The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2017, 05:12:43 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on July 31, 2017, 04:33:31 PM
What's more frightening is that if Trump is impeached and has to resign, america gets Pense from Florida.
The Republicans will probably lose the Senate in 2018. Pence wouldn't get much done.

Doubtful.

The Republicans are only defending 8 seats, which are in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Texas, Tennessee and Mississippi.

Plus, the Dems are defending seats in Montana, North Dakota, Florida and Missouri.

Now, Trump may make it easier for a popular Democrat like Jon Tester to keep his seat in Montana, but a net gain of three seats is hard to see.

House is probably a better bet, but even there, how many competitive seats are there?

FL/MAYO

What's more frightening is that if Trump is impeached and has to resign, america gets Pense from Florida.

Florida has enough crazy politicians, no need to saddle us with Pence also☺

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on July 31, 2017, 05:47:17 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2017, 05:12:43 PM
The Republicans will probably lose the Senate in 2018. Pence wouldn't get much done.

Doubtful.

The Republicans are only defending 8 seats, which are in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Texas, Tennessee and Mississippi.

Plus, the Dems are defending seats in Montana, North Dakota, Florida and Missouri.

Now, Trump may make it easier for a popular Democrat like Jon Tester to keep his seat in Montana, but a net gain of three seats is hard to see.

House is probably a better bet, but even there, how many competitive seats are there?
It is not business as usual.. Trump support is only mid 30s. That would lose even red states

J70

Da Mooch is out on his ear already! ;D ;D

Eamonnca1

Sweet Jesus! Is this a record for the shortest stay in a White House job!?  ;D

This shit-show is unbelievable!

J70

Sounds like Trump is listening to his new chief of staff Kelly.

How long will the king of impulse and indiscipline and ego be able to keep that up??  ;D

seafoid

seafoid

Via the FT
The White House has spent months consumed by the fruitless healthcare fight, is behind schedule on tax reform and suffers from the president's tendency to announce initiatives without the customary preparation. Just days ago Mr Trump announced an about-face on the military's handling of transgender personnel that caught the Pentagon by surprise and left White House officials unable to answer basic questions about implementation.

dec

Quote from: J70 on July 31, 2017, 07:40:36 PM
Da Mooch is out on his ear already! ;D ;D

It will give him more time to spend with his family.

Oraisteach

Hickory Dickery Dock
Da Mooch is gone, I'm shocked

Yoh! Bara Bing, Bara Boom!

Hardy

Did he take his shine-box with him?

The Iceman

watched a show last night on race matters in the 90s...the Mrs posed a question which I will pose here...

What has happened to the BLM movement? Or the women's movement? It has all went very quiet? Coming up to the election and shortly thereafter it was everywhere and now I honestly haven't heard of any marches, protests or the like...
Why?
Our theory was that a lot of the central people were paid to stir things up and rally people and are no longer paid and therefore these things have went away or fizzled out.... I am not taking anything away from their cause or right to protest- genuinely wondering where they have gone and what your reasoning is as to why? Maybe they were all struck with Zikka? Though it seems to be gone too....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Main Street

Hilary would have been quite boring, you can't take your eyes away from this Trump debacle

It's not a big stretch to compare this to Hitler in 1933.  Both were 'democratically'
elected leaders who tend (or tended) to cater to an audience that was less socially conscious, more easily impressionable. Over the last six months, I think I've heard the expression "serve at the pleasure of the President" many times more than I have throughout the rest of my entire life.

The main difference now (compared to 1933 Germany) is that Trump is a fat, old, habitually mendacious, luxury-loving jackass, who seems to lack both will and a compelling social vision.
And, of course, scandals attach to Trump like flies on a cow pie

J70

Quote from: The Iceman on August 01, 2017, 12:08:03 AM
watched a show last night on race matters in the 90s...the Mrs posed a question which I will pose here...

What has happened to the BLM movement? Or the women's movement? It has all went very quiet? Coming up to the election and shortly thereafter it was everywhere and now I honestly haven't heard of any marches, protests or the like...
Why?
Our theory was that a lot of the central people were paid to stir things up and rally people and are no longer paid and therefore these things have went away or fizzled out.... I am not taking anything away from their cause or right to protest- genuinely wondering where they have gone and what your reasoning is as to why? Maybe they were all struck with Zikka? Though it seems to be gone too....

BLM - unless you're suggesting that the cops are timing their getting captured killing unarmed black men on film, contradicting the initial official line, I don't see your point. Have there been such videos or other allegations which have come out and have been met with a yawn by BLM?

There was a massive women's march the weekend of the inauguration. There was a massive science march too a few months later. There's been plenty of backlash on the healthcare issue this year. The muslim immigration ban debacle brought people onto the streets.

And election years ALWAYS see more political activity. There is a lot at stake. I would expect that as the implications of Trump's policies become clear, there will be further action. Perhaps right now people are happy to see him rendered relatively impotent (in terms of what might have been) by his own shortcomings.

Not sure what zika has to do with anything. It is most certainly not "gone".

Oraisteach