Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim abu

Whats this on the BBC website about Tyrone refs maybe withdrawing their services? and what club did they refuse to officiate at?

gaelicman

Abuse towards referees has been an ongoing problem in tyrone over the past number of years.winning has become a religion and both players and management of many teams are under alot of pressure to deliver and its the referee who takes the brunt of the criticism if results dont go their way.i realise there are some bad refs out there but they are only human and we all make mistakes.we cant survive without them even though we dispise them so much.

culchy1

was just wonderin cud anyone help me with some info?

a guy from moortown called enda quinn is interested in takin our senior football team!
any info on him anyone?

Dabhog

I'm a newcomer to the board having recently discovered it.  It takes a long time for these things to reach Aghyaran!

Regarding championship draws on Hoganstand I would guess these are made up??

I was told recently that the draws may not even happen at Convention next Tuesday in Beragh as Errigal are looking to enter a thirds team and draws may be held back until this is sorted.   

ziggysego

Quote from: Dabhog on December 08, 2006, 02:31:43 PM
Regarding championship draws on Hoganstand I would guess these are made up??

It's the Hoganstand, so it quite possibilty is false.
Testing Accessibility

loughshore lad

Quote from: culchy1 on December 08, 2006, 01:54:09 PM
was just wonderin cud anyone help me with some info?

a guy from moortown called enda quinn is interested in takin our senior football team!
any info on him anyone?

Culchy I am from that part of the world (Moortown are our neighbouring club) and dont recall any Enda Quinn ever taking any sides in Moortown. What club are you from by the way?

culchy1

im from rasharkin
we advertised it in the midulster
heard he phoned our secretary the other nite
someone said he helped out with moortown minors
an u21 the last couple of years
i know there r alot of quinns up there he maybe goes by a nickname
or somethin theres a quinn took there sens i think called budgie

loughshore lad

Quote from: culchy1 on December 08, 2006, 03:11:27 PM
im from rasharkin
we advertised it in the midulster
heard he phoned our secretary the other nite
someone said he helped out with moortown minors
an u21 the last couple of years
i know there r alot of quinns up there he maybe goes by a nickname
or somethin theres a quinn took there sens i think called budgie

Moortown won the grade 2 under 21 championship in Tyrone this season but as far as I know the manager was a guy called Paul Quinn.
As you say there are lots of Quinns in the area with many nicknames to identify different families.
My guess would be the guy you are are talking about is Fudgie Quinn - he could be called Enda but I am not sure. If it Is fudgie then to the best of my knowledge he helped out as part of the back room team last year (2005) and maybe the year before. I dont think he would have had that much of a say and would have no coaching experience.

culchy1

thanks for tryin 2 help l'shore lad
hows things up by the lough
is brian mcguigan back in trainin way tyrone!
he was sorely missed last year, everythin that cud go wrong for
ye's did go wrong but im sure tyrone will bounce back
ye cant keep a good thing down

loughshore lad

Brian has been training since he got the injury. Have not been talking to him in a couple of weeks but I would be very surprised if he is training with tyrone at this stage. Hopefully he gets back to his brilliant best, it wont be for the lack of trying on his part. There was no doubt he was sorely missed last year it just confirmed to everyone else what anyone in the know about Tyrone football was allready aware of - he was the main man around which Hate revolved the team.

ziggysego

A top Tyrone referee has warned that referees may withdraw their services from club games in the county if abusive treatment continues.

Intercounty referee Michael Hughes refers to the worsening situation in his capacity as secretary of the county's referees committee.

"Both the levels of physical and verbal abuse of referees have increased in 2006," says Hughes.

The referee was speaking in his report to the upcoming county convention.

Hughes says that one serious incident in a Tyrone game this year led to referees refusing to handle games involving one particular club.

"One such abuse which was witnessed by members of the referee's family who, when intervening on his behalf, were subjected to similar treatment, was completely abhorrent and resulted in the withdrawal of referees from game involving a club," said Hughes.

Earlier this week, Armagh secretary Paddy Nugent revealed that a number of "strike threats and walkouts" were issued by unhappy Armagh referees during 2006.

Testing Accessibility

never kickt a ball

Quote"One such abuse which was witnessed by members of the referee's family who, when intervening on his behalf, were subjected to similar treatment, was completely abhorrent and resulted in the withdrawal of referees from game involving a club," said Hughes.

I think that occurred one Friday night around 10.30pm under the BLOODlights .. sorry under the floodlights at Healy Park. Dromore v An Charraig Mhór. A few Dromore underage games were canceled following this incident 

Tyler Dearden

Congrats to Big Enda and Greencastle!! Hope he makes the county panel this year!!! What bout Ciaran McCrory- brillant footballer. is he in the tyrone panel yet!! Sort it out mickey!!

ziggysego

Anyone get any word yet from the TeamTalk All Stars?
Testing Accessibility

never kickt a ball

canavan got his first all star award