Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

time ticking away

Quote from: Man Marker on April 20, 2015, 12:26:40 PM
Why wouldn't the u21s have played yesterday. The u21 team is the county boards responsibility and they had no reservations about expecting those lads to play two games, so why should the club.
BTW was at the Ardboe V Trillick game. Good win for Trillick, hard to see Ardboe doing anything, yer man in charge way over rated on yesterdays performance
Ridiculous post, why should the club have reservations about exposing the players to two games in 24 hours ???
If they give a sh1t about their health they should have reservations. Still amazed that Clonoe started Danny Mc Nulty who has been carrying a back injury for the past year.
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Tyrone Gaa

Heard Sean Cavanagh didn't play yesterday (by the looks of things the rest of the Moy team didn't play either) Any word on the injury or his availability for the Tyrone vs Donegal game.  Apparently he was seen on crutches yesterday.
Living the dream!!!

tyroneboi

Quote from: clarshack on April 20, 2015, 12:13:40 PM
Frank Burns came on in the last 20 mins for Pomeroy against us and made a big difference.

it will take a damn good team to beat Pomeroy this year and i think it will be between them and Derrylaughan for the league.

Would agree with you there! Pomeroy maybe have the right man over them this year to keep them on the straight and narrow. Yourselves would be my dark horses for the championship!

Sunny Day

Its extremely hard to get a real balance in this fixture chaos.  You see both points of view.  Club football cant stop for county games and vice versa.  What is the real solution?  I sincerely believe it doesnt lie with the CCC but with headquarters in Dublin.  County football must be contained to a 5/6 month span! All Ireland series, minor, senior, U21 etc must be wrapped up by July.  All county footballers free to clubs from July onwards.  Its the only way this can be sorted.

tiempo

Quote from: Sunny Day on April 20, 2015, 04:00:47 PM
Its extremely hard to get a real balance in this fixture chaos.  You see both points of view.  Club football cant stop for county games and vice versa.  What is the real solution?  I sincerely believe it doesnt lie with the CCC but with headquarters in Dublin.  County football must be contained to a 5/6 month span! All Ireland series, minor, senior, U21 etc must be wrapped up by July.  All county footballers free to clubs from July onwards.  Its the only way this can be sorted.

Agree with that, problem at HQ

The Bearded One

The Tyrone website is showing Round 3 fixtures going ahead this weekend followed by ROUND 7 games the following week. I would love to know the logic behind jumping from Round 3 to Round 7?
It is what it is. Presumably.

Sunny Day

Is Round 7 a Starred fixture???  I'm not sure of which games are starred???

The Bearded One

No, the starred rounds are identified differently. This is Round 7 of the league as given to us at the beginning of season.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Sunny Day

The starred fixtures will be somewhat of a farce this year given the number of players walking from the Tyrone panel.  Omagh cant be happy.  I would assume Clonoe, Eglish and Ardboe will be in a better position now and the teams playing them in starred fixtures will be putting up a protest of some sort.

Tommo2

It looks like Carrickmore have been awarded the win against Killyclogher in the opening league game. I wonder how much the pressure from the Tyrone/Ulster Herald report had to bear on the refs decision to change the scorecard. It seems strange that the particular newspaper allows reporters from their own club produce the match report. Hardly unbiased reporting.

tiempo

Quote from: The Bearded One on April 20, 2015, 04:40:31 PM
The Tyrone website is showing Round 3 fixtures going ahead this weekend followed by ROUND 7 games the following week. I would love to know the logic behind jumping from Round 3 to Round 7?

Going off a website with not one clue for those running teams or players from one week to the next what is happening
If McNulty is carrying a knock and played less than 24 hours after an AI-U21 semi final for Clonoe that is a joke, they aren't exactly struggling for quality players
Omagh will be grand, they have a huge squad to fall back on and any senior football played by the supporting cast while the big hitters are unavailable could benefit them later in the year, although they are particulary hard hit

sam03/05

surely the u21 management deserve a bit of support this weekend. They have allowed the players to play in all League Fixtures to date. Some even played two games in 24 hours at the weekend. Surely they deserve a weekend where they can take players away, work  and prepare for what could be the biggest game in Tyrone Football this year? 
The league games could be played some other day in the season at no great loss to everyone..

Club boi

Quote from: tiempo on April 20, 2015, 06:44:15 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on April 20, 2015, 04:40:31 PM

Going off a website with not one clue for those running teams or players from one week to the next what is happening
If McNulty is carrying a knock and played less than 24 hours after an AI-U21 semi final for Clonoe that is a joke, they aren't exactly struggling for quality players
Omagh will be grand, they have a huge squad to fall back on and any senior football played by the supporting cast while the big hitters are unavailable could benefit them later in the year, although they are particulary hard hit

Some Clonoe haters on here lol. So if Mc Nulty is "carrying" a back injury but it's ok to play for the county U-21's and not his club!!!!

This the same county that when he was with the seniors last year or year before he injured said back, then got dropped and the same county washed their hands off him from local reports

Club had to put him through all his rehab........

Any Clonoe posters confirm or deny this story??

Norf Tyrone

They were all allowed. Stine physically couldn't. For example our game was fixed for 1.30pm on the Sunday. There was recovery time for Cathal from the night before.

Other Clubs had the luxury of an evening throw in.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Red Hand Man

The starting team were told not to play.  Subs were allowed.

Any who did play, like McNulty, did so against the wishes of the management.

If the championship was at a later date, the clubs wouldn't be exerting the same pressure on these players to play.  However, they all feel the need to use them as they have a very limited timeframe within which to prepare for the championship.

Why is the championship early?  See my earlier posts.

The whole thing is a f**king farce.

Some uninformed bullshit being spouted on here too.