The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: burdizzo on November 02, 2022, 01:56:03 PM
Quote from: blasmere on November 02, 2022, 10:52:33 AM
Quote from: whitey on November 02, 2022, 10:38:22 AM
There's a montage of about 20 different high profile Democrats saying trump was an illegitimate president

I'll post it up for you when I find it

The original election denier were the Democrats so get off your high horse

The Democrats are just as bad as the Republicans when it comes to this stuff

Genuine question for someone not US based - what have the Democrats done that is as bad as the Capitol Hill coup?

Black Lives Matter?

And just because the media wants to use the term 'coup' to discredit Trump, it doesn't mean it was actually an 'attempted coup'. Y'know, even if the crowd had occupied the Capitol - then what? Had they people in the army ready to back them? No, there was no strategy: it was just a heap of protesters who gained easy access to the building, probably let in pretty soft so as it could be used as a stick to beat Trump with.

That's a new one! ;D

And a bungled, incompetent coup attempt is still a coup attempt.

Trump was trying to prevent the peaceful handover of power. End of.

J70

And since when is Black Lives Matter a Democratic Party organization or movement?

By that standard, sure the KKK and Proud Boys are wings of the official GOP.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2022, 01:52:35 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 02, 2022, 12:24:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2022, 11:00:42 AM
There's a montage of about 20 different high profile Democrats saying trump was an illegitimate president

Yet Hillary conceded the election the morning after. Al Gore did so very quickly when he came out the wrong side of an ultra partisan Supreme Court decision in 2000. John Kerry conceded immediately in 2004 despite some cries about fraud in Ohio.

Has Trump conceded yet? Has the Texas GOP removed their statement that Biden was not legitimately elected from the party platform yet? Have the literal hundreds of GOP candidates running this year on election and Biden denialism repudiated their positions in the last few days? Have the majority of House GOP representatives who voted not to recognize the election on the very evening of January 6th 2020 changed their positions?

Your standard attempts at false equivalency don't work this time either.

And sure you're not a Republican anyway whitey, so why are you so desperate to deflect from the authoritarian, anti-democracy rabble they've descended into?

Conceded the election - and then spent 4 years saying his victory and presidency was illegitimate

https://youtu.be/iO-Sw8CCxxY

Did she have her fingers crossed when she conceded?

She was a sore loser in her statements for sure, but so what? And its not like Hillary has kept a high profile.

Regardless, she wasn't out there filing dozens of spurious lawsuits for show and publicity (and to cash in).
She wasn't engaging in an endless public barrage of propaganda, which continues to this day, alleging that she was cheated out of the election.
She wasn't making phone calls to state officials asking them to "find" enough "votes" to tip a state her way.
She wasn't de facto head of the Democratic Party and intent, successfully so, in turning the whole party and movement into a vehicle for her own personal grievances and her inability to cope with losing a democratic election.
She didn't incite a violent assault and riot on the Capitol Building on the day the 2016 election was being certified.
The Democratic Party does not use personal loyalty to her as a litmus test.
The Democratic Party does use the rejection of normal electoral processes as a litmus test.
The Democratic Party is not out there, based on Hillary's bruised ego, putting structures in place to allow them to overturn the will of the people (as expressed at the ballot box) of their own states.
The Democratic Party did not put in their policy platform that Donald Trump was an illegitimate president elected through a fraudulent process.
The Democratic Party does not have gubernatorial (and other) candidates out there stating that they will not concede any election they lose.
I could go on...

I think you're winding me up at this point

She's all over the place commenting on the midterms

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11380257/Hillary-Clinton-asks-voters-understand-whats-stake-midterms.html

Gmac

Elections next week let's see what way the country votes and let's see the response by each party after, will be interesting to watch

burdizzo

Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2022, 02:01:16 PM
And since when is Black Lives Matter a Democratic Party organization or movement?

BLM was fully embraced by the Democratic Party.

Didn't know the gathering at the Capitol was an official Republican rally.

Eamonnca1

Since Fox News claimed it was and kept repeating it around the clock until their low-information viewers were brainwashed into believing it.

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 02, 2022, 02:07:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2022, 01:52:35 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 02, 2022, 12:24:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2022, 11:00:42 AM

Yet Hillary conceded the election the morning after. Al Gore did so very quickly when he came out the wrong side of an ultra partisan Supreme Court decision in 2000. John Kerry conceded immediately in 2004 despite some cries about fraud in Ohio.

Has Trump conceded yet? Has the Texas GOP removed their statement that Biden was not legitimately elected from the party platform yet? Have the literal hundreds of GOP candidates running this year on election and Biden denialism repudiated their positions in the last few days? Have the majority of House GOP representatives who voted not to recognize the election on the very evening of January 6th 2020 changed their positions?

Your standard attempts at false equivalency don't work this time either.

And sure you're not a Republican anyway whitey, so why are you so desperate to deflect from the authoritarian, anti-democracy rabble they've descended into?

Conceded the election - and then spent 4 years saying his victory and presidency was illegitimate

https://youtu.be/iO-Sw8CCxxY

Did she have her fingers crossed when she conceded?

She was a sore loser in her statements for sure, but so what? And its not like Hillary has kept a high profile.

Regardless, she wasn't out there filing dozens of spurious lawsuits for show and publicity (and to cash in).
She wasn't engaging in an endless public barrage of propaganda, which continues to this day, alleging that she was cheated out of the election.
She wasn't making phone calls to state officials asking them to "find" enough "votes" to tip a state her way.
She wasn't de facto head of the Democratic Party and intent, successfully so, in turning the whole party and movement into a vehicle for her own personal grievances and her inability to cope with losing a democratic election.
She didn't incite a violent assault and riot on the Capitol Building on the day the 2016 election was being certified.
The Democratic Party does not use personal loyalty to her as a litmus test.
The Democratic Party does use the rejection of normal electoral processes as a litmus test.
The Democratic Party is not out there, based on Hillary's bruised ego, putting structures in place to allow them to overturn the will of the people (as expressed at the ballot box) of their own states.
The Democratic Party did not put in their policy platform that Donald Trump was an illegitimate president elected through a fraudulent process.
The Democratic Party does not have gubernatorial (and other) candidates out there stating that they will not concede any election they lose.
I could go on...

I think you're winding me up at this point

She's all over the place commenting on the midterms

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11380257/Hillary-Clinton-asks-voters-understand-whats-stake-midterms.html

No way!! She's on the tv commenting on the upcoming elections next week??

Where has she been the past six years? You been seeing her on the news every... 6-12 months maybe, if that?

Talk about bad faith debate...

J70

Quote from: burdizzo on November 02, 2022, 04:17:41 PM

The question was about "what have the Democrats done..."

Many Democrats did embrace BLM. I supported their cause myself. That doesn't mean the Dems own them or that they arose out of the Democratic Party.

I'm amazed you try to tie the two together like that at the same time you try to downplay the role of the GOP in the Jan 6 coup attempt. ;D

As if Trump and Bannon and the wider GOP party/media didn't tell them all for weeks to "be there, its going to be wild" and "we're going to march right on down to the Capitol" and Cruz and that Missouri eejit (the "macho" one raising the fist earlier in the day who ran and hid when the shit went down) weren't all being cued up as part of the operation to block the certification.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2022, 04:35:12 PM

Many Democrats did embrace BLM. I supported their cause myself. That doesn't mean the Dems own them or that they arose out of the Democratic Party.

I'm amazed you try to tie the two together like that at the same time you try to downplay the role of the GOP in the Jan 6 coup attempt. ;D

As if Trump and Bannon and the wider GOP party/media didn't tell them all for weeks to "be there, its going to be wild" and "we're going to march right on down to the Capitol" and Cruz and that Missouri eejit (the "macho" one raising the fist earlier in the day who ran and hid when the shit went down) weren't all being cued up as part of the operation to block the certification.
here's a question for you j70 how many cities were wrecked or had large violent protests after Biden was elected ? What would have happened if trump was elected ? We know the answers and it tells the story

whitey

Should be interesting how things play out next week

I just can't even fathom how badly the Democrats have handled things since they gained power in 2020

Believe me....I wanted them to succeed, (for purely economic reasons) but due to them pandering to the fringes of the party they have left themselves open to taking a walloping at the polls

The spinning and gaslighting has already started

And the shower who are going to take over will probably make things even worse

Eamonnca1

Can I get an Amen to this exquisite takedown of the abortion-underwriting anti-abortion candidate and domestic abuser Herschel Walker who's running for the Rethuglicans in Georgia?

Goosebumps.

https://twitter.com/QJames/status/1586833202764812292?s=20&t=slvRKM_1JGHvpUZrz07qKg

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 02, 2022, 05:25:15 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2022, 04:35:12 PM

here's a question for you j70 how many cities were wrecked or had large violent protests after Biden was elected ? What would have happened if trump was elected ? We know the answers and it tells the story

You know the answer?

We'll sure tell us.

How many were wrecked in 2016?

Oh yeah, those women and science marches really descended into mayhem!

But let's say Trump had succeeded in his nakedly fraudulent scheme to steal the election in 2020, aided and abetted by the GOP.

Yeah, I'd say there would have been trouble.

Milltown Row2

If Trump returns can he stay on for two terms or because he's done one he can't get two more?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mrdeeds

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2022, 10:50:29 PM
If Trump returns can he stay on for two terms or because he's done one he can't get two more?

Just one more.

Milltown Row2

Just listening to the tape on Georgia election, Trump asking for 11,000 votes lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea