The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on October 25, 2017, 03:08:23 PM

The GOP spent 8 years whining about deficits and now all they want is tax cuts for billionaires.

This is nothing new. Republicans are deficit hawks and all about small spending when in opposition, but as soon as they get elected they revert to the "deficits don't matter" doctrine and spend like drunken sailors.

screenexile

Is it just me or is the faux outrage over the DNC and Clinton campaign's oppo research massively over the top?

Surely it's common knowledge now that research is done on every candidate who stands for a position from the PArty Nomination to the school board why is this such a "Shocking" revelation??

I'm pretty sure Hannity's has come in his pants at hearing the news... "Tick tick BOOM"

seafoid

The only thing holding the GOP together is tax cuts that will go in the main to rich parasites , thus alienating blue collar voters.  I think both the GOP and the Tories will struggle to survive the next crash

Denn Forever

What is the state of the economy in the US at the moment? 

I heard President Trump saying stocks an shares were high again, unemployment is down and illegal immigration is down. 

From people living in the states, what's it like?  Is he delivering?

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 25, 2017, 05:41:07 PM
What is the state of the economy in the US at the moment? 

I heard President Trump saying stocks an shares were high again, unemployment is down and illegal immigration is down. 

From people living in the states, what's it like?  Is he delivering?

Since he hasn't been able to get any substantial legislation through it's hard to give him credit for "delivering" anything.

Net migration to the US was negative before he took office, so if he ever does manage to build his stupid wall then all it'll do is keep people in rather than out.

But to answer your question the economy has been chugging along nicely since Obama took over and fixed the mess that W had created. Unemployment is back at or below pre-crisis levels.

The housing market looks a bit bubbly in some cities though.

Seamus

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 25, 2017, 10:03:38 AM
Quote from: Seamus on October 21, 2017, 06:36:28 PM

Mr. Statistician and forum cop himself. As Mark Twain would say "There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies, and statistics."
Says a lot about your credibility. As for the policing attempt, that has given us a deeper look into your character.  Sure you felt you had the backing of the herd, the great unwashed. That too did not go to you liking, the Fox is still around.
Missed this and maybe it wasn't for me, but as it was a reply to my post, just for the record, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Apologies, that was meant for Eamonnca1
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Eamonnca1

stew

Quote from: screenexile on October 25, 2017, 12:20:31 PM
But you said you'd vote for Bernie??

Bernie is not a leader in the democrat party is he???
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

screenexile

Quote from: stew on October 26, 2017, 11:40:38 AM

Of course he is!!

Anyway it's all OK lads the drug and alcohol problem is sorted... just tell people not to do it!!!

Problem solved A+

Gabriel_Hurl

"Just Say No" worked so well in the 1980s

stew

Quote from: screenexile on October 26, 2017, 09:56:29 PM

Of course he is!!

Anyway it's all OK lads the drug and alcohol problem is sorted... just tell people not to do it!!!

Problem solved A+

Bernie is no democrat, Trump was and Killory is thank God, maybe, in Hillarys case she can start explaining why she covered up the paedophile ring among her political friends, that would be nice and might put a few c***ts behind bars, Hillers included.

As for the drug situation in the states, the CIA were at it so what did they expect???
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

screenexile

Quote from: stew on October 27, 2017, 09:15:39 AM

Of course he is!!
at, Trump was and Killory is thank God, maybe, in Hillarys case she can start explaining why she covered up the paedophile ring among her political friends, that would be nice and might put a few c***ts behind bars, Hillers included.

As for the drug situation in the states, the CIA were at it so what did they expect???
I've got it... I know who stew is now!!

sid waddell

Quote from: screenexile on October 27, 2017, 09:23:03 AM
Quote from: stew on October 27, 2017, 09:15:39 AM

Of course he is!!
at, Trump was and Killory is thank God, maybe, in Hillarys case she can start explaining why she covered up the paedophile ring among her political friends, that would be nice and might put a few c***ts behind bars, Hillers included.

I've got it... I know who stew is now!!

Nah, too thin and has too much hair to be sthtoo.