The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Declan on February 02, 2017, 02:27:58 PM
Day 12 - https://ftalphaville-cdn.ft.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/02104940/McHenry-letter-to-Yellen.pdf

I don't think either Congressman McHenry or Trump have much authority over the Fed.

And any agreements they come to, are they not subject to public comment like any other prior to implementation?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: stew on February 02, 2017, 08:34:17 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 02, 2017, 12:33:58 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on February 01, 2017, 10:07:47 PM
Rossfanny is making dangerous claims there is a potential for loss of life. His words. You hysterical drama queens should take a break from watching CNN. It can't be good for you.

The death toll from the Bush presidency is probably over a million by now. But keep pushing that "och it'll be all right" line if you want.

How many red because Obama didn't have the balls to set up a no fly  zone in Syria? How many died because the Russians did what they wanted to do. In Syria whilst America Sat on her hands while tens of thousands were slaughtered.

Who was president when the Iraq war started? Who was president when 9/11 happened? (Hint: he was breaking new records for vacation time, clearing brush on his ranch, while warnings about Bin Laden attacking the US with hijacked airliners sat unread on his desk.)

Hardy

As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
      -H.L. Mencken,  July 26, 1920.

Eamonnca1

Just curious. Do the conservative commentators here condemn that attack on the Mosque in Canada?

Rossfan

I seem to be the only one to even mention it before you Eamonn.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: No wides on February 02, 2017, 02:16:29 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 02, 2017, 01:59:14 PM
Quote from: stew on February 02, 2017, 12:03:29 PM
Quote from: Gmac on February 02, 2017, 04:32:51 AM
scum out in force in Berkeley tonight , remind me who the intolerant fascists are again

They deserve participation trophies, then have said trophies broken over their thick skulls the cowards.
He is a hate monger and rabble rouse.  NI had loads in the 70s

He's very like you - just spews shite without thinking.  I doubt you know 5% of what you post here.
You sound like  a St Bernard version of Breitbart

Gmac

Quote from: sid waddell on February 02, 2017, 10:56:56 AM
scum out in force in Berkeley tonight , remind me who the intolerant fascists are again
Funny how you had nothing to say when a Yiannopoulos supporter shot a peaceful protestor in the stomach in Seattle last week...

Remind me who the real fascists are again, won't you?  ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/25/shooting-milo-yiannopoulos-speech-seattle-charges
yes the scum who won't let a guy speak at a university sanctioned event .how could I comment on the incident when I never heard about it ? The guy was released so we will see what happens. If the democrats want to get back into power anytime soon they should distance themselves from these idiots and the loons at the women's march I.e. Madonna Ashley Judd Etc ,most Americans would be happy with a slightly left of center administration but the dems are gone so far left and don't seem to be able or want to change direction .

Rossfan

They'd still be a very right wing party in Social Democratic, Health Care no guns Europe.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

stew

Quote from: Gmac on February 02, 2017, 04:50:21 PM
Funny how you had nothing to say when a Yiannopoulos supporter shot a peaceful protestor in the stomach in Seattle last week...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/25/shooting-milo-yiannopoulos-speech-seattle-charges
yes the scum who won't let a guy speak at a university sanctioned event .how could I comment on the incident when I never heard about it ? The guy was released so we will see what happens. If the democrats want to get back into power anytime soon they should distance themselves from these idiots and the loons at the women's march I.e. Madonna Ashley Judd Etc ,most Americans would be happy with a slightly left of center administration but the dems are gone so far left and don't seem to be able or want to change direction .

Correct.

Suppression of freedom of speech whilst rioting and causing damage to property not belonging to them, they need a good booting and a jail cell for a few years on hard Labour the c***ts
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on February 02, 2017, 04:50:21 PM

yes the scum who won't let a guy speak at a university sanctioned event .how could I comment on the incident when I never heard about it ?
Very revealing that you don't consider a supporter of Yiannopoulos and Trump who shoots a peaceful protestor in the stomach to be a fascist.

Also very revealing that you hadn't even heard about it. I'd hazard a guess* that you never heard about it because you get your news from sources that reinforce the far right thought bubble in which you are clearly so comfortable. They don't cover stuff like this. 

We really are seeing who the real fascists are now, aren't we? 

*figure of speech  ;)

omochain

Yes Stew, their behavior was appalling. He has every right to say his hateful bile.
You would be better served however, if you saved your outrage for Bannon's attacks on the free press.

seafoid

Hate speech now should be controlled. The soi disant dangerous f**got is a provocateur

J70

Quote from: seafoid on February 02, 2017, 07:44:12 PM
Hate speech now should be controlled. The soi disant dangerous f**got is a provocateur

But then you run into the problem of who gets to define what is hate speech.