Who's next for the Cork hurlers??

Started by barryhatrick, March 11, 2009, 12:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barryhatrick

Any thoughts on who might get the gig? Seems like a poisoned chalice to me and I'd say you'd have to be a brave man to throw your hat in given all the recent carry on.

bingobus

GalwayBayBoy

dodo

barryhatrick

Pure 'East Cork' look about Abramhovich alright.  ;D

Reillers

Paul O Connor apparently is favorite. Not a bad choice at all.
Then you've got the likes of Donal O Grady's name been thrown around.

I doubt he'll work with the current CB. I doubt they'll bring him back either if FM is still in place.

Maximus Marillius

Any manager with half a brain wouldn't go near until the start of next season.

The GAA

Whats the problem between frank and donal?

The GAA

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on March 11, 2009, 01:51:22 PM
Any manager with half a brain wouldn't go near until the start of next season.

I don't know max - expectations will realistically be low this season and it gets a lot of the basic groundwork out of the way for 2010 that can frequently hold up development under a new manager

magpie seanie

The most important thing is that the lads on the current panel are treated fairly. They are the boys who really have Cork hurling in their hearts. Whoever the new manager is he will have a huge problem on his hands as there are a lot of lads living off past glories who will need to be got rid of. More strikes and threats to follow methinks.

heffo

I don't think there will be a single player from the strikers dropped and fully expect to see each and every one selected for the second half of the 2009 season...

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 11, 2009, 02:22:26 PM
I don't think there will be a single player from the strikers dropped and fully expect to see each and every one selected for the second half of the 2009 season...
Dellusional Heffo, you really are.

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

bingobus

I think Frank Murphy should be given a crack at the job, about time he justified his wages  :D

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 02:24:53 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 11, 2009, 02:22:26 PM
Dellusional Heffo, you really are.

If you believe any of the strikers who make themselves available  (of the panel of 30 who've training by themselves) will be not selected under Donal's new manager - please name who you think will..