The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: seafoid on January 08, 2016, 09:19:00 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on January 08, 2016, 12:21:57 AM
As big of a fear monger Trump is I dont think you can label him with facisim

I dont think anyone who believes in the free market, the American dream etc etc could be called a facist. True he has certain traits in common with facists mainly populist tribalism, but that doesnt make him a facist as such.

He would appear to be opposed to totalitarianism and to be pro individualist as most American political ideologies (especially on the right) are, which are major tenets of facism. Throw in being one of the crassest proponents of the liberal market economy and youd have to say that he is defo not facist

Anyway idiot as he is, you can all him many things but throwing dramatic labels on him which aren't true will only help his cause.
the fascists worked hand in hand with business. They preferred slave labour but anything that shafted ordinary people worked.
Fascism is not just about uniforms

http://michaelrosenblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/fascism-i-sometimes-fear.html
"I sometimes fear that
people think that fascism arrives in fancy dress

worn by grotesques and monsters

as played out in endless re-runs of the Nazis.

Fascism arrives as your friend.

It will restore your honour,

make you feel proud,

protect your house,

give you a job,

clean up the neighbourhood,

remind you of how great you once were,

clear out the venal and the corrupt,

remove anything you feel is unlike you...

It doesn't walk in saying,

"Our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuDJ5aFDcd4

Your first point about Fascism is not incorrect, it does propose working with businesses but the ideology is a proponent of a mixed economy certainly not the liberal market economy that Trump and all of the US presidential candidates espouse (with the exception of maybe Sanders). But the ideology of fascisim certainly does not involve shafting the ordinary working man as you say, unlike the capitalist system where it is in build

Fail to see what the rest of the above has got to do with my points, wouldnt disagree with it and none of it makes Trump a facist.

seafoid

stew

Oh dear, it seems The FBI have changed their investigation in Hillary Clinton somewhat,, actually they have just opened another branch of the investigation, not only is Clinton being looked at for her handling of classified emails, she is now being investigated. for corruption, specifically monies paid into their foundation when she. Was Secretary of State.

It appears that some generous donors benefited by being given lucrative contracts, if true that should end with her in jail, I don't think it will but this repugnant bitch is unfit to be President of the Usa.

Hillary is in full denial mode, she is saying that the FBI are not going down this path, question for you Hillary apologists, how the feck would she know what they FBI are doing or not doing pertaining to her case?I'm
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

whitey

Give it up Stew.....didn't you know that all Democrats are good and all Republicans are bad, all Democrats  are working people and all Republicans are millionaires.

Didn't you also know that NO Democrats are rascist or Islamophobic or Homophobic or flat out stupid?

stew

Quote from: whitey on January 12, 2016, 02:53:07 PM
Give it up Stew.....didn't you know that all Democrats are good and all Republicans are bad, all Democrats  are working people and all Republicans are millionaires.

Didn't you also know that NO Democrats are rascist or Islamophobic or Homophobic or flat out stupid?

I never knew that until I came on here Whitey, some of these lads on here have a simple pholosophy, it seems to be democrats good Republicans bad, they blame the republicans on pretty much everything, even though the country is under a mountain of debt this President has amassed.

To me it is dangerous thinking to believe there is no good in 50% of the populations political leanings, this is idiotic and I believe there needs to be a move from both parties to come to the center, it is stupidity to blindly believe the opposition does not have something to offer, if ever a country needed a kick up the arise it is getting it, Trump is an arsehole but he has tapped into how people feel about career politicians and the corruption in Washington

J70

But who is saying "there is no good in 50% of the country's leanings"?

I have conservative friends with whom I agree about plenty. The two parties agree about plenty FFS.

The differences are pretty dramatic though, and that is where the division lies.

And while Islamophobia and homophobia and hostility to black grievances may exist in individuals in the Democratic Party, they're not part of the rhetoric or platform.

stew

Quote from: J70 on January 12, 2016, 07:04:16 PM

I have conservative friends with whom I agree about plenty. The two parties agree about plenty FFS.

The differences are pretty dramatic though, and that is where the division lies.

And while Islamophobia and homophobia and hostility to black grievances may exist in individuals in the Democratic Party, they're not part of the rhetoric or platform.

Grow up 70, you cannot really think that the phobias of which you spoke are belong to the right exclusively?

People from all walks of life here in the states are concerned about their safety, many are tired of black lives matter, I am one of those, they ignore black on black crime and focus on the police, they black community deserves to be treated like everyone else but they let themselves down when they talk of frying pigs like bacon and cops have died at the hands of scumbags who bought into what they are selling.

Homophobia is down to the individual person and I have heard many liberals slabber about fags, maggots and queers, you show your true colors when you speak of these phobias and if you truly believe the right and only the right believe in these things you are soft in the head.

Eamonnca1

When a liberal bigot speaks up his poll numbers go down.

When a conservative bigot speaks up his poll numbers go up.

That's the difference.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 12, 2016, 11:17:46 PM

That's the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u52Oz-54VYw

whitey

That's the difference.

When a liberal sexually assaults a woman (or leaves one to drown in a crashed car) their poll numbers go up

When a conservative makes a clumsy comment about reproductive rights (they're declaring a war on women) their poll numbers go down

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on January 13, 2016, 12:17:09 AM

That's the difference.

When a liberal sexually assaults a woman (or leaves one to drown in a crashed car) their poll numbers go up

When a conservative makes a clumsy comment about reproductive rights (they're declaring a war on women) their poll numbers go down
Conservatives have ignored the female and Latino votes for so long. the Rove magic made them complacent. Now it is payback time,

J70

Quote from: stew on January 12, 2016, 10:36:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 12, 2016, 07:04:16 PM

Grow up 70, you cannot really think that the phobias of which you spoke are belong to the right exclusively?

People from all walks of life here in the states are concerned about their safety, many are tired of black lives matter, I am one of those, they ignore black on black crime and focus on the police, they black community deserves to be treated like everyone else but they let themselves down when they talk of frying pigs like bacon and cops have died at the hands of scumbags who bought into what they are selling.

Homophobia is down to the individual person and I have heard many liberals slabber about fags, maggots and queers, you show your true colors when you speak of these phobias and if you truly believe the right and only the right believe in these things you are soft in the head.

What part of "And while Islamophobia and homophobia and hostility to black grievances may exist in individuals in the Democratic Party," do you not understand?

Yet there is only one side on which homophobia and islamophobia and misrepresentation of legitimate black grievances and so on is winning political rhetoric.

How many GOP politicians out there are publicly pro-gay marriage, for example? I can think of Rob Portman (Ohio senator) and no one else off the top of my head. And you know why and when Portman changed his mind? When his own son came out as gay, that's when.

How many of them are publicly in agreement with science and the vast majority of rest of the planet on climate change?

Some of them used to be, but now they can't admit to it, because they'll be primaried two seconds after they do.

So yeah, ONCE AGAIN, there are individual members of the left and Democratic party who espouse all of the objectionable views you list, but those are not part of the political platform and rhetoric of the left and Democratic party as whole.

The Democratic Party and liberalism in general have plenty of faults and do not have anywhere close to all the answers. But compared to the reactionary rabble that comprises the GOP of late, they're the epitome of enlightenment and reason.

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 13, 2016, 12:17:09 AM

That's the difference.

I'll give you Kennedy (it still boggles my mind!), but do you really want to do a side-by-side list of hypocritical politicians with sexual indiscretions and crimes? There's plenty to go around. It took the Louisiana GOP supporters, for example, long enough to tire of David Vitter!

Juanita Broaderick, after recanting, finally came out with her allegation after 20 years, and right at the time Clinton was being impeached. Even if it was true, it stunk of political motivation, and the public was basically sick of the GOP campaign against him at that point. That her credibility was questioned is hardly shocking, especially given that some of the people she allegedly told at the time had cause to have issues with Clinton.

And the "war on women" was hardly just about those two senatorial candidates. They were just the idiots who showed what they really thought and were just the straw that broke the camel's back that year!

J70

A Georgia state representative (and more alarmingly, former school history teacher) had the following to say:

The Klan "was not so much a racist thing but a vigilante thing to keep law and order.... It made a lot of people straighten up...I'm not saying what they did was right. It's just the way things were."

He also says the civil war "was not fought over slavery"

http://investigations.blog.ajc.com/2016/01/28/ga-lawmaker-seeks-constitutional-protection-for-stone-mountain-carving/

Do we need more than one guess to figure out which party he belongs to? :P

J70

And yet another fail for the right wing with the Planned Parenthood foetal body parts "controversy".

Texas, of all places, came up with only criminal charges for the makers of the videos! Planned Parenthood cleared of wrongdoing... again!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/01/28/texas-da-i-m-pro-life-but-the-law-is-the-law.html

These charges and the murders at the clinic in Colorado are about the only concrete results of this fraudulent video campaign.