Ulster Club Championships

Started by hows she cutting, November 10, 2006, 02:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

History shows that Cross go weak at the knees at the sight of the mighy men from Errigal!  ;D

full back

Yeah Cross go weak.
The thing is when Cross decide to go the whole hog-they go the whole hog. (3 times I believe)

EC Unique

I believe Errigal have played cross 5 times in ulster club and lost none! :o ;)

full back

And after beating Cross, how many times have Errigal went on to win the big one ::) ;D

brokencrossbar1

EC should worry about Ballinderry before even thinking about Cross.  I would say that is they do play only 7-8 of the Cross team will have played against EC before so it will have no bearing on it.

hows she cutting

is the final due to be played on the 3rd December?

uselessfootballer

Any word yet from the Ulster Council meeting last night on the wee bit of trouble at Casement on Sunday?

brokencrossbar1

Ulster Council halt Intermediate Championship
Wednesday, 22 November 2006 9:07 

Casement Park was the scene for a mass brawl between Stewartstown and Ballymacnab 

The Ulster IFC championship is on hold for the present as a result of the incidents in Casement Park last Sunday.

At a meeting of the Activities Committee of the Ulster Council in Belfast on Tuesday night it was decided to set up an investigation into the incidents that happened at the end of the game.

It was further decided that the re-fixing of the semi-final between Stewartstown and Ballymacnab would be adjourned until the investigation committee has completed its deliberations and all matters relating to the incidents that occurred have been dealt with.

Both clubs have been informed of this.

Spiritof98

Why has this comp been halted, if this was a senior game it would have been dealt with already and the games could go ahead. No doubt Greennan and Murphy will hand out massive bans. Always seems the the lesser the grade the more hasty the the punishments are.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

full back

Yet another mess from the Ulster Council.So the remaining team (think Coleraine) have to sit & wait for a decision to be made!!
It is hardly their fault, yet now we are almost at the end of November and they have to continue to train not knowing who or indeed when they will next play.Farce

bingobus

Greenan is some idiot.

At the Clontibret/Cargin replay on Sunday the Cragin subs went out on the field at half time to warm up. After a few minutes, Greenan landed pitchside and shouted ordering the players off. As the arrived at the sideline he could be seen counting the number of subs on the pitch. Apparently this will result in a fine for cargin for each player on the field.

Is this correct? Slim?

SlimShady

I have no idea, normally I would  :P but I was in the changing rooms at half time. The subs were just coming off when we went back out anyhow, never heard any chat of it afterwards-never heard much chat in fact  :-[

The pitch was a fecking bog anyhow, total parcel of shite. Though I dont think we'd have won if we'd even played on Croker on Sunday! :-\

Hank Everlast

Wat times the throw in for the cross v Clontiberet game on sunday?? is it being televised?!

bingobus

Quote from: SlimShady on November 22, 2006, 01:40:47 PM
I have no idea, normally I would  :P but I was in the changing rooms at half time. The subs were just coming off when we went back out anyhow, never heard any chat of it afterwards-never heard much chat in fact  :-[

The pitch was a fecking bog anyhow, total parcel of shite. Though I dont think we'd have won if we'd even played on Croker on Sunday! :-\

The subs continued to warm up with ball but had to use the sideline (stand side of the white line).

Pitch did look bad and this is after it was closed over last winter/spring to get the drainage fixed.

SlimShady

we were told to warm up 5 mins before throw in BEHIND the goals! WTF?! Its a brutal bad pitch, terrible. Makes our old field look good.

The training pitch down the road had a better surface. The goalmouths were a foot deep in sand as well. (no fly comments please!!!)  :P