The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on November 24, 2016, 09:38:18 AM
John Oliver did a piece about it a few weeks ago . . . probably a bit too lefty for some tastes but he explains it very well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_htSPGAY7I

Like most topics, there's 2 sides to this and the truth is probably somewhere in between.

Declan

Job-stealing CHING CHONGS. Get out and go back to communist land"
These anti-Asian leaflets were left behind by Trump supporters.

Interesting choice on the education front alright -here's and excerpt from an article from one of the ideological circles in which the new Education Sec travels.

Also Carson's thoughts on housing
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/11/ben-carson-has-weighed-housing-policy-integration

It's gonna be a bumpy ride!!!

easytiger95

these are the same powerful unions that got gutted in Wisconsin?

Charter schools only work when the state regulations are strict - otherwise for profit charters do the same race to the bottom as any unregulated industry.

Oh but wait, Superstar DJ thinks that for every one new regulation, two old ones should be scrapped.

stew

Quote from: Declan on November 24, 2016, 11:19:39 AM
Job-stealing CHING CHONGS. Get out and go back to communist land"
These anti-Asian leaflets were left behind by Trump supporters.

Interesting choice on the education front alright -here's and excerpt from an article from one of the ideological circles in which the new Education Sec travels.

Also Carson's thoughts on housing
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/11/ben-carson-has-weighed-housing-policy-integration

It's gonna be a bumpy ride!!!

Declan have you ever once put a photo up on here were liberals were being racist or behaving like those Trump supporting scumbags? Just wondering like!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 23, 2016, 08:47:08 PM
Lol.....I see his choice for Education Secretary is pro School Choice i.e. Pro Charter School

This will drive them out of their mind

http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/18/naacp-tells-black-parents-keep-kids-crappy-schools-leverage-hike-taxes/

"Black and Hispanic students who attended charter schools in [New York City] for eight years closed the achievement gap with affluent suburbs like Scarsdale by 86% in math and 66% in English

Its all very easy for charter schools when they refuse to take on the more troubled and lower achieving youngsters, leaving those for the public schools.

seafoid

If the US doesn't support demand the economy will collapse. Charter schools are a waste of time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb34jE-Uf6k

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 05:19:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 23, 2016, 03:18:47 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 02:54:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 23, 2016, 02:53:25 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 02:17:50 PM
Late to the party, been a bit busy. Loving Donald Trumps picks so far. The right men in place to start getting the country back on track after the last 8 years of pandering by Obama. Clinton failing to be elected is another blot on his legacy. Hopefully he will now fade into obscurity but I'm sure he'll be on "Dancing with the Stars" in a few years time.

Delighted that real americans finally woke up to what has been happening in their lands. That said I hope Trump does become a president that rules with a level of fair play for all.

CNN commentators seething at the result is an added bonus. They can't handle the fact that Hillary lost. Priceless.

Yeah, figured you'd like Sessions and Bannon and those types.

You figured right ;)

Well, at least you're openly and proudly embracing it.  ;)

Just to clarify - Conservatives. I didn't read into what you were alluding to.

So you're hesitating on the likes of Sessions and Bannon then?

J70

Quote from: stew on November 23, 2016, 02:09:35 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 23, 2016, 12:42:25 PM
Quote from: stew on November 23, 2016, 10:48:45 AM
Quote from: screenexile on November 23, 2016, 10:33:30 AM
Quote from: stew on November 23, 2016, 07:44:24 AM
I have no time for illegal immigrants however I am appalled at the thought of ripping people out of the country and deporting them.

What I would advocate is kicking out the criminal element and leave the vast majority alone, have them apply for green cards and give them legal status.

America has to tighten its borders, it cannot let people in who would cause the country harm, Clinton was fine with letting anyone in no matter the cost and she lost!

Where is this notion that she was going to let "anyone" in. . . Yes she would let in more people than Trump but big deal?!

Legal immigration is not the problem in America!!

It would have been if she had let tens of thousands of unvetted Muslims into the country.

She is letting no one in anymore )

What "tens of thousands of unvetted Muslims"?

The Syrian Muslims that could not prove who they claimed to be.

It was reported by her own media she wanted 60,000 of these people running around under her watch.

Where did Hillary propose admitting all those people without vetting?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 24, 2016, 12:39:05 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 23, 2016, 08:47:08 PM
Lol.....I see his choice for Education Secretary is pro School Choice i.e. Pro Charter School

This will drive them out of their mind

http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/18/naacp-tells-black-parents-keep-kids-crappy-schools-leverage-hike-taxes/

"Black and Hispanic students who attended charter schools in [New York City] for eight years closed the achievement gap with affluent suburbs like Scarsdale by 86% in math and 66% in English

Its all very easy for charter schools when they refuse to take on the more troubled and lower achieving youngsters, leaving those for the public schools.

Exactly....so the conundrum is you either leave them all in the $hit or you attempt to help the ones who can be helped

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on November 24, 2016, 12:54:13 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 05:19:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 23, 2016, 03:18:47 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 02:54:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 23, 2016, 02:53:25 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 02:17:50 PM
Late to the party, been a bit busy. Loving Donald Trumps picks so far. The right men in place to start getting the country back on track after the last 8 years of pandering by Obama. Clinton failing to be elected is another blot on his legacy. Hopefully he will now fade into obscurity but I'm sure he'll be on "Dancing with the Stars" in a few years time.

Delighted that real americans finally woke up to what has been happening in their lands. That said I hope Trump does become a president that rules with a level of fair play for all.

CNN commentators seething at the result is an added bonus. They can't handle the fact that Hillary lost. Priceless.

Yeah, figured you'd like Sessions and Bannon and those types.

You figured right ;)

Well, at least you're openly and proudly embracing it.  ;)

Just to clarify - Conservatives. I didn't read into what you were alluding to.

So you're hesitating on the likes of Sessions and Bannon then?

Where did I say I was hesitating? I clarified my statement.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

screenexile

Quote from: screenexile on November 23, 2016, 02:42:00 PM
Quote from: heganboy on November 23, 2016, 01:54:37 PM
So, will there be a recount in 3 states?

Doubt it.

Dear lord this NY Magazine has gone through the Chinese Whispers machine and now Twitter is lighting up with "Strong evidence suggests election was rigged against Clinton in key states". INDO being the main culprits!

The guy named in it has come out since the NY Magazine article has clarified that he actually thinks Trump won the election but that the threat of hacking is real and that there should be better checks put in place to make sure the paper ballots tally with what the computer says (mainly due to the sophistication of the Russian hacking system) and a recount of some states would be a good way of doing that . . .

I don't think Hillary's reputation could withstand her demanding a recount however if she donated the extra $5m to Steins campaign for the recounts it would be interesting. Not sure it would change much though!

stew

Quote from: screenexile on November 24, 2016, 02:50:06 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 23, 2016, 02:42:00 PM
Quote from: heganboy on November 23, 2016, 01:54:37 PM
So, will there be a recount in 3 states?

Doubt it.

Dear lord this NY Magazine has gone through the Chinese Whispers machine and now Twitter is lighting up with "Strong evidence suggests election was rigged against Clinton in key states". INDO being the main culprits!

The guy named in it has come out since the NY Magazine article has clarified that he actually thinks Trump won the election but that the threat of hacking is real and that there should be better checks put in place to make sure the paper ballots tally with what the computer says (mainly due to the sophistication of the Russian hacking system) and a recount of some states would be a good way of doing that . . .

I don't think Hillary's reputation could withstand her demanding a recount however if she donated the extra $5m to Steins campaign for the recounts it would be interesting. Not sure it would change much though!

Imagine if the result got overturned, there would be a bloodbath in the streets if that happened.

She will content herself with the fact he will not have her and the foundation under investigation, she would be crazy to interfere with the results at this juncture.

easytiger95

there are two research groups suggesting that there were some irregularities - one group AFAIK is recommending recounts, the other is saying that an audit should be done of the results in order to identify weak spots for future reference.

I think the "smoking gun" if it can be called so, is that apparently Hillary's returns were on average 7% down in districts that had networked machines as opposed to those districts that relied on mechanical ballots - I think that was in Wisconsin (apols if not). Anyway Superstar DJ won the state by 27,000 votes - the 7% differential could account for a 30,000 vote swing, though if there was a problem, you wouldn't expect all the votes in that swing could be accounted for by fraud.

The margin in Michigan is so small that no matter the result, a recount will probably happen. In Wisconsin and Pennsylvania the margins are larger. The odds of a three state recount awarding all three to Hillary are so astronomical that there doesn't seem to be any upside to her calling for a recount, though Stein is a useful surrogate.

If a recount were to award her the presidency, I can't see how Trump supporters would accept it - and given the circumstances, you'd have to have sympathy with them. The only way voter fraud gives her the White House is if it is proven, if it is Russian based, and if there is a rock solid evidential connection between the Russian hackers and the Trump campaign. The third is the most important of the three, because without it, there is no way a President Hillary would have any chance of claiming legitimacy.

Hoping for an overtime Hail Mary is a nice daydream to indulge in, but that way civil war lies. Even if the FBI and the DOJ came out and said that DJ was on the fiddle, who would believe them given the politics both departments engaged in during the campaign?

And of course, all this ignores the very real rigging of elections in the US through the gutting of the Voters Right Act by the Supreme Court and the subsequent actions by GOP controlled states to remove the franchise from minorities. Given the fact that Hispanics actually voted for Trump in large numbers, and that the black community seems disillusioned with the Dems, the far more sensible tactic is to try and bring 30% of each demographic under a broad based Republican coalition, rather than opting for a Whites-only, shining city on a hill - which is like lemmings buying holiday homes on the cliffs of Moher.

whitey

Can you imagine if Trump lost and his supporters started crap like this...usurping democracy, delegitimizing the president elect, Nazi-ism are terms that spring to mind

And the main stream media would be screaming for Trump to immediately and forcefully denounce their actions

And the stupid cvnts are wondering why they lost .....people have had it with their bull$hit

stew

Quote from: whitey on November 24, 2016, 03:44:10 PM
Can you imagine if Trump lost and his supporters started crap like this...usurping democracy, delegitimizing the president elect, Nazi-ism are terms that spring to mind

And the main stream media would be screaming for Trump to immediately and forcefully denounce their actions

And the stupid cvnts are wondering why they lost .....people have had it with their bull$hit

She won largely in densely populated areas, I think the shit she pulled on Saunders sickened enough of his supporters they put Trump over the top.

Both parties in a state of flux, the democrat candidate blames a republican in the FBI for the loss, God forbid she look inward and hold herself accountable for her actions.

Until both parties come to terms with what just happened and own their situations they will struggle to grow from the incredible campaign we all just witnessed.