Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: ziggysego on December 08, 2011, 10:09:13 AM
Quote from: shezam on December 07, 2011, 02:13:15 PM
Also built in the wrong location. It would blow the head off ye up there!!!

As a Greencastle man, I must say it's quite mild there ;)

Seriously though, there's a lot of scaremongering about this project. If we listened to this, the whole way through, Croke Park wouldn't have been redeveloped, county grounds would be in terrible shape and club grounds would still consist of using a local person's field.

Spot on. People need to move with the times.

Some may have a chip on their shoulder about the location but get over it. Central location for the whole of the county and located in the club that has given the most to the county.

Moortown Spuds

skeog

e c i dont think your comments stand up about who has given the most i know your club have given a lot but i would think all clubs are equal from one to 48 but i suppose with the upper class professionals  that generally follow errigal that is your perception anyway how long are you in existence

Moortown Spuds

So many insults, so little grammar.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: skeog on December 08, 2011, 11:04:55 AM
e c i dont think your comments stand up about who has given the most i know your club have given a lot but i would think all clubs are equal from one to 48 but i suppose with the upper class professionals  that generally follow errigal that is your perception anyway how long are you in existence

Never was the animal farm philosophy so applicable to any football club than that of the 'mighty' Errigal:

'All clubs are equal ... but some clubs are more equal than others!'

Oink Oink!

EC Unique

:D :D

Lads, the second part of my post was a bit tongue in cheek. 

upthem

Calling all past, present and future QUB and UUJ Gaels!
Thursday 15th Decembers sees the greatest university rivalry spill over into the ring with QUB and UUJ GAA coming head to head in Fight Knight at the Queen's PEC at 7pm.
Come and see some of the upcoming names in Ulster GAA take to the ring. This is a night not to be missed!
Tickets costing £15 are available from the PEC, UUJ Sportscentre, committee members or email fight_night11@yahoo.com
Follow us on facebook at 'Fight Knight'

Fear ón Srath Bán

Never worry lads (the Garvaghey detractors), in years to come your children and grandchildren will appreciate having such magnificent GAA sporting facilities up on the hill, and will be heard to say things like: "Isn't it great to have such a wonderful sporting facility as Garvaghey", " thank Christ our parents and grandparents weren't so Luddite, small minded and backward looking as to complain about the revolutionary shape", "thank the Lord they weren't penny pinching gits because of the intricate design and had the foresight to see the long-term benefits", etc.

;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on December 08, 2011, 09:22:55 PM
Never worry lads (the Garvaghey detractors), in years to come your children and grandchildren will appreciate having such magnificent GAA sporting facilities up on the hill, and will be heard to say things like: "Isn't it great to have such a wonderful sporting facility as Garvaghey", " thank Christ our parents and grandparents weren't so Luddite, small minded and backward looking as to complain about the revolutionary shape", "thank the Lord they weren't penny pinching gits because of the intricate design and had the foresight to see the long-term benefits", etc.

;)

Don't get me wrong. I am all for progress, and I hope I really hope I am proved wrong on this one. It'll be a case of wait and see I suppose.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 09, 2011, 12:16:05 AM
Don't get me wrong. I am all for progress, and I hope I really hope I am proved wrong on this one. It'll be a case of wait and see I suppose.

I believe you Norf, and I'm sure Club Tyrone are fleecing me for all the right reasons!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

gethimaf

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on December 08, 2011, 09:22:55 PM

;)

Dont know if this is sarcastic or not. Seems like a joke to me. Anyone who supports gervaghy should automatically be excommunicated from the gaa. Has to be the worst decision in the history of Tyrone Gaa. Hope it collapses financially and physically. Was proud that my club refused to pay for a defunct concept devised by nitwits and yes-men.

EC Unique

Can't understand the no men. Do we stand still or do we try to improve?

small mindedness gets you nowhere.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: EC Unique on December 10, 2011, 11:16:28 AM

Obviously you should always try to improve. However wasn't that what happened Ireland's economy? Everyone tried to improve, with nothing there to sustain it. People lived beyond their means. A big 5 bedroom house for a family of 4, a 4 x 4 when a wee round around would do, etc.

A training centre is fine, but I think we've over paid, and over sized. The GAA should not be about keeping up with the Jones'.

However genuinelly there are fair greater, and fair more informed men on Club Tyrone etc than what I am and I'll bow to their expertise on the matter.

However it doesn't mean that I can't confess my reservations. The project goes on regardless, so we'll just have to wait and see. Believe you me though, I'll be delighted to be wrong.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

oakleafgael

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 10, 2011, 11:50:19 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on December 10, 2011, 11:16:28 AM

Obviously you should always try to improve. However wasn't that what happened Ireland's economy? Everyone tried to improve, with nothing there to sustain it. People lived beyond their means. A big 5 bedroom house for a family of 4, a 4 x 4 when a wee round around would do, etc.

A training centre is fine, but I think we've over paid, and over sized. The GAA should not be about keeping up with the Jones'.

However genuinelly there are fair greater, and fair more informed men on Club Tyrone etc than what I am and I'll bow to their expertise on the matter.

However it doesn't mean that I can't confess my reservations. The project goes on regardless, so we'll just have to wait and see. Believe you me though, I'll be delighted to be wrong.

Norf,

You make some very good points with regard to the "grandiose" nature of the new setup at Garvaghey. As an outsider now living in the county and with a clatter of children who will hopefully be among those making use of the facilities I would make the following points.

- Why oh why do county boards insist in putting facilities like this in such exposed locations. The Fermangh county setup is a prime example and Owenbeg suffers as well.

- The design of the building has added at least 30% to construction costs. I have been in charge of design groups for plenty of large scale comercial projects and if an Architect came to me with something like the "t" he would be seeking new employment.

on the sideline

Much word of managerial appointments across the county?