from a man when being shackled. As a result his ball winning ability is suffering because of a lack of confidence.
Rory Brennan was top notch last night as was Lee. Niall Gormley will be handful for any defence. I agree about the move to take McConville off. It was a poor decision. He hauled them through on Saturday and no matter how tired he looked you can not question Johns ability to slog it out.
Trillick might not be too far away if they can avoid Dromore!

Tommo2

Roddy, do you think Trillick have a chance? Its a wide open championship!

winghalfback

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 12, 2013, 02:06:23 PM
Roddy, do you think Trillick have a chance? Its a wide open championship!

I think every team will look at it as if they have a good chance of a semi final draw. Trillick will fancy their chances against Moy or Killyclogher they play a decent brand of football Niall Gormley and the two young minors will take some watching and with the donnelly boys around the middle they are a match for most teams. Carrickmore should overcome Cookstown but championship football is different and form goes out the window as last nights result suggests Coalisland waiting in the wings already will love the chance of playing these teams and getting to a semi Final. Errigal have something on Dromore and the blues always struggle to beat them this being said Errigal have lost a few serious players this year and could loose their title in the first round leaving a Dromore team fancying their chances of a semi final draw. Clonoe v Omagh is the only game throughout the county where noone can whole heartedly call a winner this game could be like last year and go to a replay. I just think that the Mc Mahons are not fully fit and the Clonoe lads hunger for revenge will be enough but Clonoe have not beaten Omagh in championship football in a long time so you never know. Either way whoever wins will fancy their chances against Eglish and get to the semi finals. For me the semi finalists will be Trillick Dromore Carrickmore and Clonoe.

EC Unique

Not many giving us much hope on Sunday night and I can understand why. It will take a massive effort from an unfamiliar Errigal team. A very tough draw for the first round but at the end of the day it is 15 v 15 and our boys will not be lacking in balls and effort which will count for a lot. Bring it on I say... ;D

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Under Lights on September 13, 2013, 10:05:22 AM
Will any league games go ahead between now and the end of the championship?
i would doubt it.
its hard to see where they would get a  free weekend to fit them in.
i would say it could be 20th october before there is any league football played again
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

stringbean

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 13, 2013, 10:47:41 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 13, 2013, 10:05:22 AM
Will any league games go ahead between now and the end of the championship?
i would doubt it.
its hard to see where they would get a  free weekend to fit them in.
i would say it could be 20th october before there is any league football played again

Maybe if the county board hadn't been looking every penny they could get and splitting the championship over 3 weekends, could have got a league match in no problem but sure who cares if clubs are playing in November and December.

Tommo2

Be interesting to see how Carmen do tonight. Havent had the best league campaign, but are always dangerous come championship. If they beat Cookstown, they will fancy themselves against Coalisland. Would be a cracker Q-final. The other q-finals wont have the same attraction as dromore/Errigal should beat Augher and Omagh/Clonoe should beat Eglish. The other one is 3 non-fancied teams, so may not be a crowd puller!

EC Unique

Carmen are experts at raising themselves for the Championship and I expect them to beat Cookstown and would not be at all surprised if the beat Coalisland.

Legoman5

Was any1 present at the trillick/ardboe game? It will be interesting to see if the county board come down hard on the ardboe corner back Shea Forbes after his stupidity! A future championship ban is what should be done!
Any word if cathal McCarron is fit to play this wkend after straight red in last years final?