The Bould Francie

Started by Feckitt, April 01, 2009, 01:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArmaghGAAforum

The big fella will always be a legend in my eyes, a fierce competitor who would put his head where no ordinary man would dare put his hand.  It is the right time to step down.

The GAA

It a sad indictment on those tyrone contributors on this thread who feel the need to denigrate Bellew's contribution to armagh football for the sake of primary school point scoring. i'm sure steven o'neill, who has actually played against the man, wouldn't come out with a single line of this shite. as is customary in these sorts of threads would it not be classier to hold your tongue if you didn't feel the need to fawn over francie?

ArmaghGAAforum

Quote from: The GAA on April 07, 2009, 10:45:16 AM

It a sad indictment on those tyrone contributors on this thread who feel the need to denigrate Bellew's contribution to armagh football for the sake of primary school point scoring. i'm sure steven o'neill, who has actually played against the man, wouldn't come out with a single line of this shite. as is customary in these sorts of threads would it not be classier to hold your tongue if you didn't feel the need to fawn over francie?

agree 100% with this post.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 07, 2009, 10:39:34 AM
It's a common occurance that when someone scores the defender comes in with a late hit. Usually out of frustration that the forward is taking the defender to the cleaners like O'Neill did to Francie in that game. O'Neill wouldn't be the one to partake in behaviour like that, unlike some of his team mates. I think it was more or less saying to Francie, you can hit me all you like, but I'm still going to score again and again.    

:-X :-X
"Stercus accidit"

supersarsfields

Lads I seem to remember when Peter Canavan retired a few Armagh ones weren't particularly complimentary either on the thread so it's hardly a Tyrone monolopy on that.

ArmaghGAAforum

Quote from: supersarsfields on April 07, 2009, 11:14:40 AM
Lads I seem to remember when Peter Canavan retired a few Armagh ones weren't particularly complimentary either on the thread so it's hardly a Tyrone monolopy on that.

but that was different...............Francie's a legend  ;D

only messing, I wasn't a member then so I can't comment on what was said about Peter Canavan

The GAA

There are gobshites everywhere

illdecide

Well any fan be it Armagh or other would be a fool to say that we Pete wasn't a legend and everyone that knows anything about GAA knows PC was one of the greatest footballers of all time...

As for SON saying to Francie F***ing easy i would agree with the other poster there...hit me all you like Francie but I'll knock them over all day long (could be wrong as i don't know the guy, just my interpretation of it)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaffer

Quote from: Sandy Hill on April 07, 2009, 09:34:05 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 07, 2009, 12:20:06 AM
One point the BBC always seem to show is in the Ulster Final '05, when Stevie scores a point and immediately afterwards Francie catches him with a shoulder.
Stevie gets up and shouts what appears to be "F@@@@@G EASY" into Francie's ear.
Classic stuff!!!

Yea, really classic!

Was said cos of Francie's late  challenge on O'Neill !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

naka

Quote from: Gaffer on April 07, 2009, 03:25:43 PM
One point the BBC always seem to show is in the Ulster Final '05, when Stevie scores a point and immediately afterwards Francie catches him with a shoulder.
Classic stuff!!!

Yea, really classic!

people slag off Francie but I  seem to remember the challenge by oneill which ruinned John Toal`s career was late

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 07, 2009, 04:53:45 PM
Quote from: naka on April 07, 2009, 03:39:52 PM
Classic stuff!!!

Yea, really classic!

people slag off Francie but I  seem to remember the challenge by oneill which ruinned John Toal`s career was late

It may have been late, but he genuinely went for the ball and caught Toal after the ball was gone and was unfortunate the way things panned out. Francie on the other hand, deliberately went in late after he scored the point as S'ON had been giving him the run around for the whole game.

You wouldn't be slightly biased now would you ;)

naka

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on April 07, 2009, 04:56:52 PM
Quote from: naka on April 07, 2009, 03:39:52 PM
Classic stuff!!!

Yea, really classic!

It may have been late, but he genuinely went for the ball and caught Toal after the ball was gone and was unfortunate the way things panned out. Francie on the other hand, deliberately went in late after he scored the point as S'ON had been giving him the run around for the whole game.

You wouldn't be slightly biased now would you ;)
fact is it was late no matter what way you look at it

HalfFitHalfBack

How do you know O'Neill genuinely went for the ball?
How do you know Francie deliberately went in late?

fitzroyalty

He's a legend that has cult status in Armagh. Some people (tyronies and aristocrats) just seem to be jealous they don't have anyone in their own counties that have the same respect. he'd put his head were most men wouldnt put their feet!
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 07, 2009, 05:23:37 PM
O'Neill isnt a dirty player, just gets on with this game. Francie has been involved in incidents before that would lead you to believe he knew what he was doing. He definately wasn't marking O'Neill that day :D
Francie wrote the book on just getting on with it!

HalfFitHalfBack

that would lead you to believe he knew what he was doing.

Ah, conjecture.

when he was up against a better opponent and stuck to the football, more often than not was caught out.

In much the same way that Peter Canavan was always "caught out" when he came up against Enda McNulty?